• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Maricopa County judge finds GOP Senate subpoenas of election materials are 'legal and enforceable'

Just out of curiosity, can anybody point me to an example of an investigation's conclusions a republican ever gave a shit about? They sure them an investigation, but get amnesia the instant it wraps up with nothing to show for it. If I recall correctly, the only investigation in my lifetime that got republicans all hot and bothered where something actually happened as a result, a low level FBI lawyer that nobody knows the name of was busted for doctoring an email. That's after 25 years of back to back investigations.

And if you tell them that no fewer than 5 Republican-led investigations cleared Hillary Clinton, they suddenly redefine "clear" to mean, "Searching all of time, space and all the infinite parallel dimensions to find no evidence of wrongdoing."

It's the classic dilemma of investigating to discover cause, and investigating to find the desired answers of said cause.
:)

There is no contradiction in my post. Fraud occurs in our elections regardless of party. If it did not, there would be no need for election laws or people in prison serving time for committing election fraud. When there is evidence the election was conducted violating state election laws, state legislators and their constituents have every right to challenge the results.

There is absolutely contradiction in your post.

you assert fraud and then rely on fraudulently elected Republicans in state houses to fix it. They were elected fraudulently! They should be tossed out of office, imo. It was a fraudulent election.

really? I think it’s funny. Been watching CPAC speeches all night and laughing like a baby.
Isn't it funny that the CPAC stage looks like a nazi symbol *of course unintential*

How many recounts, audits does the AZ Republican Party want done?
Why limit the audit to just the Presidential election. A few Republicans won by a small margin. If you are going to question the results lets look at all of it.
Kelli Ward rejected any look into Republican wins.

Auditing Elections Equipment In Maricopa County | Maricopa County, AZ

Let's spend more taxpayers money on useless audits wanted by a small fraction of the Republican Party. If they proceed, lets see how open they are and who they choose to do the audit.

The only two accredited election auditors have already conducted two separate audits and found nothing.

While the legal battle ensued, the Board of Supervisors conducted its own audits of the election machines. Maricopa County’s ballot tabulation machines are provided by Dominion Voting Systems, the nation’s second largest provider of such equipment, which has been the subject of many conspiracy theories and false allegations since Trump lost the election.

The audits gave the machines and their software a clean bill of health, finding that they weren’t connected to the internet during the election, weren’t hacked or infected with any malicious software, and hadn’t switched any votes during the counting of ballots. The audits were conducted by SLI Compliance and Pro V&V Laboratories, the only two companies accredited by the U.S. Election Assistance Commission to certify and examine tabulation machines.

So who is the AZ Senate going to use to conduct their audit? Why, a conspiracy theorist, of course....

Fann has taken issue with the two companies because they had previously certified Dominion’s machines and software. She had looked to hire Allied Systems Operations Group, a Texas company whose employees had served as witnesses for the Trump campaign during various legislative hearings about the election and have a well-documented history of spreading false claims about election fraud in Arizona and other swing states that voted for Biden.

Last edited:
Maricopa County already had two audits done on the voting machines, and the audits didn't find any evidence of the machines having been rigged.
Those were not forensic audits of the machines. If they were, then they could produce, for example, the adjudication percentage and also provide adjudication logs.

You cannot report on something you didn't look for. Pro V&V and SLI Compliance 'audit' was a joke.

Those were not forensic audits of the machines. If they were, then they could produce, for example, the adjudication percentage and also provide adjudication logs.

You cannot report on something you didn't look for. Pro V&V and SLI Compliance 'audit' was a joke.

Who should audit Maricopa County's results?

Who should audit Maricopa County's results?
ASOG - or do a mixed team of their folks and the folks from the Kill Chain documentary. That documentary was done before the election by Dem supporters.

Either way, the data should be made available for all to see so we are not relying on politicians words who may be trying to do CYA.

ASOG - or do a mixed team of their folks and the folks from the Kill Chain documentary. That documentary was done before the election by Dem supporters.

Either way, the data should be made available for all to see so we are not relying on politicians words who may be trying to do CYA.

LMAO.... On what basis do you conclude ASOG has any expertise in auditing an election? Their Antrim Report? LMAO.... They didn't even know what software was installed in Antrim County...

Some 2020 election news out of Arizona. A Judge has ruled that the Az senate subpoenas can issue legislative subpoenas.
They want information on mail-in ballots counted and a full forensic audit of voting machines and software.
The forensic audit should provide the necessary information to show any problems with the technology.

