• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Marines remove general investigated over alleged racial slur

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://apnews.com/article/race-and-ethnicity-politics-europe-3a79456e6212a1e543006f76529219cf</div>

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Marine Corps has removed a two-star general from command of Marine forces in Europe and Africa based on an investigation into allegations that he used a racial slur during a training event, officials said Tuesday.

The decision to relieve Maj. Gen. Stephen Neary of command of Marine Corps Forces Europe and Africa, headquartered in Germany, was made by the commandant of the Marine Corps, Gen. David Berger.

“Neary was relieved due to a loss of trust and confidence in his ability to serve in command,” the Marines said in a brief written statement. Neary had assumed command in July.
==================================================
I guess we'll still need a few more good men.

As it should be,

In the military, the accusation can result in changes like this even if no evidence is found that he did what was alleged.

In the military, the accusation can result in changes like this even if no evidence is found that he did what was alleged.

Ummmm, what military were you in? Accusations are throw around like after prom virtues. No, it takes more than unsubstantiated rumors and accusations to get a general out of his fiefdom. If he said a slur for black people in front of Marines there are eyewitnesses. Apparently there were.... ✌

Ummmm, what military were you in? Accusations are throw around like after prom virtues. No, it takes more than unsubstantiated rumors and accusations to get a general out of his fiefdom. If he said a slur for black people in front of Marines there are eyewitnesses. Apparently there were.... ✌
The US military. You?

Simple accusations stops being simple when an IG or other official investigation is involved. A colonel at our base was accused of using our planes to go on shopping trips and taking family members with him. Someone reported this to the HQ IG. Since I was in charge of the office that scheduled all of the flights these excursions supposedly took place on, I was interviewed by the investigating officer. I told him nothing of the sort took place and I wouldn’t have scheduled a flight like that. He ended up being transferred to a dead end job and retired right after that.

If there are witnesses and the accusations are substantiated, that’s good. If it can’t be supported then his career is over regardless.

Yeah, because there wouldn't be any witnesses at a training event.
Then it should be easy to substantiate which would warrant a stronger statement than what was made.

Then it should be easy to substantiate which would warrant a stronger statement than what was made.
They water down the statements to make them sound professional. The fact is, whatever they say, they weren't pleased with him, and canned the dude.

https://apnews.com/article/race-and-ethnicity-politics-europe-3a79456e6212a1e543006f76529219cf</div>

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Marine Corps has removed a two-star general from command of Marine forces in Europe and Africa based on an investigation into allegations that he used a racial slur during a training event, officials said Tuesday.

The decision to relieve Maj. Gen. Stephen Neary of command of Marine Corps Forces Europe and Africa, headquartered in Germany, was made by the commandant of the Marine Corps, Gen. David Berger.

“Neary was relieved due to a loss of trust and confidence in his ability to serve in command,” the Marines said in a brief written statement. Neary had assumed command in July.
==================================================
I guess we'll still need a few more good men.

Oh my Allah, have they beheaded him yet?

They water down the statements to make them sound professional. The fact is, whatever they say, they weren't pleased with him, and canned the dude.
Sure, that’s possible. I think with the current climate that if they had evidence he said something racist they wouldn’t be shy about making a stronger, more specific statement.

Sure, that’s possible. I think with the current climate that if they had evidence he said something racist they wouldn’t be shy about making a stronger, more specific statement.
Why should they? Making a stronger, more specific statement, would only serve to disgrace the ex-two star general. They wanted him out, not to brand him with a scarlet letter.

Why should they? Making a stronger, more specific statement, would only serve to disgrace the ex-two star general. They wanted him out, not to brand him with a scarlet letter.
Like I said, to me it would make sense in the current climate.

From the halls of political correctness
to the shores of West Hollywood
We will fight for social justice
And so gay rights are understood.
We will virtue signal regularly
And to protect snowflake feelings

We are now a bunch of Karen's
Where there once were real Marines.

A Trumpist does not care if a general likes using racist slurs? Color me shocked.

The allegation is a single, unnamed accusation.

I'm comforted by the idea that Marines are snowflakes, though.

The US military. You? Simple accusations stops being simple when an IG or other official investigation is involved. A colonel at our base was accused of using our planes to go on shopping trips and taking family members with him. Someone reported this to the HQ IG. Since I was in charge of the office that scheduled all of the flights these excursions supposedly took place on, I was interviewed by the investigating officer. I told him nothing of the sort took place and I wouldn’t have scheduled a flight like that. He ended up being transferred to a dead end job and retired right after that. If there are witnesses and the accusations are substantiated, that’s good. If it can’t be supported then his career is over regardless.

Us Infantry, saw dozens of congressional inquirers and IG investigations. None drew more than a letter in the file, few got even that. it took quite a bit of evidence to get a general removed from his command. Never knew of one getting relieved, guess some did, just never heard of it.

Were you privy to the investigation files? Did you sit in when the results were read to the Colonel??? All you can really say is as far as you know (and you weren't there 24/7) is he never scheduled such flights. You really don't know if he took such flights off the book... ✌

From the halls of political correctness to the shores of West Hollywood We will fight for social justice
And so gay rights are understood. We will virtue signal regularly And to protect snowflake feelings We are now a bunch of Karen's Where there once were real Marines.

Don't quit your day job. I don't see where not using racial slurs diminishes Jarheads. Once if an NCO club didn't pour out cigarette smoke when you opened the door it was a dull night. Now smoking is widely forbidden. The military has a proud history of leading the way in social justice. It ended segregation long before civilians did.

FYI, I don't think you know what a Karen really is. Racist and obnoxious- sounds more like the rabid right than the Corps... ✌

There were the Marines present that he was training. Some wee shocked. It was on the news tonight that the word was in a rap song that was playing at the time.

Us Infantry, saw dozens of congressional inquirers and IG investigations. None drew more than a letter in the file, few got even that. it took quite a bit of evidence to get a general removed from his command. Never knew of one getting relieved, guess some did, just never heard of it.

Were you privy to the investigation files? Did you sit in when the results were read to the Colonel??? All you can really say is as far as you know (and you weren't there 24/7) is he never scheduled such flights. You really don't know if he took such flights off the book... ✌
Well, considering we were stationed on an island and to go anywhere shopping would require a country or diplomatic clearance that my office would have coordinated, yeah I would have known.

All I’m trying too say is it doesn’t always take guilt of an accusation to get a senior office relieved of command. Sometimes the accusation itself is enough.

From the halls of political correctness
to the shores of West Hollywood
We will fight for social justice
And so gay rights are understood.
We will virtue signal regularly
And to protect snowflake feelings

We are now a bunch of Karen's
Where there once were real Marines.

Real Marines know we all bleed the same color. Spewing racial hatred, besides being idiotic, is from a simple pragmatic point of view disastrous for unit morale and cohesion.

But I get that Trump supporters aren’t smart enough to grasp that.

The continued pussification of our armed forces.

Real Marines know we all bleed the same color. Spewing racial hatred, besides being idiotic, is from a simple pragmatic point of view disastrous for unit morale and cohesion.

But I get that Trump supporters aren’t smart enough to grasp that.

It's probably a good thing you didn't enlist...

Back
Top Bottom