• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Marijuana industry hunts for votes after helping to oust top opponent

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...-for-votes-after-helping-to-oust-top-opponent

The marijuana industry, which is growing quickly in a handful of states where recreational use is legal, is turning its attention to Congress, plotting an aggressive legislative agenda it hopes will advance after years of stagnation.

Supporters of legalization hope the 116th Congress will move a handful of measures aimed at normalizing the marijuana industry. They will have help from several members of Congress — including several top Republicans — who want the federal government to stay out of what they see as a state’s rights issue.
=========================================
In a significant victory, Rep. Steve Sessions (R-TX) was defeated in the last election. Sessions had blocked many pro-pot bills.

If you got 'em, toke 'em.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...-for-votes-after-helping-to-oust-top-opponent

The marijuana industry, which is growing quickly in a handful of states where recreational use is legal, is turning its attention to Congress, plotting an aggressive legislative agenda it hopes will advance after years of stagnation.

Supporters of legalization hope the 116th Congress will move a handful of measures aimed at normalizing the marijuana industry. They will have help from several members of Congress — including several top Republicans — who want the federal government to stay out of what they see as a state’s rights issue.
=========================================
In a significant victory, Rep. Steve Sessions (R-TX) was defeated in the last election. Sessions had blocked many pro-pot bills.

If you got 'em, toke 'em.

Twist one up!

These folks have been at it for 48 years now.......NORML

https://blog.norml.org/

With federal excise tax revenue essentailly flatlining, the addition of a new source of federal excise tax revenue will be welcomed.

Twist one up!

These folks have been at it for 48 years now.......NORML

https://blog.norml.org/

I was always tempted to subscribe to High Times magazine but thought better of it. In today's paranoid U.S., no sense throwing fat on the fire. But I've been to A-dam at least 5 times. It's the oddest feeling to be sitting in a glass store front window enjoying a doobie & realizing at the same time that no one is going to hassle or arrest you. Same thing in Tijuana. Used to plan my work travel to wind up in San Diego on a Friday so I could weekend in Mexico where everything is available via the local cabbies. Most difficult item to source: screens for your pipe or bong.

Last edited:
I was always tempted to subscribe to High Times magazine but thought better of it. In today's paranoid U.S., no sense throwing fat on the fire. But I've been to A-dam at least 5 times. It's the oddest feeling to be sitting in a glass store front window enjoying a doobie & realizing at the same time that no one is going to hassle or arrest you. Same thing in Tijuana. Used to plan my work travel to wind up in San Diego on a Friday so I could weekend in Mexico where everything is available via the local cabbies. Most difficult item to source: screens for your pipe or bong.

We have been to Amsterdam a few times and always part of a cruise. Love to browse the shops, but never had the pluck to buy anything. Berlin has many head shops selling paraphernalia, but not sure the possession or sale is legal.

View attachment 67246328

Back
Top Bottom