• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Marijana or Alcohol

What did you prefer: Marijuana or Alcohol

• Marijuana

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 32 44.4%
  • neither

Votes: 16 22.2%

• Total voters
It's ridiculous to actually buy into the "Weed gets laced all the time" crap. From personal experience I've never had to worry about it or even met someone who even knew someone who had their **** laced. It's extremely uncommon, a drug dealer isn't going to waste extremely expensive drugs on a little dope..it's just not rational. It seems that Alcohol has now been brainwashed into us and that Marijuana is a dangerous substance. Fact is, it's a damn plant that grows in the ground like every other plant, it is virtually harmless and much safer than Alcohol and Tobacco. Why choose the drug that you can overdose on,gives you liver cancer, and inhibits you to think rationally. Nobody has ever died from Marijuana, it's just foolish to be against legalization and foolish to actually think Alcohol is safer.

I have seen many people die from too much alcohol in life. I never saw anybody die from weed. It has many medical benefits. I wish it were legal in Florida.

Assuming it were legal...

If my kids came to me and asked which they should use, my first response would be "Neither. Lets talk about why you feel compelled to use in the first place." As an adult I dont think condoning either is responsible. However...my preference for occasional/casual use would be pot...without question.

Oh! Zombie thread.

Neither.

In the past, in a timespan of maybe 2 or 3 years, I would often smoke pot/marihuana. The last few experiences were not pleasant. I didn't do it again ever since, several years ago.

Later, I had times I would often consume alcohol, maybe a bit too often to call it "moderate". At some point, I decided the bad side effects are not really worth the nice buzz, and started caring about my health, so I stopped with alcohol too.

If I have to choose, I'd say both drugs have their pros and cons. Depends on setting and situation.

Last edited:
Back in your prime, or even now, what did you find yourself enjoying more??

As young man, did both. As an older adult, don't really do either. No preference.

Which is the one that makes you eat another dude's face? I need me some of that. I think its called bath salts or something.

Where is the option to vote for "BOTH" .... ? :mrgreen:

Which is the one that makes you eat another dude's face? I need me some of that. I think its called bath salts or something.

All bath salts are is meth with a different chemical make up. Our drug laws are retarded.

Back in the day...it was Marijuana by far mostly because of the no hangover effect. I enjoyed it and would probably enjoy it to this day if it were legal. However, those days are over and now I enjoy a beer every now and then.

I'll take alcohol over marajuana because with alcohol I don't have to worry about my weed having LSD or PCP sprinkled on it. It's never really just weed in the bag anymore.

It happened to me in college and I almost died. I ve never touched that **** again. Dude it happens MANY times.

Maybe it happened maybe not, I don't know but if we are arguing pot vs alcohol (and this thread is) a person that wants to **** you over can spike your drink also. I suspect spiked drinks (ruffies etc.) happens far more often than spiked weed.

Maybe it happened maybe not, I don't know but if we are arguing pot vs alcohol (and this thread is) a person that wants to **** you over can spike your drink also. I suspect spiked drinks (ruffies etc.) happens far more often than spiked weed.

I never once had spiked weed. Then again, I never had a roofie coolada either. My experience is that Weed provides the better feeling. Alcohol will get you in fights...weed will prevent you from fighting. Alcohol will cause you to cuss out a loved one....weed will cause you to eat all the food in their pantry.

Marijuana should be as legal as alcohol and cigarettes. Same restrictions with regards to age and driving, but that is about it.

I never once had spiked weed. Then again, I never had a roofie coolada either. My experience is that Weed provides the better feeling. Alcohol will get you in fights...weed will prevent you from fighting. Alcohol will cause you to cuss out a loved one....weed will cause you to eat all the food in their pantry.

Marijuana should be as legal as alcohol and cigarettes. Same restrictions with regards to age and driving, but that is about it.
You never had a joint with a few drops of hash oil added for good measure? That's too bad. Of course, weed today is a lot more potent than it was then, so maybe it wouldn't make a lot of difference.

I know someone who that happened to. His weed was laced and he almost died.

I prefer alcohol. Never was a big fan of marijuana. Just didn't do it for me.

For every person who "almost died" from laced marijuana (which is about as common as razor blades in Halloween apples) I'll give you fifteen people who actually DID die from alcohol.

Back
Top Bottom