• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Marjorie Greene testifies live

That will not fly in a court of law. Like the defending lawyer eluded to. If she is inelibeble, she should be in jail. They have no legal evidence she engaged in insurrection.
Wrong.

That will not fly in a court of law. Like the defending lawyer eluded to. If she is inelibeble, she should be in jail. They have no legal evidence she engaged in insurrection.
The little I know of the law causes me to agree that this procedure is a little suspect. Innocent until proven guilty and I would think that there would be a charge for Greene to defend against. Is there a precedent for this?

The little I know of the law causes me to agree that this procedure is a little suspect. Innocent until proven guilty and I would think that there would be a charge for Greene to defend against. Is there a precedent for this?
This is an administrative hearing, not a criminal one.

The Bopp guy is presenting more than an opening statement. These arguments are for the meat of the case, imo.

Beyond that, like the lawyer is talking of now. The judge will need to base this on what insurrection meant at the time the 14th amendment was written. There was no armed rebellion.

It should have never gone this far to begin with.

The law is required to base the actions on what the word meant during the time something was written. You do not take past contracts, laws, etc. and change them as a definition or perceived definition changes.

Think about it. What did "insurrection" mean in 1868.

This is an administrative hearing, not a criminal one.
The consequences are preventing her from being on the ballot, right?

If they fail to keep MTG off the ballot, they will have created a bigger monster than she already is.
I don’t put that past the democrats…..

The argument that her speech was "free speech" actually plays into the petitioner's argument that she engaged in "coded messaging."

Beyond that, like the lawyer is talking of now. The judge will need to base this on what insurrection meant at the time the 14th amendment was written. There was no armed rebellion.

It should have never gone this far to begin with.

The law is required to base the actions on what the word meant during the time something was written. You do not take past contracts, laws, etc. and change them as a definition or perceived definition changes.

Think about it. What did "insurrection" mean in 1868.
You can turn that argument on more than the 14thAmendment.

The Bopp guy is presenting more than an opening statement. These arguments are for the meat of the case, imo.
Maybe he is hoping the judge will dismiss the case as soon as he is done and asks the prosecutor a few pointed questions?

Just a thought.

The consequences are preventing her from being on the ballot, right?

If they fail to keep MTG off the ballot, they will have created a bigger monster than she already is.
I don’t put that past the democrats…..
I don't buy that. It will really depend on the strength of the petitioner's case. It's no different than both impeachments failing. The problem wasn't the strength of the arguments in favor of them, but the fact that the jury was bought and sold. If the arguments had been weak, we would have remembered them for the Democrats looking foolish.

It’s going to be a long day…..

I don't buy that. It will really depend on the strength of the petitioner's case. It's no different than both impeachments failing. The problem wasn't the strength of the arguments in favor of them, but the fact that the jury was bought and sold. If the arguments had been weak, we would have remembered them for the Democrats looking foolish.
Is this in front of a jury or is the judge the decider?

Is this in front of a jury or is the judge the decider?
Judge. Based on this hearing he'll be making a recommendation to Raffensperger.

This should be good, her lawyer is trying to reduce this to nothing more than heckling

Judge. Based on this hearing, he'll be making a recommendation to Raffensperger.
How much leeway does Raffensperger have?

How much leeway does Raffensperger have?
I guess as the secretary of state he has the power to keep her from being a candidate. (That's speculation).

The defense's strategy is to put everyone to sleep. Clever.
It appears to be working on the judge.

You couldn’t pay me enough to have to sit thru this!

We'll see. MTG doesn't seem like the brightest bulb to follow the rules so this will be interesting to listen to.

MTG is not very sophisticated or knowledgeable, but full of a lot of blind rage, confusion, and misunderstanding- a classic Trumpian.

If the prosecutors play this right, they can really exploit that to get a lot of information out of her: maybe get her a little riled up at first to put her in the Trumpian mode- and once there, it wont' be too far a stretch to get her gushing out her usual seditionist rhetoric. You know it's all there. It's just like a large pus pocket ready to burst. You just have to scratch the surface a little bit before all that putrid pus just comes spewing forth. It does so regularly on the campaign trail. You just have to work it a little before it all starts coming out here as well- under oath. That's all that's needed.

Back
Top Bottom