• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Marjorie Taylor Greene to face expulsion resolution from Dem congressman

Notwithstanding your hard-on for Democrats, that precedent was set 224 years ago. There have been 20 Congressional expulsions, 15 from the Senate and 5 from the House. The first was the Federalist majority expelling a Democratic-Republican in 1797. The Democrat majority expelled a Democrat in 1980. The remaining 18 expulsions were the Republican majority expelling Democrats.
Even given that history, I still believe that it wasn't a good decision then, nor is it now. 🤷‍♂️
Fine if it's their own party.
I can't agree that the opposition party, regardless of which one, expelling the other party's elected representatives. It simply strikes me as wrong.

Even given that history, I still believe that it wasn't a good decision then, nor is it now. 🤷‍♂️
Fine if it's their own party.
I can't agree that the opposition party, regardless of which one, expelling the other party's elected representatives. It simply strikes me as wrong.

The point is that history of 90% of expulsions being Republicans expelling Democrats puts the lie to your implication that expulsion is a Democrat thing. The mechanism is in the Constitution. Don't like it? Good luck changing it. Like impeachment, it doesn't require illegal behavior by the expellee or for that matter, any grounds at all. It only requires a 2/3 vote, regardless the party of the expellee or which party initiates it.

The point is that history of 90% of expulsions being Republicans expelling Democrats puts the lie to your implication that expulsion is a Democrat thing. The mechanism is in the Constitution. Don't like it? Good luck changing it. Like impeachment, it doesn't require illegal behavior by the expellee or for that matter, any grounds at all. It only requires a 2/3 vote, regardless the party of the expellee or which party initiates it.
You are somehow confused by my perfectly clear post? Now why is that?

"puts the lie to your implication that expulsion is a Democrat thing"
Never made such a claim. Reading comprehension is important. Please don't read into my posts which isn't there, simply because you want it to be there.

"The mechanism is in the Constitution. Don't like it? Good luck changing it."
No plans on instigating to change it, still doesn't mean that I have to agree with it, which I clearly posted, in case you missed it.

What I see is nothing more threatening to Democracy than QAnon women. How will most Fox Newsie hosts report this legislation by Rep. Jimmy Gomez?

Marjorie Taylor Greene to face expulsion resolution from Dem congressman | Fox News

A California House Democrat plans to introduce legislation Friday to expel GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene from Congress over her past controversial social media postings that already prompted her removal from committees.

Greene blasted the Democrats' effort to remove her from office. She likened it to the ongoing election challenge in Iowa, where the House is weighing whether to undo the victory for Rep. Mariannette Miller-Meeks, R-Iowa, who won her race by just six votes.

"There is nothing more threatening to Democrats than strong Republican women!" Greene said in a statement to Fox News. "Democrats are trying [to] overturn the will of the American people who voted for both myself and Congresswoman Miller-Meeks. This is a continuation of the House Democrats’ war on women!"
If she's ushered out of the congress it will be by her constiuents in 2022. That's how the democratic process works. It's strange how Democrats are actually anti-democratic. They need to change their name to the Autocratic, or Aristocratic Party.

The Democrats are desperate in their attempt to gain more power. They know that they are probably going to get hammered in 2022, so they are going full speed to the left now.

They are even trying to overturn an election in Iowa and illegally install a Democrat who lost an election as the winner of that election.

If she's ushered out of the congress it will be by her constiuents in 2022. That's how the democratic process works. It's strange how Democrats are actually anti-democratic. They need to change their name to the Autocratic, or Aristocratic Party.

The Democrats are desperate in their attempt to gain more power. They know that they are probably going to get hammered in 2022, so they are going full speed to the left now.

They are even trying to overturn an election in Iowa and illegally install a Democrat who lost an election as the winner of that election.
"They are even trying to overturn an election in Iowa and illegally install a Democrat who lost an election as the winner of that election."
Rather interesting case of Democrat, and Pelosi in particular, hypocrisy.

Republican challenges to election outcomes are a dire threat to nation's democracy.

Mar 25
Pelosi argues she’s not obligated to seat certified election winner: If I wanted to be unfair I wouldnt have seated the Rep from Iowa because that was my right on the opening day. I would have just said, you’re not seated, and that would have been my right as Speaker to do. #IA02

Pelosi’s interpretation of her powers as Speaker of the House is just as bad as those who believed that Vice President Pence had the power to pick and choose which electors from each state would be counted. As political science professor and Townhall contributor Eddie Zipperer noted, Pelosi “needs to read the SCOTUS interpretation of the clause she’s referring to in Powell v McCormack. SCOTUS says a seat cannot be denied to a duly elected Rep who meets the constitutional qualifications.”​
I'd have to agree with the author.

Most disgustingly, the lame stream 'news' (political propaganda) media is curiously disinterested in coverage of this news nor bothering with fact checking.

Democracy Dies In The Shadows Of A Politically Biased Media, and we are witnessing it.

Last edited:
What I see is nothing more threatening to Democracy than QAnon women. How will most Fox Newsie hosts report this legislation by Rep. Jimmy Gomez?

