• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Marijana or Alcohol

What did you prefer: Marijuana or Alcohol

• Marijuana

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 32 44.4%
  • neither

Votes: 16 22.2%

• Total voters

BCR

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Back in your prime, or even now, what did you find yourself enjoying more??

voting is anonymous

I don't drink and I haven't tried pot, so neither.

Don't drink and never have :shrug:

But I do know I would prefer weed any day of the week as the less dangerous option :)

It should be written what do you prefere, to live 20 or 40 years lesser.

It should be written what do you prefere, to live 20 or 40 years lesser.

lol, pot and Alcohol for that matter used in moderation do not shed years of off your life. In fact, daily usage of Marijuana (as long as not smoked) does not affect your life expectancy.

I'll take alcohol over marajuana because with alcohol I don't have to worry about my weed having LSD or PCP sprinkled on it. It's never really just weed in the bag anymore.

Last edited:
I'll take alcohol over marajuana because with alcohol I don't have to worry about my weed having LSD or PCP sprinkled on it. It's never really just weed in the bag anymore.

What a load of crap. Why would someone undercut their profits or waste their PCP to give some anonymous user further down the line some random unexpected surprise.

What a load of crap. Why would someone undercut their profits or waste their PCP to give some anonymous user further down the line some random unexpected surprise.

I know someone who that happened to. His weed was laced and he almost died.

I prefer alcohol. Never was a big fan of marijuana. Just didn't do it for me.

I know someone who that happened to. His weed was laced and he almost died.

I prefer alcohol. Never was a big fan of marijuana. Just didn't do it for me.

If someone laced their pot with PCP and was selling it they would say so and charge more.. now I am not saying it never happens, but this is extremely rare and negligible, and virtually non existent without foreknowledege (virtually), This is not common place as it was made out to be.

The few isolated occurrences where it does happen, and the possibility that it can happen is yet another reason why the black market should not be in control of distribution.

edit: although I use neither anymore, I choose the one that does not make me blackout, lose control and or do things I normally would not such as get into a fight with a friend, or wakeup hungover next to some random person wondering WTF! I pick the one where if i were to overindulge about the worst that would happen would be that I would find myself glued to a couch.

Last edited:
Reactions: BCR

It happened to me in college and I almost died. I ve never touched that **** again. Dude it happens MANY times.

I've never tried pot. I drink in moderation, and enjoy it, so alcohol definitely wins for me.

It happened to me in college and I almost died. I ve never touched that **** again. Dude it happens MANY times.

I smoked laced weed without my knowledge at a Dead show, the girls I was with went to the bathroom and never came back.. I was way ****ed up.. I find out the next day the girls went to the hospital and they got drug tested positive for PCP and heroin; the guys behind us who passed their joint to us were smoking laced ****.. this still does not mean that "It's never really just weed in the bag anymore." These are all isolated events, and the load of crap is the sheer hyperbolic exaggeration of his statement.

Last edited:
Back in your prime, or even now, what did you find yourself enjoying more??

Alcohol.

Went through a stint with pot, but a short stint it was. Mostly did it when I was a junior/senior in high school. Tried it again around age 22 on a float trip and gotta say... I didn't care for it at all. Didn't like not feeling 'in control'. At least with alcohol I know my specific limits AND as of this writing, booze is legal whereas pot is not.

I'll have a drink occasionally. Never been drunk. Never smoked MJ or any other drug. Lost some small change on a medical marijuana company penny stock one time. Personally, I want to be mentally present when I enjoy life, and I don't want to be out of control of my body.

I never got into pot. Way too lame of a drug. I can enjoy my time with others when I am drunk. Not so with pot.

^ That's scary.

That's hysterical. He's, like, straight out of Reefer Madness...

Weed these days, children, is laced with lethal chemicals. All of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BCR
Alcohol! When I was much younger I would drink copious amounts of beer. Now only occasionally, but I like a glass of Merlot with dinner.

I tried MJ less than 6 times.

^ That's scary.

That's hysterical. He's, like, straight out of Reefer Madness...

Weed these days, children, is laced with lethal chemicals. All of it.

Maybe not always but it does happen more than you would think.

I'm still trying to remember that time so long ago when I might have possibly been in something I might call my prime.

Best single high I ever had, though, was a mixture of psilocybin, ritalin and scotch.

Today, I mostly just drink beer, though.

I don't really drink but I like the odd beer here and there, or a glass of wine with dinner. I smoke pot rarely, and it's usually when I'm camping or in the outdoors. I find that it is very mentally stimulating. I never really saw the relaxation aspect in it. It may numb your body but it makes my mind race a mile a minute and I can't stop having deep, intense thoughts about things.

I'm not particularly attracted to either for the most part and I never have any around. It's usually if someone else has a joint that I decide if I want to partake. Alcohol... I literally feel poisoned when I drink it, most of the time.

It's ridiculous to actually buy into the "Weed gets laced all the time" crap. From personal experience I've never had to worry about it or even met someone who even knew someone who had their **** laced. It's extremely uncommon, a drug dealer isn't going to waste extremely expensive drugs on a little dope..it's just not rational. It seems that Alcohol has now been brainwashed into us and that Marijuana is a dangerous substance. Fact is, it's a damn plant that grows in the ground like every other plant, it is virtually harmless and much safer than Alcohol and Tobacco. Why choose the drug that you can overdose on,gives you liver cancer, and inhibits you to think rationally. Nobody has ever died from Marijuana, it's just foolish to be against legalization and foolish to actually think Alcohol is safer.

I haven't tried neither, but pot isn't as damaging to your body, so I think I would try that first if I was.

Back
Top Bottom