• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Margaret Sanger - founder of planned parenthood.

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
34,863
Reaction score
16,499
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
We have a abortion forum section so why not have a thread on planned parenthood's founder.


Here is some interesting words of the founder of one the country's leading abortion group.


On blacks, immigrants and indigents: "...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people

On sterilization & racial purification: Sanger believed that, for the purpose of racial "purification," couples should be rewarded who chose sterilization. Birth Control in America, The Career of Margaret Sanger, by David Kennedy, p. 117, quoting a 1923 Sanger speech.

On the right of married couples to bear children: Couples should be required to submit applications to have a child, she wrote in her "Plan for Peace." Birth Control Review, April 1932

On the purpose of birth control: The purpose in promoting birth control was "to create a race of thoroughbreds," she wrote in the Birth Control Review, Nov. 1921 (p. 2)

On the rights of the handicapped and mentally ill, and racial minorities: "More children from the fit, less from the unfit -- that is the chief aim of birth control." Birth Control Review, May 1919, p. 12
 
F

FallingPianos

jamesrage said:
We have a abortion forum section so why not have a thread on planned parenthood's founder.


Here is some interesting words of the founder of one the country's leading abortion group.


On blacks, immigrants and indigents: "...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people

On sterilization & racial purification: Sanger believed that, for the purpose of racial "purification," couples should be rewarded who chose sterilization. Birth Control in America, The Career of Margaret Sanger, by David Kennedy, p. 117, quoting a 1923 Sanger speech.

On the right of married couples to bear children: Couples should be required to submit applications to have a child, she wrote in her "Plan for Peace." Birth Control Review, April 1932

On the purpose of birth control: The purpose in promoting birth control was "to create a race of thoroughbreds," she wrote in the Birth Control Review, Nov. 1921 (p. 2)

On the rights of the handicapped and mentally ill, and racial minorities: "More children from the fit, less from the unfit -- that is the chief aim of birth control." Birth Control Review, May 1919, p. 12


thats pretty disgusting, but I dont see what bearing it has on the abortion debate today. Most pro-choicers do not follow those beliefs, though there might be some fringe pro-choicers that do.
 

Korimyr the Rat

Baby Eating Monster
DP Veteran
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
19,550
Reaction score
15,755
Location
Cheyenne, WY
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Other
jamesrage said:
On the right of married couples to bear children: Couples should be required to submit applications to have a child, she wrote in her "Plan for Peace." Birth Control Review, April 1932

This, I'll admit, is intolerable. It was also seventy years ago, when Henry Ford himself was building engines for the Nazis.

jamesrage said:
On the purpose of birth control: The purpose in promoting birth control was "to create a race of thoroughbreds," she wrote in the Birth Control Review, Nov. 1921 (p. 2)

On the rights of the handicapped and mentally ill, and racial minorities: "More children from the fit, less from the unfit -- that is the chief aim of birth control." Birth Control Review, May 1919, p. 12

You haven't really explained what's wrong with this. What's wrong with trying to improve the gene pool by asking people voluntarily to forego contributing to it? What's wrong with taking people who can't afford to have children, and offering to pay them to have themselves sterilized?

And what's wrong with taking the fittest, most desirable human beings, and encouraging them to have more children?

As long as there's no force involved, and as long as people have a free choice in the matter, I completely and utterly fail to see what is wrong with this. It's not like we're living in Europe, with negative population growth (not counting immigration) and desperately scrambling to have more babies.

Not that I wouldn't be opposed to a birth subsidy for stable, married couples.

For that matter... are you finally coming out as being as opposed to birth control as you are to abortion? Or are you just opposed to any service that Planned Parenthood provides?
 

Korimyr the Rat

Baby Eating Monster
DP Veteran
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
19,550
Reaction score
15,755
Location
Cheyenne, WY
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Other
star2589 said:
Most pro-choicers do not follow those beliefs, though there might be some fringe pro-choicers that do.

That's because most people who follow those beliefs aren't "pro-choice" by any stretch of the imagination.

Early 20th Century eugenics had nothing to do with choice; abortion was illegal, while undesirables were either forcibly sterilized, subjected to medical experiments, or killed outright.

And that was in America.
 
F

FallingPianos

Korimyr the Rat said:
That's because most people who follow those beliefs aren't "pro-choice" by any stretch of the imagination.

Early 20th Century eugenics had nothing to do with choice; abortion was illegal, while undesirables were either forcibly sterilized, subjected to medical experiments, or killed outright.