Maricopa County judge finds GOP Senate subpoenas of election materials are 'legal and enforceable'

The Superior Court of Maricopa County, Arizona, found that the state's Senate Republicans' subpoenas of election materials and equipment are "legal and enforceable."
"The Court finds that Subpoenas are legal and enforceable. There is no question that the Senators have the power to issue legislative subpoenas," Judge Timothy Thomason said Friday in a readout following a Thursday hearing on the issue.
"The Subpoenas comply with the statutory requirements for legislative subpoenas. The Senate also has broad constitutional power to oversee elections," the court's conclusion added.

The GOP-backed county board requested Thomason to nullify the subpoena issued by the Senate. They argued that the ballots are sealed under laws the Legislature passed and the Senate does not have a right to access them, claiming it would be illegal.
"The Arizona legislature clearly has the power to investigate and examine election reform matters. Accordingly, the Senators have the power to subpoena material as part of an inquiry into election reform measures," the judge said in his review.

The Senate's subpoenas did not violate the separation of powers principle, and subpoenaed materials would not violate confidentiality laws, Thomason added.
Let then waste their time. I don’t know what they are going to find that previous investigations didn’t find but I’d rather they waste their time than do real harm.

It is not like they can retroactively assign their electoral votes to Trump.

Have you read the reports? Yes or no. What specifically supports your reason to have another audit done?
Interesting that 4 of the 5 Maricopa County Supervisors are Republican. They agree with the audit results.

As a Arizona tax payer I would support the idea that the Republican Party pay for another audit. Let the FEC pic the firm.

Why were they a joke?

LMAO.... On what basis do you conclude ASOG has any expertise in auditing an election? Their Antrim Report? LMAO.... They didn't even know what software was installed in Antrim County...
Not sure what you are basing that dismissive comment on, but good luck trying to destroy the credibility of the likes of Col. Waldron.

But because it will be painted as a partisan endeavor and people will fall for it, that is why I said to add people form the Kill Chain (there is that Finnish guy, can't recall his name off hand).

At the end of the day, what an audit should provide are facts and data. Conclusions can be drawn from that. Any missteps they make in their audit can be debated. You know, public discourse? Like we used to pride ourselves on having in this country.

I get the impression you have not read the audit report and are going on talking points. Did you read the report? Yes or No.

Seems to me they looked at the equipment for changes, virus, worms, etc.

Have you read the reports? Yes or no. What specifically supports your reason to have another audit done?
Interesting that 4 of the 5 Maricopa County Supervisors are Republican. They agree with the audit results.

As a Arizona tax payer I would support the idea that the Republican Party pay for another audit. Let the FEC pic the firm.
You continue to see this as GOP vs Dem. It is establishment vs the rest of us. The likes of McConnell and Romney are just as corrupt as Schumer and Pelosi. They are all long time pols who have done very well from their 'public service'.

To be fair. I had not read the audits but went based on voices I tend to trust that are on top of it. But given your comment, I did read through the summary and the Pro V&V audit report (which was more extensive than SLI).

Both companies tested three areas - software revs were EAC compliant (which doesn't really mean anything), no malicious software found (again, not a concern going into the audit), no internet connection (I think this is debatable but I will accept their findings for now and it does not mean fraud did not occur). Pro V&V also did an 'accuracy test' that SLI did not. This is where more meat should have been sought. Here is their audit report:

I asked above, what were the adjudication rates? Pro V&V did not provide this because they apparently did not audit the actual adjudication logs on the devices but simply ran a scan test based on a known 'card deck'. They did not review or scan any of the actual ballots.

Affidavits from witnesses claim 12% adjudication rates - this is far higher than the standard of less than 1% and if true, speaks to a severe flaw in these machines.

These audits are PR so the BoS can say 'see, we did an audit'. So thanks for pushing me to actually review the audit. It only reinforces my belief there was widespread fraud in this election.

Why were they a joke?
Two companies were selected to do an audit. Both companies tested three areas - software revs were EAC compliant (which doesn't really mean anything), no malicious software found (again, not a concern going into the audit), no internet connection (I think this is debatable but I will accept their findings for now and it does not mean fraud did not occur). Pro V&V also did an 'accuracy test' that SLI did not. This is where more meat should have been sought. Here is their audit report:

https://www.maricopa.gov/DocumentCenter/View/66844/Post-Audit-Report

I asked above, what were the adjudication rates? Pro V&V did not provide this because they apparently did not audit the actual adjudication logs on the devices but simply ran a scan test based on a known 'card deck'. They did not review or scan any of the actual ballots.

Affidavits from witnesses claim 12% adjudication rates - this is far higher than the standard of less than 1% and if true, speaks to a severe flaw in these machines. A real forensic audit would have addressed this. We know from Antrim County there was 68% adjudication rate - which makes one wonder what the purpose of even having the machines was? Further, in Antrim County, the forensic audit showed the adjudication log was deleted on 11/4, yet the same log was still there from a 2018 election. Now why would anyone delete a log file the night after a Presidential election? That sounds criminal. The Antrim County info was known well before these two firms were tapped to do an 'audit' yet they don't even bother looking at the adjudication logs? That alone shows this 'audit' was a joke.

