• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Marin County, California Republican Party makes history, endorses gay marriage

Einzige

Elitist as Hell.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
The Christian collectivists will shriek, of course, but this is one of the first genuine examples of a commitment to individualism to emerge from any branch of the Republican Party since before the "Reagan Revolution".

Marin County GOP breaks ranks, backs gay marriage - SFGate

Arguing that the Republican Party should stand for individual freedom and less government, the Marin County GOP has become a national trailblazer - the first Republican county committee in the nation to vote in support of same-sex marriage.

"The government shouldn't be involved in who is married to who - that's an individual issue, and it's about personal freedom," said Kevin Krick, who chairs the Marin Republican Party and is also Bay Area regional vice chairman for the state GOP.

The Christian collectivists will shriek, of course, but this is one of the first genuine examples of a commitment to individualism to emerge from any branch of the Republican Party since before the "Reagan Revolution".

Marin County GOP breaks ranks, backs gay marriage - SFGate

Maybe they are endorsing it so the gays will kill themselves off with HIV.AIDS. Could be a false flag operation--just never know.

BTW to say that this is the first time the GOP has supported individualism since Reagan is kind of laughable.

Maybe they are endorsing it so the gays will kill themselves off with HIV.AIDS. Could be a false flag operation--just never know.

Monogamous relationships drastically decrease the prevalence of AIDS, among hetero-and-homosexuals alike. But you knew that, didn't you?

BTW to say that this is the first time the GOP has supported individualism since Reagan is kind of laughable.

It's... pretty much the case. And I didn't say it was the first time the GOP has supported individualism since Reagan; I said it was the first time they've supported it since before Reagan.

There is nothing individualistic about traditionalism, which the Republican Party has pushed almost to the complete exclusion of individualism since Nixon's Silent Majority. Likewise, individualists tend not to go in for personality cults, which is basically what the Reagan Presidency has completely degenerated into within living memory.

My model for a Republican Presidency is Warren Harding, who was a thoroughgoing individualist, both personally - he drank in the White House during the height of the Prohibition mania - and politically - he was the first President to speak on Southern soil in favor of civil rights. It most certainly is not the duplicitous Reagan.

......... ?

That's it? Laughable? No examples of how laughable? Was the first sentence an example of "individualism"? Come up with that one all by yourself, did ya?

stick to group think....

......... ?

That's it? Laughable? No examples of how laughable? Was the first sentence an example of "individualism"? Come up with that one all by yourself, did ya?

stick to group think....

The conservative "individualists" believe that you can reduce the scope of possible human actions - define their love-lives for them; dictate to them their moral beliefs and encode your own in law - and do nothing more than cut their taxes and still call your system one rooted in human freedom. It is a narrow, narrowing conception of freedom. It is the freedom of the circus funhouse.

The conservative "individualists" believe that you can reduce the scope of possible human actions - define their love-lives for them; dictate to them their moral beliefs and encode your own in law - and do nothing more than cut their taxes and still call your system one rooted in human freedom. It is a narrow, narrowing conception of freedom. It is the freedom of the circus funhouse.

Pay for your own food; pay for your own healthcare; choose to find another job if the current ones does not pay you enough; be punished for the crimes that you commit--you know exercise personal responsibility and accountability instead of making excuses for your own laziness, lack of ambition, short-comings or for those in others. "It's not my fault I am unemployed and living in my mom's basement. Somebody needs to pay me to play X-box for them so I don't have to do it for free like I am now. I am networking with all the other fat asses as we play but none of them can find jobs either. Wah Wah Wah"

Pay for your own food; pay for your own healthcare; choose to find another job if the current ones does not pay you enough; be punished for the crimes that you commit--you know exercise personal responsibility and accountability instead of making excuses for your own laziness, lack of ambition, short-comings or for those in others. "It's not my fault I am unemployed and living in my mom's basement. Somebody needs to pay me to play X-box for them so I don't have to do it for free like I am now. I am networking with all the other fat asses as we play but none of them can find jobs either. Wah Wah Wah"

But the conservative "individualist" constantly dismisses his own personal responsibility. He is, you see, the victim of a liberal "elite". Did he fail out of higher education? It's not because his own understanding is limited, or his ability to learn the material. It's the responsibility of the liberal professors in their "ivory towers". Is he unable to find a woman? It's not because he, personally, is repulsive. It's because women have been trained by their feminist masters to reject him. He is a man of bitterness.

Personal responsibility is existential in nature. It reaches far beyond bourgeois notions of capitalist investment or lower-middle-class resentments against "parasites". Personal responsibility is ultimate, and cannot be escaped. It is the recognition that one is the author of all of one's actions, and has little to no relation to external institutions, whether they be legal or economic in nature.

But the conservative "individualist" constantly dismisses his own personal responsibility. He is, you see, the victim of a liberal "elite". Did he fail out of higher education? It's not because his own understanding is limited, or his ability to learn the material. It's the responsibility of the liberal professors in their "ivory towers". Is he unable to find a woman? It's not because he, personally, is repulsive. It's because women have been trained by their feminist masters to reject him. He is a man of bitterness.

Personal responsibility is existential in nature. It reaches far beyond bourgeois notions of capitalist investment or lower-middle-class resentments against "parasites". Personal responsibility is ultimate, and cannot be escaped. It is the recognition that one is the author of all of one's actions, and has little to no relation to external institutions, whether they be legal or economic in nature.

Yeah conservatives also want you to have the baby you got pregnant with because you were too irresponsible to use birth control instead of killing it and blaming others for not paying you enough to be able to afford to keep it, or providing you free daycare, or all the other excuses the pro-abortion crowd can come up with to rationalize that their "exercising their rights" results in the death of another human being.

Yeah conservatives also want you to have the baby you got pregnant with because you were too irresponsible to use birth control instead of killing it and blaming others for not paying you enough to be able to afford to keep it, or providing you free daycare, or all the other excuses the pro-abortion crowd can come up with to rationalize that their "exercising their rights" results in the death of another human being.

I'm not quite sure where you get this idea that I take "free daycare", or what this tangential rant has to do with personal responsibility. I, myself, personally, am a business owner. And I'm a philosophical individualist.

As for abortion, there's little more responsible than looking one's self square in the face, seeing that one is unfit to be a parent, and acting on the fact. I have little to no use for the effete, weak sentiments of pro-lifer Christians.

Back
Top Bottom