• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Manitoba Proud Boys Disband following Jan 6 Violence

OlNate

Shameless Canuck
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I'm a silver linings kind of guy. As we wring our hands with concern for our friends to the south, as they attempt to put out their dumpster fire, we have something to be grateful for in the North, as numerous Proud Boys chapters #walkaway.

Not sure whether to celebrate a "coming to Jesus" moment for these folks, or simply the sight of rats leaving a sinking ship, but either way we are looking a little more Canadian as a result. Here's hoping more conservative populist minded Canadians take note - especially the politicians. As bad as some of us may think we have it, America has shown us that it can get much much worse. Here's hoping their cautionary tale sinks the **** in.

OlNate:

I guess they're not so "Proud" now.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

OlNate:

I guess they're not so "Proud" now.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Yeah, this looks good on the pricks.

It's likely only a temporary victory, though ... they're talking about rebranding. Hopefully they learned something in the process.

They will rebrand.
The only way people like this learn anything is when they meet a superior force and lose. Even then, they still may not.

I'm a silver linings kind of guy. As we wring our hands with concern for our friends to the south, as they attempt to put out their dumpster fire, we have something to be grateful for in the North, as numerous Proud Boys chapters #walkaway.

Not sure whether to celebrate a "coming to Jesus" moment for these folks, or simply the sight of rats leaving a sinking ship, but either way we are looking a little more Canadian as a result. Here's hoping more conservative populist minded Canadians take note - especially the politicians. As bad as some of us may think we have it, America has shown us that it can get much much worse. Here's hoping their cautionary tale sinks the **** in.
They are going for rebrand - right?

They are going for rebrand - right?

That's what I've heard....hopefully they use the opportunity to walk back some of their more unpalatable rhetoric. In my opinion, you can be a tough guy patriot without being a racist douchebag. Would be nice to see them focus their efforts on something that doesn't give them outcast status.

What, did they have 6 guys show up during those Manitoba meetings anyways?

That's what I've heard....hopefully they use the opportunity to walk back some of their more unpalatable rhetoric. In my opinion, you can be a tough guy patriot without being a racist douchebag. Would be nice to see them focus their efforts on something that doesn't give them outcast status.
Right was referring to this - oops on my part - as they will always be RYNJs/WS and such - changing the name means nothing

They ain't going away, they ain't changing and a security threat- my opinion

What, did they have 6 guys show up during those Manitoba meetings anyways?

hehe... not sure, man, not really my scene. Enough that Canada is only considering designating them as a terrorist organization....soooo, more than 6, less than a million. lol

Right was referring to this - oops on my part - as they will always be RYNJs/WS and such - changing the name means nothing

They ain't going away, they ain't changing and a security threat- my opinion

Yeah, I'm not a fan, but hope springs eternal....lol...people tell me I'm a dumbass for that, but **** living in a world without it, you know? I prefer to judge in hindsight. In the meantime, I'm sure they're on every list, and being watched closely.

Awwww, their mums will be so disappointed to have them back at home all day long

Back
Top Bottom