• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Many in the media are shifting blame for Biden's disastrous foreign policy: How ridiculous will the media's excuses become?

ModerationNow!

I identify as "non-Bidenary".
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
😉How forehead-slappingly silly and ridiculous will the leftist elite's obfuscation for Biden's foreign policy weakness become?? Feel free to come up with your own bogus, responsibility-shifting excuses for Putin's invasion, and we'll see which ones actually end up showing up at Vox, Vice, NYT, Wa-Po, MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, Huff Po, TYT, David Pakman, etc...

Here's some of my silliest predictions of excuses they may actually adopt:

1). Putin invaded out of anger that America isn't woke enough
2). Because Trump only condemned the white supremacists in Charlottesville 4 times in that press conference.
3). Because the Canadian trucker convoy somehow shows that there's weakness in America's military
4). Because Trump didn't eventually open that Moscow hotel!
5). Putin invaded Ukraine out of anger that Trump didn't take global warming more seriously!
6). Putin is motivated by "white supremacy", which is allegedly proven because he invaded another Caucasian country(??)
7). Because....."January 6th"
8). Because Putin is now going to sell Ukraine to Trump at a bargain basement price, so he can build the hotel he failed to build in Moscow.
9). Because Putin is actually Trump's salaried employee!

Putin, supported by Trump, Pompeo, Steven Bannon, right wing media, etc., invades Ukraine.
ModerationNow tries to point the finger at "the left"!?

Putin. Focus on the bad actor. Or don't...and give him praise and comfort like the rest of them... your choice.

😉How forehead-slappingly silly and ridiculous will the leftist elite's obfuscation for Biden's foreign policy weakness become?? Feel free to come up with your own bogus, responsibility-shifting excuses for Putin's invasion, and we'll see which ones actually end up showing up at Vox, Vice, NYT, Wa-Po, MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, Huff Po, TYT, David Pakman, etc...

2). Because Trump only condemned the white supremacists in Charlottesville 4 times in that press conference.
3). Because the Canadian trucker convoy somehow shows that there's weakness in America's military
5). Putin invaded Ukraine out of anger that Trump didn't take global warming more seriously!
6). Putin is motivated by "white supremacy", which is allegedly proven because he invaded another Caucasian country(??)
8). Because Putin is now going to sell Ukraine to Trump at a bargain basement price, so he can build the hotel he failed to build in Moscow.
Biden is not alone in the blame. This goes back to Crimea. So we can say it started under Obama who gave Putin a green light. Then Trump inherited the debacle and spent more time fighting the media and our corrupt government than resolving the problem continuing to give Putin a green light. Well Putin has proceeded under green lights now to Ukraine. Biden belongs in a nursing home not crossing swords with Putin. So the problem continues.

Putin, supported by Trump, Pompeo, Steven Bannon, right wing media, etc., invades Ukraine.

Putin. Focus on the bad actor. Or don't...and give him praise and comfort like the rest of them... your choice.
Yeah...that time-traveling Putin that knew all that when he took Crimea, rofl. What clownshoes of a post.

Honest Dems (there are some) realize that President Biden handled this matter very poorly.

Constantly threatening to unleash the mother of all sanctions did not scare the Kremlin monster.

And, in fact, the mother of all sanctions (something called Swift) is not being implemented because Germany thinks it's too extreme.

At the very least, the Olympic Committee has asked that all sporting events in Russia be boycotted. (But that will probably blow over, too.)

We assume that President Biden was following his advisers' suggestions.

So he cannot be blamed. Because of his age and his cognitive "difficulties," he really did not know how to react to the Kremlin monster's plans.

We all feel so sorry for the Ukrainian people. Instead of enjoying this weekend, many are now begging for refuge in neighborhood countries.

As others have said, it is almost surreal that this can be happening in 2022 Europe.

I've never suggested a thread deserved that 'flush' treatment before, which is saying a lot. But I guess this shows one purpose, the crazed sputtering of the right - as I've described before quoting the Doors, "his brain was squirming like a toad". How can our country stand strong against forces like Putin and China with citizens in this condition?

Many in the media are shifting blame for Biden's disastrous foreign policy: How ridiculous will the media's excuses become?​

Putin invading a foreign county is not Biden's fault at all and claiming otherwise is a batshit insane delusional tinfoil hat CT, false narrative and nutter agenda LMAO
nobody honest, educated and objective right left and center would ever buy it
😂🍿

That God we have a statesman as president.

Many in the media are shifting blame for Biden's disastrous foreign policy:​

I reject the entire premise. Biden has yet to exhibit a disastrous foreign policy. In fact, he's has only exhibited the foreign policy of a mature statesman - something Trump was never capable of doing.

How ridiculous will the media's excuses become?​

?? Your OP didn't actually cite even one single media report - just your own distortions of the same. Those were certainly ridiculous.

I reject the entire premise. Biden has yet to exhibit a disastrous foreign policy. In fact, he's has only exhibited the foreign policy of a mature statesman - something Trump was never capable of doing.

Didn't you find his returning of North Korea's talk of nuclear war threat and name calling "Rocket Man" followed by North Korea sending him a flattering letter and his saying he and the dictator fell in love masterful statecraft?

