• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mar-a-Lago trio reviewed confidential $10 billion VA contract before its release: report

Damn you libs bitched about Bush for 8 ****ing years, hypocrites. And by the way you libs still have not gotten over your beloved Crooked Hillary losing.

My bitching was about getting us into the quagmire of Iraq and sending our economy off the cliff.....Lots to bitch about.

Meanwhile the almost 8 years of Republican investigation into Bill Clinton lead to lies about sexual indiscretion and an impeachment .

Now less than two years with Mueller (and all the bitching and moaning has lead to how many subpoenas, convictions, plea deals and imprisonments? (and apparently more serious stuff yet to come)

And frankly I get the bitching about Obama over ACA. There was never going to be any agreement, so the ACA was laced with a poison pill - the pre-existing condition provision. I never thought of ACA as any sort of final plan. I thought about it as a necessary evil to push Americans towards some sort of single payer system.

You people flipped your **** when a guy who used to own part of a uranium company donated money to a charitable foundation.

That would be a great comparison,..if like,...anyone of these people stood to gain $100's of millions by reviewing this contract.

You are absolutely correct. It's much better for swamp-approved donors to shape public policy, as Congress does, than friends of Trump to do so.
Trump is a self-serving, lying, childish piece of moronic garbage.
His little play buddies will be off the same low level of slime.

That would be a great comparison,..if like,...anyone of these people stood to gain $100's of millions by reviewing this contract.

Fun fact: the gentleman in question allegedly bribing via that donation didn't stand to gain from the sale of Uranium One because he wasn't an owner of it anymore.

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobb...onfidential-10-billion-va-contract-before-its

Three Mar-a-Lago club members friendly with President Trump were reportedly given access to review a $10 billion government contract to overhaul electronic health records for veterans even though they had no prior experience in the field.

The three men, Marvel Entertainment chairman Ike Perlmutter, West Palm Beach physician Bruce Moskowitz and lawyer Marc Sherman, were given unprecedented access to confidential documents and shaped policy at the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (VA), according to emails obtained by ProPublica through a Freedom of Information Act request.
=========================================
Talk about cronyism. None of these men had any experience or technology applicable to this lucrative VA contract tender. The obvious connection here is Trump & this looks like a violation of some laws.

Cronyism is bad. That almost got the Clintons in hot water in the Travelgate scandal, but the death of key witness Vince Foster literally saved the day for Bill and Hillary.

Cronyism is bad. That almost got the Clintons in hot water in the Travelgate scandal, but the death of key witness Vince Foster literally saved the day for Bill and Hillary.

You must have missed the part where the subject of the OP is 3 Trump friends (with no discernible qualifications) at Mar-A-Largo have become deeply involved in reviewing a massive VA contract.

Here's an idea! Why don't you start your own thread about Bill and Hillary and Travelgate? This thread is not about Bill and Hillary.

You must have missed the part where the subject of the OP is 3 Trump friends (with no discernible qualifications) at Mar-A-Largo have become deeply involved in reviewing a massive VA contract.

Here's an idea! Why don't you start your own thread about Bill and Hillary and Travelgate? This thread is not about Bill and Hillary.

Politicians have been doing favors for their friends and relatives for decades. Can we stop it? Probably not. My mom got a good government job when I was a kid. Her dad had a high level government job and pulled some strings. My grandfather was a well known democrat in Arkansas in his day.

So he replaces career professionals with friends who have no relevant experience, and that's draining the swamp?

It was Trump's choice to say he only hires the best, and will drain the swamp.
how dare we point out his lies/hypocrisy? I thought it was our duty to check those in power.

But trump DOES only hire the very best. And when they fail to kiss his butt, trump fires them.

Oh sorry - they all either resigned or retired.

Gosh, some people Trump new helped REVIEW a contract. Oh the horror.

Gosh some people can't spell. It is KNEW. The K is silent just so you know.

Career professionals? Congress doesn't use career professionals. They use the guys who give them the most money.

Mar-a-Lago membership costs $200K (doubled once Trump won, access to the president should cost you more) with a $14K yearly fee. Money directly paid to Trump.

Gosh some people can't spell. It is KNEW. The K is silent just so you know.

OH NO!!!

You got me on that one, Miss Grammar Nazi.

Moving on...

Are you a veteran, a disabled veteran? Do you use the VA?

No. Just saying that I've known about these Mar-a-Lago interlopers for quite some time. I discussed it at the last board I was on.

Are you a veteran, a disabled veteran? Do you use the VA?

Both my father and (one) brother are veterans, my brother is also a disabled veteran. My father (now 96) is in a state veterans home and my brother uses VA care. Why do you ask?

Both my father and (one) brother are veterans, my brother is also a disabled veteran. My father (now 96) is in a state veterans home and my brother uses VA care. Why do you ask?

I was asking Airyaman.

We have veterans, both able bodied and disabled, sprinkled throughout our family.
I graduated HS in 1975 and was already working in a lucrative field before graduation and simply chose not to go into the military...not much was happening anyway, but my wife is a disabled Navy veteran.

