• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mark Meadows: WH aiming to have 100 million doses of Coronavirus vaccine ready to go late Oct.

digitusmedius

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 11.15.38 AM.jpg
Dirtbag & Co. really do think the American people are that stupid to believe a massive BS line like this. I guess this is their October Non-Surprise since you knew they were going to be trying every lie possible between now and Nov. 3. This is just a more desperate form of Dirtbag's Magic Health Care Plan that's always going to be unveiled "at the end of next week" or "in a couple weeks" etc....etc....etc. that we've been hearing for the past 3½ years.

View attachment 67295700
Dirtbag & Co. really do think the American people are that stupid to believe a massive BS line like this. I guess this is their October Non-Surprise since you knew they were going to be trying every lie possible between now and Nov. 3. This is just a more desperate form of Dirtbag's Magic Health Care Plan that's always going to be unveiled "at the end of next week" or "in a couple weeks" etc....etc....etc. that we've been hearing for the past 3½ years.

Is there something wrong with having a goal and working hard to achieve that goal?

Liars gonna lie.

Is there something wrong with having a goal and working hard to achieve that goal?

Myckie, Myckie, Myckie....you never give up knee padding for Dirtbag. Even you have to know there's no way any vaccine will be ready in 6 weeks. Your Dirtbag is counting on planting that false hope in enough gullible heads that it will salvage his collapsing campaign.

Weirdest thing is this isn’t a hotel ,and we are not investors Trump can keep promising returns to “any day now.” If nothing else, all this talk of a vaccine will translate into “Trump failed to get a vaccine he promised us by October.”

Overpromising and underdelivering built the pyramids and all but I don’t think it’s gonna work here.

I keep hearing that one or more of the vaccines need to be kept at something like -70F to keep their potency. If this is true, then It presents some serious logistical hurdles to rolling the vaccine out as rapidly as the Administration is stating.

Nothing wrong about it all. If Hillary had won the election she would be hailed as a hero for working to get an effective vaccine available as safely and as soon as possible. But c’mon man, Trump won and there you have it.

Every scientist in just about every country in the world on every continent except for Antarctica are working on development of a vaccine. We all want a vaccine, but we all want one we can be assured is safe and effective.

Every scientist in just about every country in the world on every continent except for Antarctica are working on development of a vaccine. We all want a vaccine, but we all want one we can be assured is safe and effective.

Yep. That, as well as 100 million doses of the stuff ready to go by late October, is the goal.

As I said...is there something wrong with that?

I DON'T know that.

What makes you think YOU know that?

People are just assuming way too much and giving you far too much credit for being responsible and reading the scientific articles on how a vaccine is developed. It's grueling, methodical work. The fastest vaccine ever developed was for Mumps and that took four years. And typically it takes 10 to 15 years to develop a vaccine. So 12 to 18 months would be record-breaking.

The experimental vaccine then heads to clinical trials. The experimental vaccine is given to a small group of people, then a bigger group, then an even bigger group. This series of tests can take years to complete. Some scientists have recently proposed that since the Covid-19 pandemic is so serious that it undergo so-called “challenge trials” to accelerate the process. In a challenge trial, researchers would intentionally infect the people they vaccinate in a controlled environment to see if the drug is effective. No such studies have been authorized yet.

Now you know why a vaccine cannot be rushed.

Unless Trump is actually working in the labs and factories producing the vaccine you have nothing to fear but fear itself. (I know someone else said the last part first but it still applies).

If you lie about achieving it there is.

Yep. That, as well as 100 million doses of the stuff ready to go by late October, is the goal.

Are you going to say that you didn't laugh out loud when Russia said they had a vaccine ready to go? And the difference is...?

People are just assuming way too much and giving you far too much credit for being responsible and reading the scientific articles on how a vaccine is developed. It's grueling, methodical work. The fastest vaccine ever developed was for Mumps and that took four years. And typically it takes 10 to 15 years to develop a vaccine. So 12 to 18 months would be record-breaking.

The experimental vaccine then heads to clinical trials. The experimental vaccine is given to a small group of people, then a bigger group, then an even bigger group. This series of tests can take years to complete. Some scientists have recently proposed that since the Covid-19 pandemic is so serious that it undergo so-called “challenge trials” to accelerate the process. In a challenge trial, researchers would intentionally infect the people they vaccinate in a controlled environment to see if the drug is effective. No such studies have been authorized yet.

Now you know why a vaccine cannot be rushed.

Americans...when put to the task...are capable of breaking records.

Are you going to say that you didn't laugh out loud when Russia said they had a vaccine ready to go? And the difference is...?

I didn't pay attention to the Russians. Why did you?

I didn't pay attention to the Russians. Why did you?

Because we live in the world, Russia is in the world. Thanks for addressing your lack of context though.

Americans...when put to the task...are capable of breaking records.

This isn't mass production of an automobile or airplane.

Vaccines Vaccine Development - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics

Vaccine development is at a preliminary stage. Obstacles to be overcome include the diversity of HCV genotypes and subtypes and the hypervariability of HCV quasispecies within an individual host. An understanding of protective mechanisms of immunity would also greatly facilitate vaccine design. Experimental recombinant envelope glycoprotein vaccines induce anti-E2 responses in chimpanzees, associated with protection against low dose challenge with homologous virus. However, the duration and cross-reactivity of this protection appears to be very limited. Broadly-reactive CTL responses have been induced in mice using peptide-based vaccines derived from the core and NS5 genes.

And that's just for starters! Science has been trying to develop an AIDS vaccine since 1984!

Yes.

It’s fantasy.

Vaccines don’t just magically appear- they need to be manufactured.

And that takes time, sometimes a lot of time, especially when you need to do it in volume.

Then you need to distribute. The typical channels (MD offices, pharmacies) might not be possible if Pfizer’s vaccine comes first- you need -90 freezers, which aren’t common.

Then you need a plan to distribute. Who is prioritized first? How will you administer it?

Given that this admin is famous for ****ing up one car parades, this last challenge will be done poorly and haphazardly, for sure.

I really can't wait to hear what the pro-Trump anti-vaxxer crowd has to say about this.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

Because we live in the world, Russia is in the world. Thanks for addressing your lack of context though.

shrug...

Go ahead and pay attention to the Russians if you want to. I see them as irrelevant.

Let me know when that happens.

Right now, all we have is a stated goal.

Which will fail, like all of Trump's stated goals.

Back
Top Bottom