• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mardy Fish-pretty well done?

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Former US #1 tennis player and world #7 just pulled out of the US Open. He retired yesterday at W-S NC against Jarkko Nieminen due to heat stroke. I saw Fish play (badly-lost 5 games in a row in a first round loss in Cincinnati) last week. he had no confidence and looked too thin, he has had heart issues that one doctor told me might be due to eating disorders.

too bad, the guy had one of the best backhand half volleys in the history of of the sport.

I always thought he and James Blake should have spent the last coupe and next three years playing doubles-they could win some titles that escaped them as singles players. Both have big serves, huge forehands and volley really well. and he's four years younger than the Bryan boys

Solid player..never could put it all together. When he got close to bringing his all he broke the top 10.
No doubt the two even now could be a top doubles team

Former US #1 tennis player and world #7 just pulled out of the US Open. He retired yesterday at W-S NC against Jarkko Nieminen due to heat stroke. I saw Fish play (badly-lost 5 games in a row in a first round loss in Cincinnati) last week. he had no confidence and looked too thin, he has had heart issues that one doctor told me might be due to eating disorders.

too bad, the guy had one of the best backhand half volleys in the history of of the sport.

I always thought he and James Blake should have spent the last coupe and next three years playing doubles-they could win some titles that escaped them as singles players. Both have big serves, huge forehands and volley really well. and he's four years younger than the Bryan boys

Agreed. Singles is/will continue to be a little too taxing for them to keep up. Doubles would be their best bet. I remember a few years ago something was up with his weight (don't remember if it was a significant loss or gain) right before he started to peak. Isner's playing well though so hopefully he can represent the US pretty well for at least a year...

Solid player..never could put it all together. When he got close to bringing his all he broke the top 10.
No doubt the two even now could be a top doubles team

they certainly has as much talent as the Bryans and they got to the semis of wimbledon a few years ago-lost after being up 2-0. I watched teh Bryans win last week and watched Blake with Steve Johnson give the Bryans a decent match. with a year of steady doubles, they'd become a very good team with far bigger serves then most doubles teams (The #2 team-Granollers and Lopez feature a guy who rarely breaks 100 MPH on his first serve (Lopez)

Back
Top Bottom