• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Margaret Carlson: ‘We’ve Gone From Martin Luther King to Al Sharpton…It’s Very Dispir

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Noel Sheppard
August 24, 2013

Stop the presses! Stop the presses!

A liberal media member actually said something negative about Al Sharpton.

Appearing on PBS’s Inside Washington, Bloomberg News’s Margaret Carlson said Friday, “We’ve gone from Martin Luther King to the Reverend Al Sharpton, and as a leader, as he is trying to be this weekend, it’s very dispiriting” (video follows with commentary):

[video]http://www.mrctv.org/videos/margaret-carlson-‘we’ve-gone-martin-luther-king-al-sharpton…it’s-very-dispiriting’[/video]​

Coming from Carlson, I’ll certainly take “dispiriting,” but feel the need to up the ante with a “disappointing,” a “disgraceful,” and a “disturbing.”

If folks around this country of all colors want to be honest about the poor condition of race relations in this nation 50 years after the March on Washington, they should point their fingers at hucksters such as Sharpton and Jesse Jackson who rather than continuing King’s work used civil rights issues to make themselves rich.

According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, Jackson’s worth $10 million. Sharpton’s worth $5 million

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Margaret Carlson:

While criticism is few and far in between. This statement is quite profound coming from someone of the Left. Does it mean they have turned against Sharpton and Jackson? I doubt it.

Re: Margaret Carlson: ‘We’ve Gone From Martin Luther King to Al Sharpton…It’s Very Di

Stop the presses! Stop the presses!

A liberal media member actually said something negative about Al Sharpton.

.[/B]

--------------
Yawn...
I'm amazed that you're amazed.
I'm also amazed that a "liberal media member" says anything about Sharpton at all.
He's fairly insignificant, don't you think?
Let me know when you start referring to Rush as "disappointing, disgraceful and disturbing".

Re: Margaret Carlson: ‘We’ve Gone From Martin Luther King to Al Sharpton…It’s Very Di

I can't imagine why one would compare the two. King fought to end racism. Sharpton makes a living from racism and does what he can to increase it.

Back
Top Bottom