• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Maria Butina’s ‘Red Sparrow’ Makeover Revealed on Russian TV

You have marginalized yourself in this thread, you aren't worthy of any actual debate as your posts are just trolling at this point.

LOL Hardly. This is a discussion site. I asked a question. Rather than answer, you and everyone else simply attacked the questioner. I know what she pled guilty to. I was trying to probe a little deeper into why this is a big deal? What was she trying to accomplish? What did she accomplish? What does it matter? Its not like she has been charged with espionage.
From BBC:
"Under her plea deal on Thursday, Maria Butina admitted to one charge of conspiracy. She is likely to face up to six months in jail, although she has already served five."
Wow, six months in jail for all her heinous crimes. Which leads to my question: what is it this woman has done that anyone should care or worry about?

You have marginalized yourself in this thread, you aren't worthy of any actual debate as your posts are just trolling at this point.
leaves nothing more to add, so let's just all of us ignore him.

My niece is getting married tomorrow to the son of Prince's guitarist. Should be a wild bash, 7 kids in my family, 11 nieces and nephews and all that. I need some calm before the storm hits!
Big family! That's funny, we were talking about Prince this weekend, my in-laws are from MN and use to see him at Erotic City periodically back in they day. Just recently the co-sister-in-law had to inspect a building to be demo'd, and there was a special room with a gold toilet installed there just for Prince, apparently.
Hope it's a blast.

I'm sure Maria (Mariya) has told investigators some very interesting things about the GOP and the NRA. No doubt she'll be exchanged as was Russian spy Anna (Anya) Chapman.

A good find. I tried to translate some of the top comments on the youtube. Looked like people had no sympathy for the dad, basically saying everyone (in Russia?) has it really tough, so sell some of those furniture stores and suck it up.

Yes, Butina was obviously groomed for the role, yet more evidence in the public to give us a little insight into this ongoing criminal investigation into Russia's relationship with the NRA.
I recall that it was leaked accidentally by DOJ that she was in a cooperation agreement, not just a plea deal. This was big news at the time. Obviously a cooperation and/or plea agreement (especially cooperation), have lately been resuling in dramatically reduced charges and charge count.

Reminds me of the nutters responding to Flynn's cooperation agreement...OMG Flynn lied once to FBI agents, big deal!! Yeah, no, it was was more than once, and it was more crimes than just that. He cooperated, so they let him off easy. But that's all public knowledge, so anyone acting like they don't know, is a full of **** troll at this point. Or so stupid they can't be reasoned with anyway...take your pick.

A good find. I tried to translate some of the top comments on the youtube. Looked like people had no sympathy for the dad, basically saying everyone (in Russia?) has it really tough, so sell some of those furniture stores and suck it up. Yes, Butina was obviously groomed for the role, yet more evidence in the public to give us a little insight into this ongoing criminal investigation into Russia's relationship with the NRA.

Below is a picture of Maria Butina speaking on a stage in Sevastopol, Crimea in early 2014 (before the Russian invasion). Here she is agitating against the Ukraine government. Prior to the invasion here (and eastern Ukraine also), the Kremlin sent in intelligence operatives to politically agitate the people, and also undercover GRU officers to set the table for the invasions. At that time, the Russia/Ukraine border was open and the Russian agents arrived in tour buses in civilian clothes. Just like Butina below. This demonstrates that Mariya Butina didn't just accidentally stumble into the world of spycraft on her arrival in the United States in 2016. She had been a Kremlin operative for some time already.

DirbrB0U0AAmX-n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom