• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Many hurt by axeman' on German train

I don't see 2nd amendment folks crying about what you guys go on with every single day. You guys want safety and beat down the very people who volunteer to provide it for you. A few questionable killings sends your side off on the same usual psycho babble every time.

Let me try this one. more. time.

I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT FIREARMS IN THIS THREAD - THAT WAS YOU!!!

A shift to the right due to the failed policies of the left. Voila, the National Front is gaining in France, Brexit for Britain, AfD is gaining support in Germany, and Donald J Trump is going to be our next president of the United States.

We can only pray.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1066100919 said:
Gun control didn't seem to stop him from killing 20 people.

Axe-man didn't kill anybody, but anyway gun control may have prevented him from killing

Last edited:
no...this scary stuff has always gone on. Its just spreading into places where it is getting noticed.

Actually the media is souring the world for these kinds of stories for ratings. But carry on with your panic.

Yep. Ohio. An open-carry state. See how the armed citizenry stopped him? Oh, wait - it was the police and not the armed citizenry? Ah. I see.

and your solution is to disarm everyone so that the chances of an armed killer being stopped goes way down

Mental Illness?
Does this commentary presented in this video meet your criteria of 'mental illness'?

Its rather comical that they TELL you who they are...but you STILL feel the need to rush in to defend them from themselves.

Does this commentary presented in this video meet your criteria of 'mental illness'?

Its rather comical that they TELL you who they are...but you STILL feel the need to rush in to defend them from themselves.

Apologists for Islam just do not seem to get it, do they. There is no such thing as "extreme/radical Islam" and "moderate Islam", there is just Islam. Some Muslims follow Islam as Mohammad dictated, and some don't. If Mohammad were alive today, he would be horrified, he would treat "moderate Muslims" with contempt and state that they are not Muslims. Anyway, no matter how much this truth is told, people choose not to believe it. Why? Because when you recognise there is a problem, you have to do something about it and it is just so much easier to remain blind, allowing one to opt out of doing anything.

Do you know what I want to live to see? I want to live to see progressives/liberals forced to live in a world that they have created. I want to see the looks on their faces when they finally understand what they have created. I want to see them realise that some of us conservatives were right all along and now it's too late to do anything about it. I want to see the horror on their faces when they know that their children and grand children will have to live in the world they have created because they were too damned ignorant, arrogant and condescending to those of us who can visualise the future that is coming and warned them about.

They don't want to see that not all cultures and religions are equal. They look at a video that you posted and will find some excuse, something that they can say that makes them think that there are Muslims who don't believe in what is stated in the Qu'ran and Hadith, who don't believe what Mohammad told them is the law. They can't believe that ordinary Muslims believe in EXACTLY the same things that those who are considered to be "extremists" and the only difference is, that in Muslims countries it's easy to live the live as a Muslim should, and a tad difficult to do so in non-Muslims countries (at the moment).

Apologists for Islam just do not seem to get it, do they. There is no such thing as "extreme/radical Islam" and "moderate Islam", there is just Islam. Some Muslims follow Islam as Mohammad dictated, and some don't. If Mohammad were alive today, he would be horrified, he would treat "moderate Muslims" with contempt and state that they are not Muslims. Anyway, no matter how much this truth is told, people choose not to believe it. Why? Because when you recognise there is a problem, you have to do something about it and it is just so much easier to remain blind, allowing one to opt out of doing anything.

Do you know what I want to live to see? I want to live to see progressives/liberals forced to live in a world that they have created. I want to see the looks on their faces when they finally understand what they have created. I want to see them realise that some of us conservatives were right all along and now it's too late to do anything about it. I want to see the horror on their faces when they know that their children and grand children will have to live in the world they have created because they were too damned ignorant, arrogant and condescending to those of us who can visualise the future that is coming and warned them about.

They don't want to see that not all cultures and religions are equal. They look at a video that you posted and will find some excuse, something that they can say that makes them think that there are Muslims who don't believe in what is stated in the Qu'ran and Hadith, who don't believe what Mohammad told them is the law. They can't believe that ordinary Muslims believe in EXACTLY the same things that those who are considered to be "extremists" and the only difference is, that in Muslims countries it's easy to live the live as a Muslim should, and a tad difficult to do so in non-Muslims countries (at the moment).
I'd like to see them wake up before they have to take a bite out of that **** sandwich they are so intent on creating. But...if anyone has to eat it...I hope they get the first bite.

