• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Margaret Sanger - founder of planned parenthood.

afr0byte said:
So? Point?
Oh..sorry...thought that kind of spoke for itself...
Anyways....if 63% of abortions performed are on white women, how does that jibe with James' claims? Now, I realize it also says that black women are 3 times more likely to seek abortion and hispanic women 2.5 more times, but if the remaining 37% are these races, it is still not supportive of his remarks.
Even if we evenly divide the remaining amount, that'd make 18.5% abortions performed on black women and 18.5% on hispanics, no? (My math ability really sucks, so correct that if it's wrong)

afr0byte said:
Can you prove they were suckered in by her rhetoric? And, specifically hers, not the arguments provided to them by other people for different reasons.

A woman's physical satisfaction was more important than any marriage vow, Sanger believed. Birth Control in America, p. 11

jamesrage said:
A woman's physical satisfaction was more important than any marriage vow, Sanger believed. Birth Control in America, p. 11

That's nice. Can you get back to providing me with a link?

ngdawg said:
Oh..sorry...thought that kind of spoke for itself...
Anyways....if 63% of abortions performed are on white women, how does that jibe with James' claims? Now, I realize it also says that black women are 3 times more likely to seek abortion and hispanic women 2.5 more times, but if the remaining 37% are these races, it is still not supportive of his remarks.
Even if we evenly divide the remaining amount, that'd make 18.5% abortions performed on black women and 18.5% on hispanics, no? (My math ability really sucks, so correct that if it's wrong)

Doesn't this seem to be seriously dispraportionate.

http://www.nrlc.org/news_and_Views/October05/nv101905part2.html
yet in 2002 accounted for almost exactly 1/3rd of the 1,293,000 abortions (32%) in the United States, according to AGI figures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American

African Americans live in the United States, comprising 12.9 percent of the total population

A mutual and satisfied sexual act is of great benefit to the average woman, the magnetism of it is health giving. When it is not desired on the part of the woman and she gives no response, it should not take place. The submission of her body without love or desire is degrading to the woman's finer sensibility, all the marriage certificates on earth to the contrary notwithstanding.
http://womenshistory.about.com/od/quotes/a/margaret_sanger.htm

afr0byte said:
That's nice. Can you get back to providing me with a link?
If nazis/kkk were going around giving free birth controll and abortions to jews,blacks and anyone who did not meet their defintion of a master or thoroughbred race,would you question their motive for doing this or would you "ah they are not that bad,they are not like their founder"?

jamesrage said:
If nazis/kkk were going around giving free birth controll and abortions to jews,blacks and anyone who did not meet their defintion of a master or thoroughbred race,would you question their motive for doing this or would you "ah they are not that bad,they are not like their founder"?

Mmm, red herring.

These, too, may be of some interest. Quotes and statements attributed to Sanger that were not hers in reality:
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/pp...sanger.xml#1132244731757::-504136627759831280
What's interesting, I have found, after reading several sites claiming her racist views of eliminating the black race was, not once in any of the sites, even those maligning her, use anything remotely racial in quoting or citing her. She talks about eliminating the feeble, the inheritancy of poverty and crime and while some is far-fetched in its agenda, I should think that at least one of the anti-Sanger sites would have found something from her specifically about race. However, her views about the roles and future steps of women's issues is pretty damn good.
But it's late and reading 6 or 7 sites, all basically saying the same things, wore my eyes out.....

ngdawg said:
A mutual and satisfied sexual act is of great benefit to the average woman, the magnetism of it is health giving. When it is not desired on the part of the woman and she gives no response, it should not take place. The submission of her body without love or desire is degrading to the woman's finer sensibility, all the marriage certificates on earth to the contrary notwithstanding.
http://womenshistory.about.com/od/quotes/a/margaret_sanger.htm

This is comming from a woman who favored eugenics.THe KKK or the Nazis might as well be offering free abortions and birth control to minorieties.There is motive behind what she says and how it relates to her goals are on eugenics.The rhetoric she uses is to entice people to control their numbers themsleves.This is a America it is illegal to forcibly steralize a innocent person,if you want to control the population numbers of a particular group or to weed out certian people form contributing to the genitic pool you have to trick them with rhetoric to do so.

jamesrage said:

That's just dumb...they certainly didn't say, 'you're white, young and middle-class, so no birth control for you' when I went there....and you are making the assumptions that the sites I went to make, that the word 'thoroughbred' means white. I'd prefer you find that connection. Otherwise, still blowing smoke.....

afr0byte said:
Mmm, red herring.

