• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Marijuana Balancing Government Budgets?

Try it in Detroit and find out. ;)

Actually, Detroit needs to legalize heroin, since that's a big part of their drug problem. There's no more reason not to legalize heroin than there is marijuana.

...and I'll borrow a Ron Paul quote; If heroin were legalized tomorrow, would you try it?

Actually, Detroit needs to legalize heroin, since that's a big part of their drug problem. There's no more reason not to legalize heroin than there is marijuana.

...and I'll borrow a Ron Paul quote; If heroin were legalized tomorrow, would you try it?

Maybe the better question is; if heroin was legalized tomorrow would you make and sell it? ;)

Maybe the better question is; if heroin was legalized tomorrow would you make and sell it? ;)

Too much competition from the Poppy fields we Americans guard and protect for our Afghani brothers and sisters.. But yes, of course I would.

Now, I'll just remind you that I'm the one who also advocates that all drugs, including booze and pot, be sold in state run stores with no advertising, no glorification, no "Labor Day Sales" and a medical exam and a chance to get help for your addiction.

I'm sure you've tried heroin - that's what pain pills are (except stronger and purer). It's pretty sweet. Did you keep on going or did you recognize that it's also a difficult habit?

Too much competition from the Poppy fields we Americans guard and protect for our Afghani brothers and sisters.. But yes, of course I would.

Now, I'll just remind you that I'm the one who also advocates that all drugs, including booze and pot, be sold in state run stores with no advertising, no glorification, no "Labor Day Sales" and a medical exam and a chance to get help for your addiction.

I'm sure you've tried heroin - that's what pain pills are (except stronger and purer). It's pretty sweet. Did you keep on going or did you recognize that it's also a difficult habit?

Use of "pain pills" is different than abuse of "pain pills". The store selling the product is not the issue that I wished to address, it is the product itself. Why prescribed "pain pill" medication is far different than the (much weaker) OTC versions is the possibiity of death and addiction that are then introduced. Makers of Oxycotin are now insulated from lawsuits because they sell their product only for use when supervised by a doctor, change that fact and they are then wide open for getting sued out of existance. Even "good drugs" that have bad side effects are getting hit by massive class action suits now - can you imagine the lawsuits over "accidental" overdoses.

Use of "pain pills" is different than abuse of "pain pills". The store selling the product is not the issue that I wished to address, it is the product itself. Why prescribed "pain pill" medication is far different than the (much weaker) OTC versions is the possibiity of death and addiction that are then introduced. Makers of Oxycotin are now insulated from lawsuits because they sell their product only for use when supervised by a doctor, change that fact and they are then wide open for getting sued out of existance. Even "good drugs" that have bad side effects are getting hit by massive class action suits now - can you imagine the lawsuits over "accidental" overdoses.

The fact that everything in America turns into a lawsuit is a giant shadow over virtually everything. The possibility of death by automobile is far greater than the possibility of death by drugs. So, we insulate manufacturers (or not).

I'll take a guess© that 90% of Oxy ends up being abused rather than used. It's just as addictive as heroin. So, your Doctor becomes your drug dealer. So, of course, nobody want Specklebang compoeting with them. But in the end, the results remain the same.

So, yes, I would like everything legal and sold in cautious circumstances.

Everything dies eventually.

It won't balance their budgets. Like anything else,they will just use the revenue for more spending,make commitments based on rosy future predictions of revenue,and end up needing to raise more taxes. Perhaps also taxing Funyuns and Cool Ranch Dorito's is an option.

Back
Top Bottom