• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mark Zuckerberg says Facebook won't remove anti-vaccine posts despite Covid concerns

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Mark Zuckerberg says Facebook won't remove anti-vaccine posts despite Covid concerns | Technology | The Guardian

Social media chief denies Facebook’s algorithms are designed to push viewpoints ‘that are going to kind of enrage people’

the Facebook chief said he would not remove anti-vaxxer posts, even as the leading virus experts express cautious optimism that a Covid-19 vaccination may become available late this year or early next year.

“If someone is pointing out a case where a vaccine caused harm or that they’re worried about it – you know, that’s a difficult thing to say from my perspective that you shouldn’t be allowed to express at all,” Zuckerberg said.
=================================================================
I think this guy has too much influence.

How dare he not censor people for their opinion of a unproven vaccine!

How dare he not censor people for their opinion of a unproven vaccine!

Remember, we know the vaccine will be safe, even though it hasn't been invented yet. Unless Trump supports it, in which case it's poison.

I keep asking this time and time again and never get a decent answer, to whom should Facebook (or any other social media company) leave to decide these things?

The moment Facebook decides what needs to be warned against vs other posts freely made the catch-22 kicks right in and we start arguing about “too much influence” into that decision making as well.

Back
Top Bottom