And that was in America.

thats true. I just usually try to call people what they usually prefer to be called. pro-chioce and pro-life instead of pro-death, pro-abortion, anti-chioce, and pro-slavery.

though, I suppose that considering that they are a fringe group anyway, calling them "pro-choice" is so offense to the people that actually are, that it merits calling them something else instead.
 

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
34,863
Reaction score
16,499
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
star2589 said:
thats pretty disgusting, but I dont see what bearing it has on the abortion debate today. .

A disgusting practice founded on disgusting roots.




Most pro-choicers do not follow those beliefs, though there might be some fringe pro-choicers that do.

They believe they do not follow her beliefs, but they been suckered into doing planed parenthood's work for them.
It seems the orginization went from wanting to forcibly steralize people to control numbers and breed a master raceto suckering people to control their numbers.

http://www.physiciansforlife.org/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=9
• Although African-Americans compose about 13% of the U.S. population, Black women had 36.3% of the 857,475 reported CDC abortions in 2000 = 311,263 abortions (some states do not report).
 

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
34,863
Reaction score
16,499
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Korimyr the Rat said:
This, I'll admit, is intolerable. It was also seventy years ago, when Henry Ford himself was building engines for the Nazis.

Exterminating children and building engines are two different things.

What's wrong with taking people who can't afford to have children, and offering to pay them to have themselves sterilized?

Humans are not cattle,dogs,pigs,sheep or any other animal that you breed for certian traits.

And what's wrong with taking the fittest, most desirable human beings, and encouraging them to have more children?

As long as there's no force involved, and as long as people have a free choice in the matter, I completely and utterly fail to see what is wrong with this. It's not like we're living in Europe, with negative population growth (not counting immigration) and desperately scrambling to have more babies.

people can be mislead to do all kinds of things,trying to breed humans like animals forcibly or voluntary should be seen as unethical.W


For that matter... are you finally coming out as being as opposed to birth control as you are to abortion? Or are you just opposed to any service that Planned Parenthood provides?


I am opposed to abortion and planned parenthood.
 

ngdawg

conliberaservatarianist
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
2,149
Reaction score
24
Location
trackside
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Ford Motor Company was founded by a man who agreed with the Nazis to exterminate Jews.
Earth Day was founded by a guy who killed his wife, stuffed her in a trunk and then fled to France.
Volkswagen and Eddie Bauer were both manufacturers under Hitler.
Really don't see the point in what you're getting at. Planned Parenthood no more follows Sanger's train of thought than Ford, Volkswagen or Eddie Bauer follow their founders'.
Planned Parenthood clinics are NOT just about abortion. They provide medical services, ie; physical exams, Pap smears, treatment of STD's, birth control and counselling. I've used them when I couldn't afford a private physician. If you haven't ever been there, then you are clueless as to what they do as a whole, but you'll sit there and spew about just one facet of a medical organization.:roll:
 

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
34,863
Reaction score
16,499
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
ngdawg said:
Planned Parenthood clinics are NOT just about abortion.
of course they want uncle sam/us the tax payer to help them with their nazi eugenics programs.
They provide medical services, ie; physical exams, Pap smears, treatment of STD's, birth control and counselling. I've used them when I couldn't afford a private physician.
What a better way to steralize or control numbers of people by telling them that exterminating a baby in their womb is the same as cutting off a toe nail, that it should be their right to murder a child before he or she has a change to leave the womb and that they will do it for free.
If you haven't ever been there, then you are clueless as to what they do as a whole, but you'll sit there and spew about just one facet of a medical organization.:roll:

I do not have to see Brokeback mountain to know that it is a movie about gay sheep ranchers.The history of planned parenthood and it's founder is on the net.Instead of forcibly trying to steralize people to make a master race they sucker people into controling their numbers for them.Kind of similar to similar to Tom Sawer story where instead of white washing the fence himself and instead of paying someone to white wash a fence he suckers the other kids into white washing his fence.
 

ngdawg

conliberaservatarianist
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
2,149
Reaction score
24
Location
trackside
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
jamesrage said:
of course they want uncle sam/us the tax payer to help them with their nazi eugenics programs.

What a better way to steralize or control numbers of people by telling them that exterminating a baby in their womb is the same as cutting off a toe nail, that it should be their right to murder a child before he or she has a change to leave the womb and that they will do it for free.


