• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Map of Europe : 1000 AD to present day

seen it on reddit/r/europe earlier today.

That was awesome, thank you very much. :)

Excellent video.

Great stuff. Thanks.

What lacks though is time going through it all.

the video shows me that i don't know as much about European history as i thought i did.

I wonder what the next 1000 years are going to be like. My guess is that the next European border changes will happen on the edges of Russia, on the Balkans, or some parts of West European countries will become independant (Catalonia, South Tirol, Scotland, Basque Country).

I wonder what the next 1000 years are going to be like. My guess is that the next European border changes will happen on the edges of Russia, on the Balkans, or some parts of West European countries will become independant (Catalonia, South Tirol, Scotland, Basque Country).
I'm putting my money on the elimination of all borders in europ and just having one uniform United Kingdom.

I'm putting my money on the elimination of all borders in europ and just having one uniform United Kingdom.
The Europe as entire can never be conquered.

However, better fit Germany on that position rather than UK.

Wow. I think I could watch that 20 times, focusing on different sections. Needs a year counter though... I could sorta tell when a lot of the big stuff was going on, but still.

Cool.

Thanks.

I thought the same thing. It's now fixed, thanks to Coin. Check OP for the updated link.

The Europe as entire can never be conquered.

However, better fit Germany on that position rather than UK.

I think the others are starting to discover our secret plan to take over Europe economically and turn it all into a big nudist area where everyone eats Bratwurst with Sauerkraut and listens to military marches instead of pop music and being late for any occasion is punished with the death penalty... Damnit!!!!

I watched it, and its cool, but it seem like it is trying to look good, rather than be historically accurate. Germany did not invade russia in 1944 and they certainly did not lose in 1957. And Norway did not get independence in 1882 and Finland did not get independence in 1905. That's when Norway got independent.

I watched it, and its cool, but it seem like it is trying to look good, rather than be historically accurate. Germany did not invade russia in 1944 and they certainly did not lose in 1957. And Norway did not get independence in 1882 and Finland did not get independence in 1905. That's when Norway got independent.

Yes, I've noticed that too. But exciting to watch nonetheless.

Not going to happen.

I remember AP Euro back in highshool, it was always hilarious to me the bad luck Poland had.

The epic music was unnecessary though.

Darn can't access it at work, but look at the reason lol:

that is really strange. i suppose it's "extreme" when you consider that each time those borders moved, a lot of people probably died. as for the video itself, though, it's just a time lapse map. could just be that live leak is blocked.

Thank god for the English channel.

Back
Top Bottom