• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Marjorie Taylor Greene to face expulsion resolution from Dem congressman

She's a junior representative without even a seat on a committee.

What is far more dangerous, here, would be setting the precedent that the majority party can just declare members of the minority party too nuts to vote, and kick them out, on a partisan basis.

That's not the precedent that would be set here, jesus. Do you think this gaslighting fools people? Complete garbage, every word you just wrote.

You don't even know how expulsion works, dude. Stop making yourself look like an idiot and at least understand the topic before spewing garbage. Democrats cannot unilaterally expel members because the vote threshold is too high.

Sorry it took so long to reply -

Hilarious. All summer long we were told ACAB. You yourself said it was "fair to say, 'at least some of the police may have been tacitly complicit'" when it came to the Capitol riot. Now you're worried about showing a lack of respect for those same officers you stood ready to accuse of aiding and abetting a riot?

Please.
Re: My quote -

Yep. And, it was indeed true. Those are the guys getting charged. But it has nothing to do with honoring the good cops, including the 140 brave men & women that sustained injuries defending our Capitol.

Making the House do its tedious business is not a reason to expel a representative. Not even a little bit.
Margie Greene is being considered for expulsion for her general character and what appears to be marginal conduct.

Yes, it is true that a representative can be expelled by the House on the whim of a sufficient number of their colleagues. That doesn't mean are using it for the purposes it was inserted into the Constitution. Might as well draw up expulsion charges for anyone who happened to break wind in the company of the Speaker while we're at it. That's how petty this is. But yes, they are allowed to be petty little bitches.

She's not obligated to vote for any bill at all, no matter how much you like it, and she is perfectly within her rights to refuse to allow the House to skip over the boring parts. So which part of her oath is she failing to uphold?
Re: That I bolded -

Wha??

The Constitution specifically left it in their hands!

That's not the precedent that would be set here, jesus. Do you think this gaslighting fools people? Complete garbage, every word you just wrote.

You don't even know how expulsion works, dude. Stop making yourself look like an idiot and at least understand the topic before spewing garbage. Democrats cannot unilaterally expel members because the vote threshold is too high.
So you’re saying that we shouldn’t take the democrats seriously because they don’t have the threshold to expel while simultaneously saying she should be expelled, and you’re accusing him of gaslighting?

We are talking about her behavior in office, which is completely objective.

I assume you would hate to hear your own coworker say you should be murdered for disagreeing with her. Marjorie Taylor-Greene actually did that. She also talked about personally hating government. Exactly how is someone who says that kind of crap fit for office?
Pelosi isn't the only one she's threatened.
1616741492214.png

This could be the single worst thing to happen politically in my 59 year lifetime. To be able to kick a person out of Congress because you disagree with them politically? Wow. I can't believe this is happening in the US.

This could be the single worst thing to happen politically in my 59 year lifetime. To be able to kick a person out of Congress because you disagree with them politically? Wow. I can't believe this is happening in the US.

Well that is one way to look at it... entirely wrong, but that hardly matters these days in the twisted world of politics.

I personally think that the FBI should look into her and let the chips fall where they may from their investigation.

I personally think that the FBI should look into her and let the chips fall where they may from their investigation.

That's just it. They aren't taking about her getting criminal charges. If she committed a crime, she needs to be kicked out. The Dems are talking about kicking her out of Congress because they don't agree with her political beliefs. That is VERY scary.

That's just it. They aren't taking about her getting criminal charges. If she committed a crime, she needs to be kicked out. The Dems are talking about kicking her out of Congress because they don't agree with her political beliefs. That is VERY scary.
However, the part that's scary is when Greene supports or threatens the life of a Congress Critter(s). She simply went way too far.

However, the part that's scary is when Greene supports or threatens the life of a Congress Critter(s). She simply went way too far.
well. not to some people.

Sorry it took so long to reply -
I searched, for too long, for a YouTube clip from a Fawlty Towers episode where a guest tells John Cleese, "fear not, kind sir, it matters not one whit!"

But all I could find was the full episode and that seemed a bit much.