The very first VA she ever accessed was in Memphis, and Memphis is perhaps the worst or one of the worst VA's in the country, and it shows no sign of ever improving, whereas many of the poorly rated facilities seem to have at least tried to do better.
A few years later however, her experience in Dallas was remarkably good, plus our momentary visit to a VA in Minneapolis during the Veterans Wheelchair Games was surprisingly good.
And the VA we call home now, in Long Beach CA is excellent. They've saved her life well over a half dozen times.

So it's a mixed bag, but one thing we know for sure...privatizing the VA is a recipe for disaster, because disabled veterans have problems that outside health care isn't equipped to deal with like the VA, and also because outside health care operates mostly on a profit basis, and many disabled veteran health issues aren't very profitable.

Trump's Mar-A-Lago buddies intend to privatize the system, it is their openly stated goal, whether by death by a thousand cuts or by openly attempting to abolish it altogether, that's the goal.

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobb...onfidential-10-billion-va-contract-before-its

Three Mar-a-Lago club members friendly with President Trump were reportedly given access to review a $10 billion government contract to overhaul electronic health records for veterans even though they had no prior experience in the field.

The three men, Marvel Entertainment chairman Ike Perlmutter, West Palm Beach physician Bruce Moskowitz and lawyer Marc Sherman, were given unprecedented access to confidential documents and shaped policy at the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (VA), according to emails obtained by ProPublica through a Freedom of Information Act request.
=========================================
Talk about cronyism. None of these men had any experience or technology applicable to this lucrative VA contract tender. The obvious connection here is Trump & this looks like a violation of some laws.

"Looks like a violation of some laws." Oh my it looks like a violation....... hang them from the highest tree partner! They must be guilty if they darn know President Trump! :doh

"Looks like a violation of some laws." Oh my it looks like a violation....... hang them from the highest tree partner! They must be guilty if they darn know President Trump! :doh

Is it legal for non-governmental officials, particularly ones that do not contract with or work for the VA, to be given unprecedented access to confidential documents?

The list is one of hundreds of newly released documents about the so-called Mar-a-Lago Crowd’s sway over VA policy and personnel decisions. The records show them editing the budget for a government program, weighing in on job candidates and being treated as having decision-making authority on policy initiatives.

In a June 2017 email, a VA official identified Perlmutter alongside then-VA Secretary David Shulkin as “top principles [sic].” In another message, Moskowitz named himself, Perlmutter and Sherman to an “executive committee.”

Forgive me if I am wrong but isn't SecVA a cabinet level position?
And now we're just letting unappointed and unvetted private individuals waltz in under color of authority?
Well hell, if that's okay then I suppose you won't mind if we let a few private individuals lean on the SCOTUS.

hey, those guys gotta get some special access to government spending in order to compensate for the doubling of their mar-a-lago club fees

That is absolutely right! Trump received $600,000 from these guys...personally, not his campaign... But it seems to be A OK for the president to be making a profit off his position according to his supporters here. So he needs to give a little to his friends...what's the big deal? :roll:

And now apparently, Perlmutter and Moskowitz are attempting to slam the brakes on VA's efforts to digitize VA patient records, because VA decided against their suggestions.

Again, under WHOSE authority do these men act?

That doesn't mean that the VA plan is any good. It's apparently the brainchild of Trump's son-in-law.

Jared Kushner, was instrumental in Shulkin’s June 2017 decision to choose the Cerner Corp. system with a no-bid contract.

Again, who ARE these people?

Explain the difference between a DC lobbyist and Trump's Mar-A-Lago buddies.
Oh wait, I think I know, Trump's Mar-A-Lago buddies are secretly running the VA right now.

Another big difference might be the fact that DC lobbyists actually have to register as such. I know Trump considers transparency a pain in the rear, so he moved most of his business to the "southern White House" where no records of who meets with the president are kept. His supporters are totally cool with this, and of course will support the same behavior by the next democratic president. lol.

My bitching was about getting us into the quagmire of Iraq and sending our economy off the cliff.....Lots to bitch about.

You can thank the CIA for us going into Iraq, it was the CIA that got it dead wrong on WMD.

Meanwhile the almost 8 years of Republican investigation into Bill Clinton lead to lies about sexual indiscretion and an impeachment .

Yeah getting his blow jobs in the oval office from an intern and you know he was accused of rape among all his other trophies he ****ed in front of Hillary

Now less than two years with Mueller (and all the bitching and moaning has lead to how many subpoenas, convictions, plea deals and imprisonments? (and apparently more serious stuff yet to come)

Where's the collusion and the obstruction????? The items you mention have nothing to do with collusion or obstruction of justice form Trump. Zip Zero

And frankly I get the bitching about Obama over ACA. There was never going to be any agreement, so the ACA was laced with a poison pill - the pre-existing condition provision. I never thought of ACA as any sort of final plan. I thought about it as a necessary evil to push Americans towards some sort of single payer system.

Agree and the Dems are moving further and further to the left. They want a single payer. Now we hear the wall we have at the border is "immoral" = Open borders

Back
Top Bottom