• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Marijuana candy sickens 19 at quinceañera

Getting someone inebriated on anything, w/out their prior knowledge and/or consent, is an utter reprehensible act.

You go to a rave and take some Gummies from the candy bowl you gotta assume something is in it.

Cause there always is.

Thats the point.

I am told.

:rock

This wasn't a rave, Einstein.

Ya, I got that, this was 15 year old mexicans and their fuddy duddy parent chaperones I expect.

The candy was a brilliant idea to get the fun in around the parents.

Maybe it was a bad batch, too high THC?

Maybe there was a rat present?

Interesting story.

You go to a rave and take some Gummies from the candy bowl you gotta assume something is in it.

Cause there always is.

Thats the point.

I am told.

:rock

That wasn't a "rave" Einstein, it was a Quinceañera, which is a party celebrating a girls 15th birthday.

Ya, I got that, this was 15 year old mexicans and their fuddy duddy parent chaperones I expect.

The candy was a brilliant idea to get the fun in around the parents.

Maybe it was a bad batch, too high THC?

Interesting story.

Nothing in the link you shared mentioned their nationality.

And a 'brilliant idea' ends up with 19 people getting treatment at a hospital?

Really?

This wasn't a rave, Einstein.

Totally posted the exact same thing right down to the "Einstein" part. Not sure which one of us should be more worried. :lol:

Nothing in the link you shared mentioned their nationality.

And a 'brilliant idea' ends up with 19 people getting treatment at a hospital?

Really?

Taken to the hospital out of an "Abundance of Caution" no doubt, we can safely assume that not a single trip was medically warranted.

Taken to the hospital out of an "Abundance of Caution" no doubt, we can safely assume that not a single trip was medically warranted.

You have a most active imagination.

Never thought you'd be one to engage in magical thinking.

Being drugged against your will is a horrible experience. I'm hoping this was more of a bad joke than a serious statement.

Ya, my point is that I gotta go with the likelihood that everyone who took it was very well aware, that something went wrong with the plan.

I have zero expectation that 15 years olds are going to say this kind of truth around their parents.

Be assured that with Sex and Drugs I require consent.

In Rock and Roll it is optional.

Of Course.

:cowboy:
>
>
>
>
Note: If I took the story the kids are telling seriously you would not have found this topic in the Humor Section.

I might be wrong in the assumption that this was a Party Plan gone wrong.

I sometimes am.

Last edited:
Ya, my point is that I gotta go with the likelihood that everyone who took it was very well aware, that something went wrong with the plan.

I have zero expectation that 15 years olds are going to say this kind of truth around their parents.

Be assured that with Sex and Drugs I require consent.

With Rock and Roll it is optional.

Of Course.

:cowboy:
>
>
>
>
Note: if I took the story the kids are telling seriously you would not have found this topic in the Humor Section.

I might be wrong with the assumption that this was a Party Plan gone wrong.

I sometimes am.

I figured as much, but people who don't use marijuana would generally experience a very different high than an experienced user.

This kind of **** really works against the legalization movement, so it pisses me off. If we expect drugs to be legalized (which i believe is better for society), people need to show a basic ability to manage that responsibility. Planting drugs for unsuspecting people to consume is, at best, a waste of resources.

It's unlikely that they had any permanent physical problem, but the negative psychological experience is every bit as real to them.

Totally posted the exact same thing right down to the "Einstein" part. Not sure which one of us should be more worried. :lol:

I think one of y'all is supposed to say "jinx!" or something.

You have a most active imagination.

Never thought you'd be one to engage in magical thinking.

I fairly recently got done raising three kids, with me doing most of the parenting, plus almost 4 very active years in Army Family Readiness Groups. Plus my wife was a 1SG and she tells stories. And I have always had a dog and I talk to people everywhere when I am out because we always have awesome dogs... everyone wants to meet us. I am am naturally curious. Sometimes I am pretty bright. I can be charming when I want to be.....

I know my way around KidLand reality pretty well.

Last edited:
I figured as much, but people who don't use marijuana would generally experience a very different high than an experienced user.

This kind of **** really works against the legalization movement, so it pisses me off. If we expect drugs to be legalized (which i believe is better for society), people need to show a basic ability to manage that responsibility. Planting drugs for unsuspecting people to consume is, at best, a waste of resources.

It's unlikely that they had any permanent physical problem, but the negative psychological experience is every bit as real to them.

True, but I do note that there have been plenty of instances of people serving unsuspecting persons pot brownies despite illegality, for example, some kid bringing them to school. Or, kids spiking the punch at prom.

It's not really a new thing.

True, but I do note that there have been plenty of instances of people serving unsuspecting persons pot brownies despite illegality, for example, some kid bringing them to school. Or, kids spiking the punch at prom.

It's not really a new thing.

Indeed. In fact I remember two incidents in High School, many decades ago. One involved someone who thought ExLax brownies were a good joke. The other involved rum filled chocolates. Interesting to note, no one blamed alcohol or ExLax for either incident.

Back
Top Bottom