• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Marking ‘dawn of new Middle East,’ Israel signs historic deals with UAE, Bahrain

NO1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Marking 'dawn of new Middle East,' Israel signs historic deals with UAE, Bahrain | The Times of Israel
Cementing a regional geopolitical shift few would have thought possible little more than a month ago, Israel on Tuesday signed landmark normalization deals with two Arab nations at a White House ceremony, with leaders hailing a “new dawn” for peace in the Middle East.
For the Mideast, the deals marked a distinct shift in a decades-old status quo where Arab countries have tried to maintain unity against Israel over its treatment of the stateless Palestinians.

Historic day in the ME, I hope more Arab countries will follow.
Kudos to everyone who made that happen.

This is a “rolling October surprise,” imo. I’ll wait and see what the long term results are. Trump announced that “others will follow.” I suspect Qatar as one of the next on board. Trump seems to hint that KSA will come on board soon.

Really? Trump has done what no other President has been able to.

President Donald Trump on Tuesday hailed the 'dawn of a new Middle East' when he presided over the signing of historic diplomatic deals between Israel, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain in a deal designed to boost his reputation as a statesman.

'We're here this afternoon to change the course of history. After decades of division and conflict we mark up the dawn of a new Middle East. Thanks to the great courage of the leaders of these three countries. We take a major stride toward a future in which people of all faiths and backgrounds live together in peace and prosperity,' Trump said in his remarks.

The president said more nations will follow suit in signing the accord that normalizes relations between the Jewish state and the Arab nations.

Last edited:
This is a “rolling October surprise,” imo. I’ll wait and see what the long term results are. Trump announced that “others will follow.” I suspect Qatar as one of the next on board. Trump seems to hint that KSA will come on board soon.

I don't think it's easy as you make it look like , if so why Obama didn't do it for his elections?
I think the deal is result of couple of things - covid19, Iran and US election (I think that helped to rush the process but not the cause for the deal).

Really? Trump has done what no other President has been able to.

Remember when “15 was going to be near zero?” I’ll wait before I celebrate. From your attachment:’ in a deal designed to boost his reputation as a statesman.

Kushner also followed the Administration line, but he also said we would be “rocking’ in July......

Let me know when the Palestinians sign on.

I predict Qatar will be next, who do you have?

I don't think it's easy as you make it look like , if so why Obama didn't do it for his elections?
I think the deal is result of couple of things - covid19, Iran and US election (I think that helped to rush the process but not the cause for the deal).

I was unaware of hostilities existing between Israel and the two Gulf states.

Remember when “15 was going to be near zero?” I’ll wait before I celebrate. From your attachment:’ in a deal designed to boost his reputation as a statesman.

Kushner also followed the Administration line, but he also said we would be “rocking’ in July......

Let me know when the Palestinians sign on.

I predict Qatar will be next, who do you have?

I saw that too and was waiting to see how long it would take for someone to highlight that. Of course it said that, it is a given that the sycophant media can not say a positive about Trump without throwing a negative as a "but". Actually I am surprised, it's usually more than one just to be sure.

Last I heard Palestinians were not invited. As to who do I predict will be next? I do not do predictions ever since my crystal dropped and broke.

I saw that too and was waiting to see how long it would take for someone to highlight that. Of course it said that, it is a given that the sycophant media can not say a positive about Trump without throwing a negative as a "but". Actually I am surprised, it's usually more than one just to be sure.

Last I heard Palestinians were not invited. As to who do I predict will be next? I do not do predictions ever since my crystal dropped and broke.

The Palestinians are the ones that share a “border” with Israel. Last map I looked at has all of KSA, Iraq and Jordan separating Israel from the Gulf States.

Sorry if I am skeptical.

I was unaware of hostilities existing between Israel and the two Gulf states.

This is just attempt to downgrade the deal. IMO even the ones the can't stand Trump should give him credit for this one, when was the last time that Arab country agree to sign a deal and having normal relations with the "zionist regime"?

This is just attempt to downgrade the deal. IMO even the ones the can't stand Trump should give him credit for this one, when was the last time that Arab country agree to sign a deal and having normal relations with the "zionist regime"?

Oh, I think Trump should get the Nobel Peace Prize!

:peace

Oh, I think Trump should get the Nobel Peace Prize!

:peace
Exaggeration.
The Nobel Peace Prize is meaningless for me, Given the fact the mega terrorist Arafat won it.

Exaggeration.
The Nobel Peace Prize is meaningless for me, Given the fact the mega terrorist Arafat won it.

Kinda hard to call Arafat a “mega terrorist” when Israel has an award for the members of the Stern Gang and one of them became Israeli PM.

Exaggeration.

Was the bombing of the King David Hotel a terrorist action?

The Palestinians are the ones that share a “border” with Israel. Last map I looked at has all of KSA, Iraq and Jordan separating Israel from the Gulf States.

Sorry if I am skeptical.

The Palestinians are now isolated and increasingly impotent/irrelevant.

Where has that sentiment been present before?

Generations of political foolishness and military incompetence have a price. The Palestinians are paying it now. They took a wrong turn at Oslo. The other Arabs are just tired of them now.

Generations of political foolishness and military incompetence have a price. The Palestinians are paying it now. They took a wrong turn at Oslo. The other Arabs are just tired of them now.

These kind of feelings can happen when someone moves into your house and tells you to get out.....

Was the bombing of the King David Hotel a terrorist action?

This topic already discuss multiple times before, dig up something new and it will be better if you will do it in another thread.

The Palestinians are now isolated and increasingly impotent/irrelevant.

Indeed. It seems that more and more Arab countries are done waiting for the failed Palestinian leadership, they know Israel has a lot to offer and they won't let the palestinians stop them.

Indeed. It seems that more and more Arab countries are done waiting for the failed Palestinian leadership, they know Israel has a lot to offer and they won't let the palestinians stop them.

Starting with the Mufti of Jerusalem, the Palestinians have been plagued by atrocious leadership from the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom