• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Many Evangelicals say they won't be vaccinated against Covid-19. Some experts say distrust and misinformation have played a role

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/14/us/covid-vaccine-evangelicals/index.html

At Pastor Tony Spell's Sunday sermon this week, he preached a different kind of message than usual to his congregants: Don't trust Covid-19 vaccines.
"I'll just tell you today, if being anti-mask and anti-vaccine is anti-government, then I'm proud to be anti-government," Spell, who has made a national name for himself protesting Covid-19 rules in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, told Life Tabernacle Church congregants.

The anti-Covid vaccine sentiment among Evangelicals is fed by a mixture of distrust in government, ignorance about how vaccines work, misinformation and political identity, some experts say.

Among Republicans, White Evangelical Christians are more likely than other religious groups to believe in certain conspiracy theories, according to a study by the conservative American Enterprise Institute.
"There is a tendency within White Christian nationalism, to want to believe these kinds of conspiracies, because I think it reinforces this idea of an us versus them," Perry said. "The problem is, the people who are feeding that fear, have an incentive to keep stoking that fear because people keep clicking, and people keep listening."

The piece of shit pastor in the video telling his followers that he's a "Prophet" and not to get vaccinated, both of his parents contracted the disease and luckily survived, He also has an elderly grandparent that was smart enough to get a vaccine that he adamantly opposed. This dipshit has a serious Jim Jones quality to him, ****ing scary..
1618530883787.png

Can anyone explain why the USA seems to have more than its fair share of stupid and ignorant people?

We have our share of them here in Canada, too. My MPP (Member of Provincial Parliament) holds protests against masks and shutdowns. Google "Randy Hillier" to see what a jackass he is.

Back
Top Bottom