A eugenics group offering free or discount abortions to the poor and minorieties.The founder of planned parenthood is racist,PLanned parenthood is racist in origin.How is that a red herring?

Would you be having questions about a group like the Nazis or the KKK offering free birth controll and abortions to minorieties and certian people who they viewed as undesirables?If a year from now they renouced their racist origins and open up abortion clinics and free birth controll stations in minoriety communities would be sitting there saying "oh but they said they are not racist anymore so it is okay"?

jamesrage said:
A eugenics group offering free or discount abortions to the poor and minorieties.The founder of planned parenthood is racist,PLanned parenthood is racist in origin.How is that a red herring?

Would you be having questions about a group like the Nazis or the KKK offering free birth controll and abortions to minorieties and certian people who they viewed as undesirables?If a year from now they renouced their racist origins and open up abortion clinics and free birth controll stations in minoriety communities would be sitting there saying "oh but they said they are not racist anymore so it is okay"?

Um, I highly doubt that Planned Parenthood only gives services away free solely to minorities.

ngdawg said:
That's just dumb...they certainly didn't say, 'you're white, young and middle-class, so no birth control for you' when

Wars require sacrifice.According to women's issues.com and those other sites black women were "3 times more likely to seek abortion " it seems like a quick way.If black have a 1/3 of the abortions in 2002 and the black population of the United states 12.9% it seems that Margaret Sanger would be proud.

I went there....and you are making the assumptions that the sites I went to make, that the word 'thoroughbred' means white. I'd prefer you find that connection. Otherwise, still blowing smoke.....

What do you think thoroughbred ment to racist in the early first half of the 1900s when relating to humans?

afr0byte said:
Um, I highly doubt that Planned Parenthood only gives services away free solely to minorities.

They proably give those things away to the poor and other people they view as undesirables too.

jamesrage said:
They proably give those things away to the poor and other people they view as undesirables too.

Anyways, still waiting for a link. This is all hypothetical and largely rediculous crap.

jamesrage said:
We have a abortion forum section so why not have a thread on planned parenthood's founder.

Here is some interesting words of the founder of one the country's leading abortion group.

On blacks, immigrants and indigents: "...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people

On sterilization & racial purification: Sanger believed that, for the purpose of racial "purification," couples should be rewarded who chose sterilization. Birth Control in America, The Career of Margaret Sanger, by David Kennedy, p. 117, quoting a 1923 Sanger speech.

On the right of married couples to bear children: Couples should be required to submit applications to have a child, she wrote in her "Plan for Peace." Birth Control Review, April 1932

On the purpose of birth control: The purpose in promoting birth control was "to create a race of thoroughbreds," she wrote in the Birth Control Review, Nov. 1921 (p. 2)

On the rights of the handicapped and mentally ill, and racial minorities: "More children from the fit, less from the unfit -- that is the chief aim of birth control." Birth Control Review, May 1919, p. 12

Fortunately, she's dead now. Less fortunately, he same can't be said for some.

Have you got issue with Sanger herself? Go right ahead, although a personal gripe against one women has about as much to do with the Abortion forum as my distaste for Josef Stalin. Methinks, however, it's more to do with what she advocated in regards to Family Planning. So, is it just a problem with abortion - or contraception, as well? :roll:

Aslo, people should have a license or something to have children. It might prevent children from being beaten by their dad, or ignored by their trailer trash mother and allowed to roam the streets at 2 am.

vergiss said:

Yes we know you want to kill yourself,so shut the **** up or at least have the guts to go through it.
Have you got issue with Sanger herself? Go right ahead, although a personal gripe against one women has about as much to do with the Abortion forum as my distaste for Josef Stalin. Methinks, however, it's more to do with what she advocated in regards to Family Planning. So, is it just a problem with abortion - or contraception, as well? :roll:

I got a problem with rat nazis who murder children under the guise of "choice" and "medical help".

