• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Marjorie Taylor Greene to face expulsion resolution from Dem congressman

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
What I see is nothing more threatening to Democracy than QAnon women. How will most Fox Newsie hosts report this legislation by Rep. Jimmy Gomez?

Marjorie Taylor Greene to face expulsion resolution from Dem congressman | Fox News

A California House Democrat plans to introduce legislation Friday to expel GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene from Congress over her past controversial social media postings that already prompted her removal from committees.

Greene blasted the Democrats' effort to remove her from office. She likened it to the ongoing election challenge in Iowa, where the House is weighing whether to undo the victory for Rep. Mariannette Miller-Meeks, R-Iowa, who won her race by just six votes.

"There is nothing more threatening to Democrats than strong Republican women!" Greene said in a statement to Fox News. "Democrats are trying [to] overturn the will of the American people who voted for both myself and Congresswoman Miller-Meeks. This is a continuation of the House Democrats’ war on women!"

I certainly have no love for her but obviously her constituents like her as they voted her in. It seems this is more of we don't like you so we are going to have you removed from office. That would be a dangerous precedent to set. I'd be surprised if it went anywhere.

I certainly have no love for her but obviously her constituents like her as they voted her in. It seems this is more of we don't like you so we are going to have you removed from office. That would be a dangerous precedent to set. I'd be surprised if it went anywhere.

What precedent? The mechanism to remove a congressman is right in the constitution.

BAD MOVE DEMS:

Leave her front and center for all of America to see what a Trumpephite and a rightwing loony sounds like.

Expelling her will make her a martyr for the Right.

Sometimes it is best to let people shoot themselves in the foot and make fools of themselves.

You're wrong. It's a dangerous precedent to allow complete whackjobs to remain in power.

What precedent? The mechanism to remove a congressman is right in the constitution.
Yes, I'm aware there is a path in the constitution for expulsion. Typically, expulsion revolves around something criminal. Other than not being likeable, what has she done to warrant expulsion?

Okay. Who gets to determine who's a whackjob and who's fit?

So you are arguing that she is fit? I tend to agree with you for the most part, but suggesting she's fit might be a bridge too far. If they can connect her to 1/6, they should expell her. Otherwise, she's the Congressional GOP's problem. A number of them are just fine with her. I wonder if they're fit as well. I dont think so. I think they're nuts, but that's what the voters want, so here we are.

Yes, I'm aware there is a path in the constitution for expulsion. Typically, expulsion revolves around something criminal. Other than not being likeable, what has she done to warrant expulsion?

There are no qualifying conditions or requirements for removal.

Personally, I could go either way on this (see @SNOWFLAKE 's reply), but my instincts say to toss her out.

So you are arguing that she is fit? I tend to agree with you for the most part, but suggesting she's fit might be a bridge too far. If they can connect her to 1/6, they should expell her. Otherwise, she's the Congressional GOP's problem. A number of them are just fine with her. I wonder if they're fit as well. I dont think so. I think they're nuts, but that's what the voters want, so here we are.
So far, there's nothing to say she's not. She certainly has her views and is out there. Heck, the same could be said for others. IMO, this resolution is nothing more than kick the person out who's rocking the boat.

There are no qualifying conditions or requirements for removal.

Personally, I could go either way on this (see @SNOWFLAKE 's reply), but my instincts say to toss her out.
Exactly. That's why this particular case would be a dangerous precedent.

So far, there's nothing to say she's not. She certainly has her views and is out there. Heck, the same could be said for others. IMO, this resolution is nothing more than kick the person out who's rocking the boat.

Yes, the same could be said of those in Congress who support her.

She's asking for it. Republicans are equally pissed at her.

Not all by any means. Its causing a big rift between them.

No, it is because she is forcing them to appear every day to vote down adjourning. She's playing games with the rules to get payback for voting her off the committees. She acts more like T**** every day. Remarkable.

No, it is because she is forcing them to appear every day to vote down adjourning. She's playing games with the rules to get payback for voting her off the committees. She acts more like T**** every day. Remarkable.

Yeah, she learned one tactic, and it's all she does. Meanwhile, her GOP colleagues can't get *anything* done. Either they support MTG and won't even get crumbs from the dems, or they go against her and face the wrath of the rubes.

As I say, my instincts are to force the issue.

Um, She ran unopposed.

Not all by any means. Its causing a big rift between them.
She's going to lose more and more support the farther she goes. I think the woman is as much of a psychopath as T****. And where is McCarthy? Hasn't found his spine yet? Maybe he's afraid she'll hang an insulting poster in front of his office, too.

Maybe Susan should have a talk with her. That should go well. LOL

BAD MOVE DEMS:

Leave her front and center for all of America to see what a Trumpephite and a rightwing loony sounds like.

Expelling her will make her a martyr for the Right.

Sometimes it is best to let people shoot themselves in the foot and make fools of themselves.

A "martyr for the right"? I am on the right. Perhaps if she was some figure of longstanding significance. But she is evil scum and her star has risen and fallen in but a few months. Her forced departure would make her no martyr to me nor to most Republicans. She will not be missed.

Yeah, she learned one tactic, and it's all she does. Meanwhile, her GOP colleagues can't get *anything* done. Either they support MTG and won't even get crumbs from the dems, or they go against her and face the wrath of the rubes.

As I say, my instincts are to force the issue.
Excuse what I'm about to say, but F*** the rubes! If that is their idea of Congressional performance, their opinion be damned. Try again, folks.

Back
Top Bottom