I do not have to see Brokeback mountain to know that it is a movie about gay sheep ranchers.The history of planned parenthood and it's founder is on the net.Instead of forcibly trying to steralize people to make a master race they sucker people into controling their numbers for them.Kind of similar to similar to Tom Sawer story where instead of white washing the fence himself and instead of paying someone to white wash a fence he suckers the other kids into white washing his fence.
You're off your nut....
Not once was I greeted with any of what you say, nor was I suckered into anything. I had a physical, going in on my own accord and wanting BC pills. Since they charge by your ability to pay, it was cheaper than a private doctor. No more, no less, no underhanded propaganda.
History of Ford, et al is also on the net. I won't bother asking what's your point. You're blowing smoke.
 

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
34,863
Reaction score
16,499
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
ngdawg said:
You're off your nut....
Not once was I greeted with any of what you say, nor was I suckered into anything. I had a physical, going in on my own accord and wanting BC pills. Since they charge by your ability to pay, it was cheaper than a private doctor. .


Evil does not walk up to you and anounce that it is evil.Osama bin laden from what I heard did a lot of charity work,funded schools and helped alot of people.


No more, no less, no underhanded propaganda.
History of Ford, et al is also on the net. I won't bother asking what's your point. You're blowing smoke

Propaganda?Mentioning that Margaret Sanger and her group she founded is a racist Eugenist is a propaganda?
 

ngdawg

conliberaservatarianist
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
2,149
Reaction score
24
Location
trackside
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Not YOUR propaganda-that wouldn't fill a business card....:doh
You are implying that Planned Parenthood has a propagandist agenda and approach and still uses the eugenics outlines and I'm telling you as a former patient that is NOT the case on a person to doctor basis in their clinics, nor is Sanger's agenda of ethnic cleansing.
 

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
34,863
Reaction score
16,499
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
ngdawg said:
Not YOUR propaganda-that wouldn't fill a business card....:doh
You are implying that Planned Parenthood has a propagandist agenda and approach and still uses the eugenics outlines

and I'm telling you as a former patient that is NOT the case on a person to doctor basis in their clinics, nor is Sanger's agenda of ethnic cleansing.
They still have the vile practice of abortion,So they are still continuing their original cause.
I'll say it again, evil is not going to anounce to you that they are evil.
The KKK is a racist group they are still a racist and some people claim they are not racist.
 

ngdawg

conliberaservatarianist
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
2,149
Reaction score
24
Location
trackside
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
'Vile' and 'evil' are your opinions. That is not the proclamation you claim to be making though. They provide a service to women who seek it. They provide other services to women seeking those. You don't have to seek them out anymore than you have to join the KKK or buy a Ford. Still not seeing your point in any of this, really.
If you don't like a company's political, moral or ethical stance or historical beginnings, you don't patronize them. Very easy.
 

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
34,863
Reaction score
16,499
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
ngdawg said:
'Vile' and 'evil' are your opinions.

So it is perfectly acceptable to murder a innocent child?No wonder why you abortionist want scum like Joseph smith to stay alive.Your lack of value for a child's life and the value you have for scum's life is now explained.
They provide a service to women who seek it. They provide other services to women seeking those.

Service?I would not call exterminatiung child like some rat nazi a service.

Still not seeing your point in any of this, really.
If you don't like a company's political, moral or ethical stance or historical beginnings, you don't patronize them. Very easy.

Abortionist are scum,perhaps if their more open scumbag roots is exposed perhaps people will see the truth.
 

ngdawg

conliberaservatarianist
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
2,149
Reaction score
24
Location
trackside
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
jamesrage said:
So it is perfectly acceptable to murder a innocent child?No wonder why you abortionist want scum like Joseph smith to stay alive.Your lack of value for a child's life and the value you have for scum's life is now explained.
Just to clarify: A) I'm not an abortionist. Don't perform them, don't have them. WRONG, Pal. B) Who said anything about keeping scum like Smith alive? You draw assumptions pretty quick with no basis to back any of them up. So, WRONG, Pal-again C) I value my kids more than anything, but we aren't talking about kids or even children. We're talking about the termination of pregnancies, ie: aborting embryos or fetuses. That is not my decision to make.

jamesrage said:
Service?I would not call exterminatiung child like some rat nazi a service.
No one, even in the field of abortion, exterminates a 'child'.


jamesrage said:
Abortionist are scum,perhaps if their more open scumbag roots is exposed perhaps people will see the truth.
Whose truth? YOURS? Simply not enough reason to change my stance, which you obviously are not aware of, but then again, I don't really care whether you are or not. You are too blissful in your ignorance and I am not one to burst a child's bubble so readily.;)
 

talloulou

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Feb 12, 2006
Messages
15,998
Reaction score
3,962
Location
Tiamat's better half
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Conservative
ngdawg said:
Earth Day was founded by a guy who killed his wife, stuffed her in a trunk and then fled to France.

