• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Manning's letter to Obama requesting a pardon.

Look, I don't despise Bradley Manning because he is gay; I don't give a shyt about that and if you read my posts you'll know that. Don't assume that I despise him because of his sexual orientation...I despise him for being a turd and leaking all that classified info; something for which he has been tried and found guilty off.

The fact that he wants to change his name and gender is just a publicity stunt in my opinion; I don't care if he actually does go through with such a change, so long as taxpayer dollars don't foot the bill, but until them he will remain Bradley.

You can take whatever opinion you want, but I am not joining your hate. You can make all the excuses you want, but I don't have to. You can think chelsea is a traitor, but I think she is a lot braver than you could ever hope to be, and she has done more for this country's people than you can ever hope to do. She did what a person who sees their country doing desperate immoral acts shoul;d do and let the people know about their government's secret killings of innocents, children, and rescue workers, while getting a sick twisted laugh at the expense of the dead. Chelsea has much more going for her in a moral and courageous sense than any of the turds in that helicopter shooting reporters, children, unarmed people, and the rescue workers that came to save them. If your sort of hero is some guys in a chopper killing unartmed innocents and rescue workers from a distance while laughing like a sick POS then that is your choice. I will back the person who chose not to let it pass in secrecy. There was only one reason to classify that info, and it was not to protect america's safety from the terrorist, it was to protect the american military and it's commanders from the fallout from their people. The only thing chelsea did that was wrong was to overestimate your honor and integrity and how you would not stand up and demand punishment for the people who acted on your behalf and violated everything you claim to stand for.

I sure as hell don't want my personal security to depend upon the judgments of Bradley Manning.

It did depend on Manning and his co-workers. Now it is in the hands of his replacement and their co-workers..

And again I ask, "who are you to determine what shall be secret and what not?"

Your contempt for democracy is noted.

Who are you to determine what shall be secret and what not? Who are the people that determine what shall be secret and what not and why should I trust them? If they are not my elected representatives, then my interests are not being represented, and as a taxpayer I am being cheated.

LOL...

He includes the liberal fantasy of naming real discrimination, McCarthyism. McCarthy was only after government traitors, and Project Venona vindicated McCarthy when it was declassified in the 90's.
Historical revisionism... Tsk tsk... :doh

Who are you to determine what shall be secret and what not? Who are the people that determine what shall be secret and what not and why should I trust them? If they are not my elected representatives, then my interests are not being represented, and as a taxpayer I am being cheated.

YOUR elected government made the laws that allow for such classifications to exists; this isn't a direct democracy so you have to say so directly but am sure your congressional representatives would love to hear from you.

The Founders held it in contempt. Read up on it sometime. Again, we do not now, nor have we ever had a democracy. We have a democratic republic, which is a very different thing.

As I've said before, a very good real-life example of a democracy is a gang rape. One vote for the victim, and one vote for each of the assailants.

=========================================================================================================================================================
“It had been observed that a pure democracy if it were practicable would be the most perfect government. Experience had proved that no position is more false than this. The ancient democracies in which the people themselves deliberated never possessed one good feature of government. Their very character was tyranny; their figure deformity.”
Alexander Hamilton June 21, 1788

Why Our Founders Feared a Democracy

The Founding Fathers Rejected Democracy | Liberty Under Fire

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself."
John Adams

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
Benjamin Franklin
=========================================================================================================================================================

I'm as qualified of Bradley Manning. Decisions like that are what we elect the Help for. See?

Back
Top Bottom