There is no question that the GOP's contribution in weakening our democracy encouraged Putin to get aggressive

The marxist leftist media will always be corrupt...and will rely on the moronic marxist left shitheads to eagerly await their daily dose of shit to swallow and regurgitate.

A big fan of ol' Vladimir, are ya?

Didn't you find his returning of North Korea's talk of nuclear war threat and name calling "Rocket Man" followed by North Korea sending him a flattering letter and his saying he and the dictator fell in love masterful statecraft?
LOL - yes. Masterful statecraft indeed. And here it is, only 13 months since his departure, and North Korea is now our fondest ally on that "nuclear free" peninsula.

A big fan of ol' Vladimir, are ya?
Nope. Not at all. Since when does calling out corruption in the media equate to supporting Putin? I wish we had a strong president who Putin actually feared! We don't have that, which is why things in Afghanistan and now Ukraine are going so badly.

BTW, I knew an old man who was born in Ukraine in the mid 1920s, under Soviet rule, who nearly starved during Stalin's intentional, forced famine in Ukraine(the Holodomor), and watched ALL 4 of his older brothers arrested by Stalin's goons in the middle of the night and taken away, never to be seen or heard from again. Since meeting him in the late 90s, I've been a fan of Ukrainian independence and sovereignty! He died in 2003.

Last edited:
That's complete BS, and it's historical revisionist propaganda. His first impeachment was a politically motivated hit job for pointing out the Biden family's collusion and blackmail of Ukraine, when Biden threatened to withhold a billion dollar US grant if the Ukrainian president didn't fire the prosecutor, who was looking into the corrupt Ukrainian oil oligarchy where Hunter Biden was being paid over $50,000 a month to do nothing!

There is no question that the GOP's contribution in weakening our democracy encouraged Putin to get aggressive
Thank you for that one. That's exactly the point of the thread. To give us your idea of most ridiculous, disconnected, illogical excuses for why Putin is invading Ukraine just 25% into Biden's first term(hopefully last term, lest China have time to invade Taiwan as well)..

Putin invaded Ukraine because he thinks America isn't democratic enough! Yep, an evil autocratic sociopath is invading a FAR away country because of the laughable media claim that "republicans are undermining our democracy". That tracks!!! 😁

Nope. Not at all. Since when does calling out corruption in the media equate to supporting Putin? I wish we had a strong president who Putin actually feared! We don't have that, which is why things in Afghanistan and now Ukraine are going so badly.

We have a president who is about as strong against Putin as we should. We don't need a president who would happily have a nuclear showdown. Afghanistan 'went badly' for reasons other than Biden, including trump's utter surrender.

BTW, I knew an old man who was born in Ukraine in the mid 1920s, under Soviet rule, who nearly starved during Stalin's intentional, forced famine in Ukraine(the Holodomor), and watched ALL 4 of his older brothers arrested by Stalin's goons in the middle of the night and taken away, never to be seen or heard from again. Since meeting him in the late 90s, I've been a fan of Ukrainian independence and sovereignty!

Good anecdote. It could go in my 'humanizing Ukranians' thread.

BTW, I knew an old man who was born in Ukraine in the mid 1920s, under Soviet rule, who nearly starved during Stalin's intentional, forced famine in Ukraine(the Holodomor), and watched ALL 4 of his older brothers arrested by Stalin's goons in the middle of the night and taken away, never to be seen or heard from again. Since meeting him in the late 90s, I've been a fan of Ukrainian independence and sovereignty! He died in 2003.
You're trying to shift the blame from the guy you like to the guy you don't.

It's pretty bloody obvious.

That's complete BS, and it's historical revisionist propaganda. His first impeachment was a politically motivated hit job for pointing out the Biden family's collusion and blackmail of Ukraine, when Biden threatened to withhold a billion dollar US grant if the Ukrainian president didn't fire the prosecutor, who was looking into the corrupt Ukrainian oil oligarchy where Hunter Biden was being paid over $50,000 a month to do nothing!
That's a completely false story, long debunked to people who get informed instead of who fall for partisan propaganda lies.

Almost nobody on the right supports Putin for God's sake! I seem to remember some on the left opposing the Iraq war, and I remember a few disingenuous right wing folks calling them "supporters of terrorism". That of course was wrong. But now it's come full circle, and as ALWAYS, the left are using a crisis to FALSELY demonize their political enemies!

Not that I owe you an explanation, but here it is , I HATE Vladimir Putin! I SUPPORT Ukrainian sovereignty, and oppose the invasion! I wish we had a STRONG president, who's mere presence in office would intimidate and prevent Putin from invading!

But instead, we have a weak, corrupt, globalist neo-liberal, who recently BEGGED Putin's biggest ally(Biden's personal benefactor) in the Chinese communist party to reign in Putin. But even that failed.

You're trying to shift the blame from the guy you like to the guy you don't.

It's pretty bloody obvious.
So, opposing Biden and calling out media corruption = "supporting Putin"?

Considering that I support Ukrainian sovereignty and I HATE Putin, I'd normally be offended at your intentional personal insults. But I'm used to hypocrites like you, refusing to ever hold your own party accountable, demonizing anyone who disagrees with you, then absurdly criticizing US for "being hateful"! Before you personally insult someone, or falsely accuse them of being evil, you should clean up your OWN ACT, and stop behaving WORSE than the people you are demonizing!

Back
Top Bottom