Ummm.....Gaylord Nelson was the founder of Earth Day. And a when he died he left behind a loving wife. Where you getting your info?
 

ngdawg

conliberaservatarianist
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
2,149
Reaction score
24
Location
trackside
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
talloulou said:
Ummm.....Gaylord Nelson was the founder of Earth Day. And a when he died he left behind a loving wife. Where you getting your info?
He did not start it alone(there was a couple of people working together on it) ...I'll have to dig up the man's name...he lived in Philadelphia when he murdered his wife, but it isn't Nelson, I know that, of course.
 

ngdawg

conliberaservatarianist
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
2,149
Reaction score
24
Location
trackside
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Ira Einhorn. http://karisable.com/killers.htm
In 1979, 18 months after the disappearance of Einhorn's lover, Holly Maddux, 30, Philadelphia police climbed the stairs to his shabby apartment. In a steamer trunk a few feet from where Einhorn slept, homicide detective, Michael Chitwood, found her mummified body. Holly's skull was fractured in 6 or more places. Einhorn, 62, spent 20 years on the lam after skipping out on his 1981 trial while free on bail. When jury foreman read out the verdict: guilty of 1st-degree murder. He shook his head slowly in a sign of disagreement as the judge, William Mazzola, read out the sentence -- life in prison without parole -- and told Einhorn he was "an intellectual dilettante" who "preyed upon the uninitiated, uninformed, unsuspecting and inexperienced." Ira Einhorn at Pennsylvania's maximum-security Graterford Prison, is a long way from the sun flowered French countryside - where he was gaily entertaining visitors and arguing the fine points of the French legal system with charm and confidence.
http://www.time.com/time/nation/printout/0,8816,168382,00.html
Dominating the page was the man who, with atomic energy and electric-blue eyes that alternately charmed and haunted, had dominated every conversation he'd ever had. Einhorn wasn't on a weight-loss program back then. Cross a bear with a man, take away all grooming implements and you get Ira, who considered himself too mythic to bathe regularly or use his given name. Einhorn means "one horn," so he called himself the Unicorn. When it wasn't fair maidens he was after, it was the company of nags like Rubin, Hoffman and Allen Ginsberg. He ingested enough drugs to kill a whale. He organized be-ins. He called himself a planetary enzyme and "sort of smelled like a hoagie with onions all the time," as a friend puts it. For Philadelphia, a social and political backwater in which consciousness raising was a billy club to the head, Einhorn was, all alone, a connection to the psychedelic world.
 

talloulou

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Feb 12, 2006
Messages
15,998
Reaction score
3,962
Location
Tiamat's better half
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Conservative
Margaret Sanger is completely indefensible. Planned parenthood has tried to hide the type of person she really was but she wrote too many articles with too many hateful quotes that have been printed and reprinted. Noone can deny that she promoted birth control as some sort of way for the white race to prevail over blacks.
 

talloulou

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Feb 12, 2006
Messages
15,998
Reaction score
3,962
Location
Tiamat's better half
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Conservative
ngdawg said:
Ira Einhorn. http://karisable.com/killers.htm
In 1979, 18 months after the disappearance of Einhorn's lover, Holly Maddux, 30, Philadelphia police climbed the stairs to his shabby apartment. In a steamer trunk a few feet from where Einhorn slept, homicide detective, Michael Chitwood, found her mummified body. Holly's skull was fractured in 6 or more places. Einhorn, 62, spent 20 years on the lam after skipping out on his 1981 trial while free on bail. When jury foreman read out the verdict: guilty of 1st-degree murder. He shook his head slowly in a sign of disagreement as the judge, William Mazzola, read out the sentence -- life in prison without parole -- and told Einhorn he was "an intellectual dilettante" who "preyed upon the uninitiated, uninformed, unsuspecting and inexperienced." Ira Einhorn at Pennsylvania's maximum-security Graterford Prison, is a long way from the sun flowered French countryside - where he was gaily entertaining visitors and arguing the fine points of the French legal system with charm and confidence.
http://www.time.com/time/nation/printout/0,8816,168382,00.html
Dominating the page was the man who, with atomic energy and electric-blue eyes that alternately charmed and haunted, had dominated every conversation he'd ever had. Einhorn wasn't on a weight-loss program back then. Cross a bear with a man, take away all grooming implements and you get Ira, who considered himself too mythic to bathe regularly or use his given name. Einhorn means "one horn," so he called himself the Unicorn. When it wasn't fair maidens he was after, it was the company of nags like Rubin, Hoffman and Allen Ginsberg. He ingested enough drugs to kill a whale. He organized be-ins. He called himself a planetary enzyme and "sort of smelled like a hoagie with onions all the time," as a friend puts it. For Philadelphia, a social and political backwater in which consciousness raising was a billy club to the head, Einhorn was, all alone, a connection to the psychedelic world.


