• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Manhattan DA Says New Evidence Found in Trump Case, Case is Not Closed

The AntiDonald

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I never really thought it was closed. That was all wishful thinking on the Trumper fans. We'll have to watch this again. I am sure Trump is not happy to hear this.

Last edited:
Bragg suddenly realized just how bad that looked. Wonder if he gave back the money?

Trump will be under investigation by some NY DA or other long after he's rotting in his grave. It's called hate prosecution.

You'll get that wascally wabbit this time!

I dunno what went on with the earlier decision but it was more than a little suspicious.
You're a lawyer. You guys never disagree over whether you've got the goods on a case? To me, it seemed more like 2 very involved prosecutors defending their evidence but others not so sure. Add to that disagreement that this new DA boss of theirs has an agenda to stop prosecuting some crimes, and you've got a perfect storm of outrage by two old war horses against a progressive new whippersnapper. I mean, yeah, it could have been a bribe, but what's more likely?

You're a lawyer. You guys never disagree over whether you've got the goods on a case? To me, it seemed more like 2 very involved prosecutors defending their evidence but others not so sure. Add to that disagreement that this new DA boss of theirs has an agenda to stop prosecuting some crimes, and you've got a perfect storm of outrage by two old war horses against a progressive new whippersnapper. I mean, yeah, it could have been a bribe, but what's more likely?

Two prosecutors on the case resigning with that kind of fiery letter is... well I've certainly never seen or heard about it. Maybe it's happened before.

I'm not banking on bribe, but it was weird. They may very well have closed off one avenue of investigation. They may also have political calculations they would not have if it was some poor black dude re: ramifications of losing. I don't know. I can't know without seeing everything they saw.

Weirdness breeds suspicion. 🤷

This article says nothing about any new evidence either.

But it also adds this remark by Trump:

“I’ve been investigated by the Democrats more than Billy the Kid, Jesse James, and Al Capone, combined,” Trump said in a statement.

AP: Manhattan DA: Trump criminal investigation is continuing

Maybe that wasn't the wisest choice of names for Mr Trump to be comparing himself to, seeing as how all of them were guilty.

Or then, maybe in reality it actually was, in the interest of accuracy. (Rather out of character for him.)

Back
Top Bottom