You continue to see this as GOP vs Dem. It is establishment vs the rest of us. The likes of McConnell and Romney are just as corrupt as Schumer and Pelosi. They are all long time pols who have done very well from their 'public service'.

To be fair. I had not read the audits but went based on voices I tend to trust that are on top of it. But given your comment, I did read through the summary and the Pro V&V audit report (which was more extensive than SLI).

Both companies tested three areas - software revs were EAC compliant (which doesn't really mean anything), no malicious software found (again, not a concern going into the audit), no internet connection (I think this is debatable but I will accept their findings for now and it does not mean fraud did not occur). Pro V&V also did an 'accuracy test' that SLI did not. This is where more meat should have been sought. Here is their audit report:

Affidavits from witnesses claim 12% adjudication rates - this is far higher than the standard of less than 1% and if true, speaks to a severe flaw in these machines.

These audits are PR so the BoS can say 'see, we did an audit'. So thanks for pushing me to actually review the audit. It only reinforces my belief there was widespread fraud in this election.
- I am not making it a GOP vs Dems. In Arizona the State Government is majority Republican.
- Maricopa County Board of Supervisors is made up of 4 Republicans and 1 Democrat
- I figured as much you have not read the audit by your posts.
- Other audits have been conducted prior to the lasts one. Hand counted ballots of the original ballots were checked against the machines. The results were the same.

- The more I read about audits conducted the more I belief the election was fair. If the Arizona election was not fair, then there is a great number of Republicans who would have to be in on it. The GOP controls the State.

Let's look at all States. How about the ones Trump one. Should a forensic audit be done for all States? If you are suspect on the States like Arizona, lets take a look at States Trump won. Heck lets look at all the results. There were a few close Congressional races in Arizona in which the GOP candidate won. There were a few races where the GOP won by a super majority. There were some races were a Democrat won. Should a person not accept the results because their candidate did not win.
Trump has been claiming voter fraud and rigged elections for years. imo, he yells "wolf" one to many times.

Last edited:

It's so sad what the modern conservative has devolved to. Living in a completely alternate reality.

"I didn't read the report but here's what I know about it" lmao

Not sure what you are basing that dismissive comment on, but good luck trying to destroy the credibility of the likes of Col. Waldron.

But because it will be painted as a partisan endeavor and people will fall for it, that is why I said to add people form the Kill Chain (there is that Finnish guy, can't recall his name off hand).

At the end of the day, what an audit should provide are facts and data. Conclusions can be drawn from that. Any missteps they make in their audit can be debated. You know, public discourse? Like we used to pride ourselves on having in this country.

Can you cite all the elections Col. Waldron has audited?

Two companies were selected to do an audit. Both companies tested three areas - software revs were EAC compliant (which doesn't really mean anything), no malicious software found (again, not a concern going into the audit), no internet connection (I think this is debatable but I will accept their findings for now and it does not mean fraud did not occur). Pro V&V also did an 'accuracy test' that SLI did not. This is where more meat should have been sought. Here is their audit report:

https://www.maricopa.gov/DocumentCenter/View/66844/Post-Audit-Report

Affidavits from witnesses claim 12% adjudication rates - this is far higher than the standard of less than 1% and if true, speaks to a severe flaw in these machines. A real forensic audit would have addressed this. We know from Antrim County there was 68% adjudication rate - which makes one wonder what the purpose of even having the machines was? Further, in Antrim County, the forensic audit showed the adjudication log was deleted on 11/4, yet the same log was still there from a 2018 election. Now why would anyone delete a log file the night after a Presidential election? That sounds criminal. The Antrim County info was known well before these two firms were tapped to do an 'audit' yet they don't even bother looking at the adjudication logs? That alone shows this 'audit' was a joke.

This is the level of stupidity we are dealing with... Antrim County doesn't even USE OR LICENSE Dominion's adjudication software so why the hell would there be logs? This is basic crap I would FIRE someone in my tech world for missing and it's in the report they submitted to the court. And you think they are a reliable auditor?

Anus P. McPuckerface lost.

This is the level of stupidity we are dealing with... Antrim County doesn't even USE OR LICENSE Dominion's adjudication software so why the hell would there be logs? This is basic crap I would FIRE someone in my tech world for missing and it's in the report they submitted to the court. And you think they are a reliable auditor?
Why are there logs for 2018 election and not 2020 on the same machine? Why is there evidence the adjudication log was deleted on 11/4 at 11pm?

How they actually adjudicate (by hand or with some other software module) has no bearing on the ballots not being readable when being scanned.

Back
Top Bottom