The only person who claims Ira Einhorn was a founder of Earth Day is Ira Einhorn himself. He was not the founder or even part of the group. I think the guy that is often considered a cofounder is Denis Hayes.

Ira Einhorn was a freak who wanted people to believe he had something to do with founding Earth Day....but he did not. Nor did he organize the first Earth Day Rally in Philadelphia. If you research him at all you will see that the general concensus is that Ira Einhorn was a liar who had nothing to do with founding Earth Day.
 

ngdawg

conliberaservatarianist
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
2,149
Reaction score
24
Location
trackside
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
talloulou said:
Margaret Sanger is completely indefensible. Planned parenthood has tried to hide the type of person she really was but she wrote too many articles with too many hateful quotes that have been printed and reprinted. Noone can deny that she promoted birth control as some sort of way for the white race to prevail over blacks.
And no one has, to my knowledge. So your point being.....what? If they had tried to 'hide' her idealogies, they would have done so. They're a very large, powerful coalition.
The underlying argument is whether or not Planned Parenthood is carrying her ideals and they are not.

Threadjack:
Oh, by the way, while Ira Einhorn has, in news accounts, been called a founder of Earth Day and it is from these news reports that I culled that information, the Earth Day Committee, while based in Philadelphia, is denying any relationship or connection with him. Whether they are trying to sever any ties because of his murder conviction or, in fact, he was never associated with them to begin with, I don't know, but I will take this from the committee as an official rebuttal to the earlier claims and not consider Einhorn an Earth Day founder or member: http://www.edfdad.addr.com/NBCkatzman4unicorn.html
Dear Mr. Katzman:

To our amazement, we learned a few days ago that NBC was running promotional spots about the Ira Einhorn "Unicorn" miniseriers which you produced and which is apparently going to be aired on May 8th or 9th which perpetuate the fiction that Einhorn was the "founder" or "organizer" of the first Earth Day. You know better.

How can you allow these blatantly false promos, and purposely misleading segments of the miniseries, to be aired when you have seen extensive documentation which repudiates the Einhorn Earth Day myth? Have you simply decided to ignore all of the information that members of the Earth Week Committee have provided you?

The following is a partial list of materials which we have given you which contradict this fiction:



even us whackos know how to glean information and correct ourselves when needed:roll:
 

talloulou

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Feb 12, 2006
Messages
15,998
Reaction score
3,962
Location
Tiamat's better half
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Conservative

ngdawg

conliberaservatarianist
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
2,149
Reaction score
24
Location
trackside
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
talloulou said:
Planned Parenthood attempts to defend her on their own website. They paint a very different picture of her than even her own body of work paints. Also they pick a few racist statements she never said and provide rebuttals for them while they ignore the racist crap she not only said but wrote herself.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/pp...icalinfo/birthcontrol/bio-margaret-sanger.xml
Which actually proves my point that they are not hiding her idealogies. I also said they do not FOLLOW them. They have a right to defend their founder as the founder, though and paint her other, more positive aspects in a better light. They're not the only organization to do it and won't be the last. As a past patient, I certainly did not have to follow anything they ascribe to and that holds true now as well. Unlike things like the KKK, people who go to PP aren't going there because they're racist and certainly aren't signing afidavits pledging allegiance to anything.
 

talloulou

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Feb 12, 2006
Messages
15,998
Reaction score
3,962
Location
Tiamat's better half
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Conservative
ngdawg said:
Which actually proves my point that they are not hiding her idealogies.

They paint her as a friend and individual concerned for the welfare of blacks. That's a far cry from the racist she was.
 
Top Bottom