Re: My quote -

Yep. And, it was indeed true. Those are the guys getting charged. But it has nothing to do with honoring the good cops, including the 140 brave men & women that sustained injuries defending our Capitol.
I have found no evidence of Capitol Police being charged with any crimes related to the riot. Some were suspended with pay and still more are under investigation, but none have been charged with anything.

Margie Greene is being considered for expulsion for her general character and what appears to be marginal conduct.
The justifications provided here were for tedious votes and voting against honoring Capitol Police who, for whatever reason, are suddenly not included in the ACAB.

Re: That I bolded -

Wha??

The Constitution specifically left it in their hands!
Because they didn't want to artificially limit it with specific reasons and then keep future Congresses from expelling someone who should be expelled but committed offenses the Founders didn't think to include. That doesn't mean that it's a legitimate use of the power to expel someone just because they piss you off. Can they do it? Of course. Is that why it's there? No.

So if a black congressman is elected in a majority black district that’s valid grounds to expel?
nope

but the demographics of her district explains her overwhelming support from he constituents.

Last edited:
nope

but the demographics of her district explains here overwhelming support from he constituents.
Which means what?
The people of her district aren’t allowed to choose their representative?

Which means what?
The people of her district aren’t allowed to choose their representative?
i'm going to answer that with the same logic you just used...

March Madness starts again tomorrow.

I don't think the Dems should try to remove her unless she is proven to have done something criminal. The Republicans should condemn her nonsense, though. This board would have banned her long ago, and a zero tolerance policy for death threats isn't really such a bad thing for Congress to have, is it?

It'd be one thing if it was within the same political party.
Setting the precedent that the opposition party can do so, it's NOT a good precedent to set, IMHO.

Democrats are pushing hard for permanent single party rule (theirs). Doesn't seem like there are any barriers to stop them.

All the actions the Democrats have taken were predicted, yet those who raised those concerns before the election were summarily dismissed with little more than the rhetorical wave of the hand. 🤷‍♂️

I don't think the Dems should try to remove her unless she is proven to have done something criminal. The Republicans should condemn her nonsense, though. This board would have banned her long ago, and a zero tolerance policy for death threats isn't really such a bad thing for Congress to have, is it?
Try to imagine if a Democratic Rep stated weird off the wall crap, acted squirrely and supported/threatened death to a Congress Critter - would the Republicans try to expel them?

Try to imagine if a Democratic Rep stated weird off the wall crap, acted squirrely and supported/threatened death to a Congress Critter - would the Republicans try to expel them?
No, they'd try to get them to switch parties.

No, they'd try to get them to switch parties.
Ah, nice one. Embrace them as if they were their own. If the warped Rep didn't switch, then I would expect the Republicans would go to plan 'B' and expel them.

Ah, nice one. Embrace them as if they were their own. If the warped Rep didn't switch, then I would expect the Republicans would go to plan 'B' and expel them.
Aye, that's the rub. I agree with Nancy on this one. It's true there aren't a lot of decent House members on the Republican side right now, but expelling a member shouldn't start in the opposition party. Not that they can't vote for the expulsion, of course.

Aye, that's the rub. I agree with Nancy on this one. It's true there aren't a lot of decent House members on the Republican side right now, but expelling a member shouldn't start in the opposition party. Not that they can't vote for the expulsion, of course.
"expelling a member shouldn't start in the opposition"
I am in agreement with you MaryP.

It would be a terrible precedent to set.

It'd be one thing if it was within the same political party.
Setting the precedent that the opposition party can do so, it's NOT a good precedent to set, IMHO.

Democrats are pushing hard for permanent single party rule (theirs). Doesn't seem like there are any barriers to stop them.

All the actions the Democrats have taken were predicted, yet those who raised those concerns before the election were summarily dismissed with little more than the rhetorical wave of the hand. 🤷‍♂️

Notwithstanding your hard-on for Democrats, that precedent was set 224 years ago. There have been 20 Congressional expulsions, 15 from the Senate and 5 from the House. The first was the Federalist majority expelling a Democratic-Republican in 1797. The Democrat majority expelled a Democrat in 1980. The remaining 18 expulsions were the Republican majority expelling Democrats.

Back
Top Bottom