And that would be rubbish.

In this world hatred ceases not by Hatred. It ceases only by love.

So...in Dallas and in Baton Rouge - both cities being in open-carry states - how'd that work out, with all the civilians who carried guns? They really defended themselves using firepower, huh?

Both shooters are dead. Imagine if the victims weren't armed.

Probably a white Christian female having a bad hair day.
Sure, that's the most likely cause..

One of us is a little confused. You say -
3:31pm - -So if the majority of the citizenry have firearms with little or no regulation, that would result in a peaceful society? Got any stats to prove that? 'Cause there's LOTS of stats showing that populations with lots of firearms tend to be significantly more violent.
Then a minute later you prove yourself wrong.
3:37pm - -And you base that claim on...what, exactly? It's certainly not on the readily-available statistics, since America's homicide and violent-crime stats have fallen precipitously over the past twenty years. Sure, we see all kinds of violence on the news...but if we look at the actual NUMBERS, it's a lot lower than before.
And here you claim that you weren't talking about guns??
6:39pm - Let me try this one. more. time.
I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT FIREARMS IN THIS THREAD - THAT WAS YOU!!!
It looks like you have been talking about guns; although you seem to be on both sides from one minute to the other.

Yeah, and abortion clinic bombers would tell you they're true christians.

And according to their beliefs, they are.

So he is NOT a true representative of a Muslim? The entire crowd is not a true representative of a Muslim?

Its laughable watching people like you see them TELL YOU WHO THEY ARE and then have you tell them "nu UH!!!"

:lamo

Both shooters are dead. Imagine if the victims weren't armed.

Last I recall, police are NORMALLY armed. I asked why it was that the armed citizenry (the civilians, not the cops) in these open-carry states didn't shoot the killer dead.

Come to think of it, exactly how many mass killings have been stopped by armed citizenry (again, NOT cops)? Hm? Just askin'. I do know that the shooter who attacked Gabby Giffords and killed several people there was stopped - not because of armed citizenry, but because he had to stop to reload (and was tackled IIRC).

I don't see 2nd amendment folks crying about what you guys go on with every single day. You guys want safety and beat down the very people who volunteer to provide it for you. A few questionable killings sends your side off on the same usual psycho babble every time.

Sure, that's the most likely cause..

One of us is a little confused. You say -
Then a minute later you prove yourself wrong.

And here you claim that you weren't talking about guns??
It looks like you have been talking about guns; although you seem to be on both sides from one minute to the other.

Yes, you're right - I WAS confused - which isn't hard to do when one is posting several comments on lots of threads on the same day. In the one you're referring to where I said I wasn't talking about firearms, I was referring to my reply to "truthatallcost" when he said this in comment #77:

"I agree. I also believe that Europe and the United States are beginning to resemble those wretched places that people have been fleeing from. Which shows a trend of spreading the misery, rather than ending it."

Okay? Yeah, I got the threads mixed up - that was my mistake. Like most people, I don't like having to admit I was wrong about something...but I'll admit it. This is far from being the first time I admitted I was wrong, and it sure as heck won't be the last time. I am human - and as a human I'm going to be wrong sometimes.

I just wish that certain others would also have the intestinal fortitude to admit when they're wrong. I learned a long time ago to be very wary of those who were unable to admit when they made a simple mistake, or when they were flat wrong about something.

Last I recall, police are NORMALLY armed. I asked why it was that the armed citizenry (the civilians, not the cops) in these open-carry states didn't shoot the killer dead.

You tell me. How many of the BLM protestors were open carry and willing to come to the aid of those police officers?

Come to think of it, exactly how many mass killings have been stopped by armed citizenry (again, NOT cops)? Hm? Just askin'. I do know that the shooter who attacked Gabby Giffords and killed several people there was stopped - not because of armed citizenry, but because he had to stop to reload (and was tackled IIRC).

How many happened in the presence of citizens with guns? Feel free to answer your own question, though.

when the killers are stopped quickly, their crimes never rack up enough victims to be called "mass killings". But you knew that

Back
Top Bottom