Marjorie Taylor Greene to face expulsion resolution from Dem congressman | Fox News

A California House Democrat plans to introduce legislation Friday to expel GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene from Congress over her past controversial social media postings that already prompted her removal from committees.

Greene blasted the Democrats' effort to remove her from office. She likened it to the ongoing election challenge in Iowa, where the House is weighing whether to undo the victory for Rep. Mariannette Miller-Meeks, R-Iowa, who won her race by just six votes.

"There is nothing more threatening to Democrats than strong Republican women!" Greene said in a statement to Fox News. "Democrats are trying [to] overturn the will of the American people who voted for both myself and Congresswoman Miller-Meeks. This is a continuation of the House Democrats’ war on women!"
Greene thinks she's strong because she has a big mouth and enjoys stirring up controversy? That young lady has a lot to learn-and dumbing down what passes for political discourse in US politics even further isn't one of those lessons.

Last edited:
If she's ushered out of the congress it will be by her constiuents in 2022.
I'm still all for the FBI having words with her. Screw all of this whining over expelling a QAnon whack job.

I'm still all for the FBI having words with her. Screw all of this whining over expelling a QAnon whack job.
There's no reason for her to be suspected of being a subversive and she's not a member of or associated with QAnon And so what if she was? They are irrelevant.

Greene thinks she's strong because she has a big mouth and enjoys stirring up controversy? That young lady has a lot to learn-and dumbing down what passes for political discourse in US politics even further isn't one of those lessons.
Is she supposed to learn from Nancy Pelosi? Isn't she the one who's trying to overturn a legal and legit election in Iowa and install the loser of that election as the winner? But I'm sure the hacks can justify that

There's no reason for her to be suspected of being a subversive and she's not a member of or associated with QAnon And so what if she was? They are irrelevant.
That would be your opinion, since that group is chock full of nuts - my opinion. Again, she's displayed enough concern for the FBI to deal with her.

GOP candidate Marjorie Greene faces backlash over image of herself holding gun alongside The Squad | Fox News

Facebook took down Greene's image for violating standards on "violence and incitement."

"We don't allow content that leads to a genuine risk of physical harm or a direct threat to public safety," Facebook said in its explanation to Greene.
Oh, well if The Almighty Algorithm of Our Lord and Master Zuckerberg says it's a threat...

...then I'm even less inclined to see it as a threat.

Oh, well if The Almighty Algorithm of Our Lord and Master Zuckerberg says it's a threat...

...then I'm even less inclined to see it as a threat.
Here's something that may help you to better understand the magnitude of such a threat by Greene. You log in to someone's facebook page and here you see a picture of said person with an AR-15 pointed at large pictures of a few members of your family - lets say your mom or father, an uncle or aunt, your wife or husband and with extra sugar, one or two of your children. Are you inclined to see it as a threat?

Here's something that may help you to better understand the magnitude of such a threat by Greene. You log in to someone's facebook page and here you see a picture of said person with an AR-15 pointed at large pictures of a few members of your family - lets say your mom or father, an uncle or aunt, your wife or husband and with extra sugar, one or two of your children. Are you inclined to see it as a threat?
Maybe if it actually was pointed at someone instead of off the frame at the ground, you'd have a point.

Maybe if it actually was pointed at someone instead of off the frame at the ground, you'd have a point.
If I were to see something like that online, no matter what direction the weapon was pointed, I'd take it very personal and as a threat. Then, I'd do something about it.

So you’re saying that we shouldn’t take the democrats seriously because they don’t have the threshold to expel while simultaneously saying she should be expelled, and you’re accusing him of gaslighting?

The right thing to do would be to expel her, and that would require Republicans to vote for expelling her. (this is also why she wont be expelled)

The right wingers whining about expelling her "just because they don't agree with her" are gaslighting dipshits. They know that's not the reason Democrats are proposing she be expelled. We disagree with most republicans on most things and yet you don't see expulsion votes come up for the vast majority of them. They know what they are saying isn't true, and they're saying it anyway. Because right wingers argue in bad faith pretty much constantly.

The reason you are so confused is that it didn't occur to you that Republicans voting for her expulsion was an option. You'd never, ever think about actively trying to remove a Republican from office, for any reason, because you are loyal to the party. No matter what.

If I were to see something like that online, no matter what direction the weapon was pointed, I'd take it very personal and as a threat. Then, I'd do something about it.
That sounds like a threat.

That sounds like a threat.
Coming from a 'tarian, it figures you'd think that. The threat is someone posting a picture of themselves holding a weapon with pictures of others in the same picture frame.

She would already be gone if Democrats were confident they could get the necessary 2/3 majority last month.

I want to know why someone who says she hates government decided to run for a federal government office.
To tear it down of course.

She voted against honoring the Capitol Police who died or were injured on Nov 6th. As far as I'm concerned, she's insurrectionist trash.
Refusing to honor police killed or injured in the line of duty is grounds for explusion? That eliminates nearly the entire Democratic delegation in the House and Senate.

Back
Top Bottom