• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Marjorie Taylor Greene bizarrely uses Brooklyn subway shooting to argue against gun control

Loulit01

What We've Got Here is a Failure to Communicate
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Another stable genius.
She's a complete and utter moron.

Marjorie Greene's little brain had a cogent thought, give her credit. You don't hear of many gun shops being robbed for a reason. Bad guys don't like good guys having guns.

Another stable genius.
Good representative of the Trump Klan Party aka GQP. She's an ignorant, racist, homophobic, gun nutter with a big fat stinkhole that never stays shut. The brainwashed cult looks up to trash like her, that's how low they are. 🤡

Her point is valid

Not in that situation. A crowded subway car filled with smoke is not a great place to try to shoot except randomly. The moron shooting fired 33 rounds, hitting 10 people, and (fortunately) did not manage to fatally shoot anyone.

Another stable genius.

What is the (alleged) media bias?

Not in that situation. A crowded subway car filled with smoke is not a great place to try to shoot except randomly. The moron shooting fired 33 rounds, hitting 10 people, and (fortunately) did not manage to fatally shoot anyone.
The unanswered question is if he thought half the people were armed would he of tried it in the first place? It's a complicated issue.

Exactly. Seconds to identify the shooter in a crowded subway, and filled with smoke, and you respond with your own gun; a situation cloaked in chaos. Then add to that situation several or many other legal gun owners drawing their weapons and attempting to respond at the same time. Quick! Which one is the bad guy? And everyone thinking the same thing. In seconds it could well be a blood bath of intended self defense.

Marjorie Greene's little brain had a cogent thought, give her credit. You don't hear of many gun shops being robbed for a reason. Bad guys don't like good guys having guns.

Myths.

Another stable genius.
I agree with her. When you forbid self defense you make shooting galleries for people who break laws.

Why do you think mass shootings almost always happen in places where there is gun control?

"have." "of" is not a verb. You'll thank me later.

I've noticed that a lot of folks who confuse "would have" with "would of" also reach for a glass of "wooder" when they're thirsty and they "warsh" their hands before eating.

"Joining the military is throwing your life away."
MARJORIE TAYLOR-GREENE

Yes, she has much more to say.
Nevertheless, her comments won't age well if we wind up getting attacked.
No matter how she tries to spin this, she IS in fact insulting every active duty member of the armed forces and every veteran.

PS:

I've noticed that a lot of folks who confuse "would have" with "would of" also reach for a glass of "wooder" when they're thirsty and they "warsh" their hands before eating.
I like picking on people who are persnickety about language.

If I find one I'll always use the wrong spelling of your, you're or it's, its.

It's funny because you have to know the rules in order to consistently get it wrong and it just drives these people insane.

All the NY City subway needs is to have everyone packing.
If that was the case I doubt this person would have thought he could get away with shooting a bunch of people.

Have you noticed mass shootings almost exclusively happen where nobody's allowed to carry firearms?

If that was the case I doubt this person would have thought he could get away with shooting a bunch of people.

Have you noticed mass shootings almost exclusively happen where nobody's allowed to carry firearms?
Like the Kroger shootings? The Texas Walmart shooting? It didn't help that people could carry. It happens fast and the smart thing to do is run, hide and stay alive, not shoot unless there's no choice. Every single police force in the nation will teach you the same.

Like the Kroger shootings? The Texas Walmart shooting? It didn't help that people could carry.
So you don't remember Texas tech or Columbine or Margie stoneman Douglas, are pulse nightclub or Las Vegas or Sandy Hook or the movie theater in Colorado... 100% of those took place in 100% gun control so it doesn't seem like it really works.
It happens fast and the smart thing to do is run, hide and stay alive, not shoot unless there's no choice. Every single police force in the nation will teach you the same.
The smart thing to do is not too intentionally make things into soft targets or shooting calories.

How many mass shootings happen at gun stores or shooting ranges or gun shows or police stations or hunting clubs or CHL classes?

Get over here in Texas we had campus carry enacted when I was still in college and I didn't turn into the okay corral. In fact I didn't even know who was carrying and since I don't talk about it nobody knew that I was.

Back
Top Bottom