• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Manhunt underway for suspect in north Phoenix officer-involved shooting

Common Sense 1

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
It's been a violent year for the Phoenix police dept. The officer shot is a 20 year veteran, a mom and wife.

Manhunt underway for suspect in north Phoenix officer-involved shooting​

PHOENIX - A Phoenix police officer was shot at a convenience store near Cave Creek and Beardsley Roads and the search for a suspect continues.

Police say the accused shooter's vehicle was located, but the suspect is still on the run.

Shooting happened at convenience store​

Officers say they responded to a domestic violence call near 27th Avenue and Beardsley Road. At a convenience store, they said a woman called them, saying she went to the gas station to meet with officers and talk to them about the situation because she was too scared to meet at her home.

Soon after, officers say the suspect pulled up to the gas station, fired multiple rounds, striking one of them -- a veteran with over 20 years of service, a wife and mother.

The officer is in critical condition.

"Please keep the officer in your prayers," said officials with the Phoenix Law Enforcement Association.

Police Chief: I'm angry, I'm tired, and I'm frustrated​

"I've had eight officers shot and 13 injured during the four critical incidents that we've had in the last four months," said Chief Williams.

1649974402757.png
A mugshot released by Phoenix Police of a man they believe is involved in a shooting that left an officer seriously injured. (Courtesy: Phoenix Police Department)

It's a dangerous job, especially in Phoenix with so many people packin. I hope they catch him, he looks nasty.

Back
Top Bottom