• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mariupol theater bombing: 300 killed in Russian strike, says Ukrainian authorities

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Mariupol theater bombing: 300 killed in Russian strike, says Ukrainian authorities

iu

About 300 people are believed to have died in a Russian attack on a theater in Mariupol nine days ago, the city council has said, citing eyewitness reports. The March 16 bombing of Mariupol's Drama Theater, where Ukrainian officials say up to 1,300 had sought refuge, was among the most brazen of Russia's attacks on civilians since its invasion began in late February. Painted on the ground outside the building -- in giant Russian letters -- was the word "CHILDREN." The message -- large enough to be viewed from the sky -- was scrawled near a public square. Russia has denied its forces hit the theater. Announcing the update on its Telegram channel, the city council said: "Unfortunately, we start the day with bad news. There is information, based on eyewitnesses, that about 300 people died in the Drama Theater in Mariupol as a result of a bombing by Russian aircraft. "We still do not want to believe in this horror. We still want to believe that everyone managed to escape. But the words of those who were inside the building at the time of this terrorist act say otherwise."

A Kremlin war crime. The theater contained women and children taking shelter from Russian bombs.

Interesting considering I have not seen any photos of said victims or their rescue, only "eyewitness testimonies", despite Ukraine eagerly using previous instances to fuel their propaganda war.

Interesting considering I have not seen any photos of said victims or their rescue, only "eyewitness testimonies", despite Ukraine eagerly using previous instances to fuel their propaganda war.

Maybe you should go to Ukraine yourself and verify war crimes to your satisfaction..

Who started the propaganda war by telling you that Ukraine was led by Nazis? Oh yes, Putin, the chap who prefers killing and incarcerating his political opposition. I think you'll find you're not welcome here.

Who started the propaganda war by telling you that Ukraine was led by Nazis? Oh yes, Putin, the chap who prefers killing and incarcerating his political opposition. I think you'll find you're not welcome here.
Still doesn't refute my point.

Didn't think so. All talk and no walk.
That has nothing to do with whether the bombing happened or not. And I dont need to "verify" because I've already seen evidence that its false and that Azov are just being crybabies because their city is getting shit on.

Maybe you should go to Ukraine yourself and verify war crimes to your satisfaction..

Sir, you are NOT reporting from Mariupol. You are posting from the comforts of your home. DP is not Ukraine, stop taking your frustrations out on posters.

From the bits and pieces I have seen on tweeter the Mayor of Mariupol is not even in the city anymore. And the remaining Azov direhards are probably heavy bombardments themselves to be out conducting excavations. So I am not sure who is the authority putting out the information

From the bits and pieces I have seen on tweeter the Mayor of Mariupol is not even in the city anymore. And the remaining Azov direhards are probably heavy bombardments themselves to be out conducting excavations. So I am not sure who is the authority putting out the information
It's all just a false flag.
There was literally a Telegram post on March 12th that detailed from sources on the ground that there would be a false flag attack on the theater and that civilians were being evacuated from it anyways, days before the alleged "bombing". That's why there hasn't been any "victim photos" for the propaganda effort.

That has nothing to do with whether the bombing happened or not. And I dont need to "verify" because I've already seen evidence that its false and that Azov are just being crybabies because their city is getting shit on.

QAnon is not a valid source. Nor is China's People's Daily, nor Russia's TASS.

It's all just a false flag.
There was literally a Telegram post on March 12th that detailed from sources on the ground that there would be a false flag attack on the theater and that civilians were being evacuated from it anyways, days before the alleged "bombing". That's why there hasn't been any "victim photos" for the propaganda effort.

🤣

Its neither of the above, but apparently no evidence or reasoning is able to penetrate your bubble.

As they say with wars, the truth is the first casualty.

I have an open mind on the alleged bombing of this theatre. It could be the result of a Russian strike or it could be the Asov Nazis using their own destruction of it as a false flag.

We have already had the mosque incident and the use of footage from other conflicts thrown into the mix.

What we see here though is the rush to believe anything and everything that comes from the Ukrainian side from the usual suspects and the populists. They are wholly predictable on this and you won't get anywhere challenging their need to believe

Take yourself to Ukraine and answer your questions yourself.

You should take your own advice seeing as you have been pushing for Ukrainians to die in droves in a war with Russia. The least you can do is put yourself alongside them instead of cheering on a proxy war that will sacrifice the last Ukrainian in a bid to unseat Putin from the safety of being out of range. Such a cowardly position imho

As they say with wars, the truth is the first casualty.

I have an open mind on the alleged bombing of this theatre. It could be the result of a Russian strike or it could be the Asov Nazis using their own destruction of it as a false flag.

We have already had the mosque incident and the use of footage from other conflicts thrown into the mix.

What we see here though is the rush to believe anything and everything that comes from the Ukrainian side from the usual suspects and the populists. They are wholly predictable on this and you won't get anywhere challenging their need to believe

Plus, it is a given that when you turn a city into a fortress things like that are guaranteed to happen. But I get impression that tragedy is for some timely and fodder for effective propaganda. There are those genuinely shocked by the tragedy, and those shedding crocodile tears in the media while gleefully playing clips over and over

Plus, it is a given that when you turn a city into a fortress things like that are guaranteed to happen. But I get impression that tragedy is for some timely and fodder for effective propaganda. There are those genuinely shocked by the tragedy, and those shedding crocodile tears in the media while gleefully playing clips over and over

We can go back through these false flag psyops type events. The Iraqis dumping new borns out of incubators in Kuwait, the famous hauling down of the Saddam Hussien statue, Jessica Lynch etc etc

Yep, those pushing for war for years here regarding Russia/Ukraine are now somehow horrified that innocent people are being killed in it? I don't buy it. Sick imo

Its neither of the above, but apparently no evidence or reasoning is able to penetrate your bubble.

Your bubble is "Xi Jinping Soc Dem". Says so right under your lousy avatar.

And Xi is a Communist, not a Social Democrat.

We can go back through these false flag psyops type events. The Iraqis dumping new borns out of incubators in Kuwait, the famous hauling down of the Saddam Hussien statue, Jessica Lynch etc etc.

They even had a script on a Russian plot to kill Zelensky. This was a complete plot. The assignment was given to Chechens in the plot. See, Chechens make for better villains in a drama. Giving that role to Russian operatives will not have same dramatic effect. Problem is no one informed Chechens they had a mission to assassinate Zelensky. And Zelensky himself is enjoying his global speaking tour addressing parliaments too much to give the fiction a proper tragic ending.

Yep, those pushing for war for years here regarding Russia/Ukraine are now somehow horrified that innocent people are being killed in it? I don't buy it. Sick imo

I am flabbergasted when same folks who cheered Zelensky when he distributes arms to civilians somehow are shocked when the civilians become valid military targets. What were the civilians supposed to do with the molotov cocktails handed to them by Zelensky? And what are Russian tankers supposed to do when molotov cocktails rain down on them?

Back
Top Bottom