Aslo, people should have a license or something to have children. It might prevent children from being beaten by their dad, or ignored by their trailer trash mother and allowed to roam the streets at 2 am.

Had a tough childhood?Having flashbacks of what happened to you when you was a kid?

afr0byte said:
Anyways, still waiting for a link. This is all hypothetical and largely rediculous crap.

Rediculous crap?Black women have been suckered by all this feminazi crap that murdering their unborn child is okay and that sex should be seen as something similar to a handshake.

IF nazis,kkk or any other racist group renounced their racist ways and tommorow started giving free birth control and abortions I am sure you would not be sitting there thinking "oh but they changed,look how they help the poor and minoirieties with free birth control and abortions".

vergiss said:

^^^ Sooooo true. You need a license to fish, a license to get married, a license to have a garage sale but almost any woman can get pregnant by showing up.:roll: I have seen mothers yelling at their kids with the most hurtful words as the kid cry, I've seen kids run wild in public places with no one near them. I even saw a toddler, in nothing but a diaper, being 'dragged' by the hand by two burly unsavories, barefoot on pavement in 85 degree weather....they emerged from a beat-up and filled to the roof old Dodge towing an equally beat-up camper....while I had to undergo 10 years of fertility treatments. Sanger might have been an elitist (some of the sites I visited said she only embraced eugenics a while), but her ideas about women's rights and issues offsets any of the more outlandish idealogies; and, let's not forget the time period here either. We're not talking 1980, after all....

jamesrage said:
Yes we know you want to kill yourself,so shut the **** up or at least have the guts to go through it.

What the hell? No I don't.

jamesrage said:
I got a problem with rat nazis who murder children under the guise of "choice" and "medical help".

Good for you. Could you make an effort to answer my question, now?

jamesrage said:
Had a tough childhood?Having flashbacks of what happened to you when you was a kid?

How does a valid and actually compassionate opinion have anything to do with my childhood? My mother is the kindest and most self-sacrificing parent I could hope for.

jamesrage said:

"Free" medical services aren't needed in a suburbia of McMansions. Planned Parenthood is not the only organization that offers 'free' services in poorer neighborhoods. And Planned parenthood is not a 'eugenics' group.
Hate to break this to ya, Jamesrage, but we're not even in the same century.
So, unless you're still riding through town in a horse-drawn wagon and getting your water from a hand-pump in your lower 40, what transpired across the country in 1920 and before hardly holds now-you haven't given one single fact to back up these claims about what goes on even in the last 10 years.

vergiss said:
What the hell? No I don't.

What did you mean by this statement?

"Fortunately, she's dead now. Less fortunately, he same can't be said for some."

Good for you. Could you make an effort to answer my question, now?

I answered your question.I have a problem with rat nazis exterminating children under the guise of "choice" and "medical help".

How does a valid and actually compassionate opinion have anything to do with my childhood? My mother is the kindest and most self-sacrificing parent I could hope for.

You seem to have a alot of issues and perhaps you have some kind of denile.

jamesrage said:
What did you mean by this statement?

"Fortunately, she's dead now. Less fortunately, he same can't be said for some."

Oh, crap, you figured out my desire to jump in front of a truck that was so secret even I had no idea. :roll:

jamesrage said:
I answered your question.I have a problem with rat nazis exterminating children under the guise of "choice" and "medical help".

So you have an issue with her views on abortion.

In which case, why try to justify your dislike for the women with all this material painting her as a white supremacist, etc? Because you knew you had no rational reason to hate her, otherwise?

jamesrage said:
You seem to have a alot of issues and perhaps you have some kind of denile.

I take that fact that you think I have issues as proof of my good character.

Back
Top Bottom