• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Mark O'Mara talks about the race issue on CNN

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Zimmerman Attorney Mark O'Mara: Case Is Not About Civil Rights

[video=youtube;UWjA2Y9Oe5Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UWjA2Y9Oe5Y[/video]

Fact is there would be no trial if Martin was Hispanic or white.

Wouldn't you after realizing that a skinny 17 year old can easily whip your ass? ;)

George has gained since the jury selection..

Maybe George should learn to speak up.

Zimmerman Attorney Mark O'Mara: Case Is Not About Civil Rights

Kinda beat ya to it.

As O'Mara commented ...

“It was a wonderfully created and crafted public relations campaign by the people who are assisting the Martin family,” O’Mara said. He named Martin family attorney Ben Crump as being responsible for creating this misleading PR campaign and said that he should admit to that.

“Do you think that George Zimmerman would have even been charged had Ben Crump not been pulled into this?” Savidge asked.

“No,” O’Mara replied flatly. “I think that it was a made up story for purposes that had nothing to do with George Zimmerman and that they victimized him.”

O’Mara said that there was a concerted effort to “smear” Zimmerman as a racist and a murderer “when he wasn’t.” He added that the state should have taken the charges to a grand jury, but they decided to hold a press conference and announce the charges instead.

Zimmerman Attorney Mark O’Mara Blasts ‘PR Campaign’ That ‘Victimized’ Defendant As ‘Racist’ On CNN | Mediaite

“It was a wonderfully created and crafted public relations campaign by the people who are assisting the Martin family"
@ 02:12

CNN Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

CNN's 2-3 minute highlights.

People that are prone to attack you are not often easily talked down, bulking up is the better alternative to crying like a baby, beggining for forgiveness or even asserting your self proclaimed law enforcement position. ;)

Just what words could GZ have used, in your opinon, that would have convinced TM that breaking his nose was a bad idea, yet he had no hard feelings?

WTF is wrong with you sharon?

It is inconceivable to me that just about everyone would not have sympathy for George Zimmerman. There's no reason to believe he's a thug . . . a bully . . . filled with bravado. Nothing. He obviously got a sense of worth from his volunteering in community watch. He was doing it for good reasons . . . had ambitions to be in law enforcement himself . . . and it's very clear to me he's a pretty nice guy. Was he 100% right? No, he wasn't. But he's not guilty of murder. Or manslaughter as the law defines it. Horrible tragedy. Terrible mistake.

He made the biggest mistake of his life. He got out of the car. His one defining moment.

People that are prone to attack you are not often easily talked down, bulking up is the better alternative to crying like a baby, beggining for forgiveness or even asserting your self proclaimed law enforcement position. ;)

Just what words could GZ have used, in your opinon, that would have convinced TM that breaking his nose was a bad idea, yet he had no hard feelings?

Nonsense.. I am too old not to know the value of communication.

George could have said.. "Hold on this is a mistake, I'm NW."

I chewed out a black man yesterday.. He apologized and we shook hands.

Good thing he didn't punch you in the face, knock you down, straddle you and start beating your head against the street.

You'd be in big trouble with the law.

After he hit you?

I'm sorry and I know some of you will tell me this is the exact opposite of what one SHOULD do, but it's become crystal clear by the fact this case was even brought to trial at a press conference and not a grand jury. If a situation has a racial component, just don't get involved.

Not to worry, Sharon, as George will have plenty of time for working out now!

Good for him!

Back
Top Bottom