• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Manhattan DA appears to be returning evidence in the trump case.

Gateman_Wen

Official disruptive influence
Banned
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I'm still wondering how much he was paid tp drop the case, considering the text of the prosecutors resignation letter.

I'm still wondering how much he was paid tp drop the case, considering the text of the prosecutors resignation letter.

Maybe. More likely this is just a disagreement between lawyers over who will win a case. Naturally, the prosecutors think they've got it. The new DA isn't the only one who questions if they had enough.

Maybe. More likely this is just a disagreement between lawyers over who will win a case. Naturally, the prosecutors think they've got it. The new DA isn't the only one who questions if they had enough.
To be fair though, there are some who would question the lack of evidence for a crime if Trump went to the press to publicly admit to it.

To be fair though, there are some who would question the lack of evidence for a crime if Trump went to the press to publicly admit to it.
The new DA seems to be politically on the other end of the spectrum from Trump.

Call us when that happens.

I hear he's shooting people on 5th avenue.

And you guys are still looking for the bodies.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

There's a mystery around the terrible injustice from that new DA.

Call us when that happens.

I hear he's shooting people on 5th avenue.

And you guys are still looking for the bodies.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

All the culted need to know is Trump went to DC "to work for them," but the Deep State "stole" the presidency from him!
-snip-
"The mere sending of a letter from Roy Cohn has saved us a lot of money," says builder Donald Trump. "When people know that Roy is involved, they'd rather not get involved in the lawsuits and everything else that's involved." .."

Roy Cohn Remembered By Friends and Foes | AP News​

https://apnews.com › ...

Aug 4, 1986 — Cohn died six weeks after he was disbarred for dishonesty, fraud, deceit and misrepresentation by a New York State appellate court. The judges ...

The Final Lesson Donald Trump Never Learned From Roy Cohn

https://www.politico.com › story › 2019/09/19 › roy-co...
Sep 19, 2019 — Buckley and others, testified on Cohn's behalf as a character witness. But in late June, Cohn was disbarred. His conduct, according to the top ...

Georgia district attorney calls for FBI security help after Trump's rally comments​

January 31, 2022
"...If these radical, vicious, racist prosecutors do anything wrong or illegal, I hope we are going to have in this country the biggest protests we have ever had in Washington, D.C., in New York, in Atlanta and elsewhere, because our country and our elections are corrupt. They're trying to put me in jail. These prosecutors are vicious, horrible people. They're racists and they're very sick. They're mentally sick. They're going after me without any protection of my rights by the Supreme Court or most other courts."

FBI Released Report From Trump's Housing Discrimination ...

https://www.businessinsider.com › Politics
Feb 15, 2017 — A civil-rights lawsuit brought by the Justice Department against Donald Trump and his father Fred Trump in 1973 claimed that African-Americans ...

Link to cached page of January 23, 2016 article,
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/inside-the-governments-racial-bias-case-against-donald-trumps-company-and-how-he-fought-it/2016/01/23/fb90163e-bfbe-11e5-bcda-62a36b394160_story.html
Inside the government’s racial bias case against Donald Trump’s company, and how he fought it

"..The Trumps retained Roy Cohn, ... Cohn portrayed the Trumps as the victims and counter-sued the government, demanding it pay them $100 million for falsely accusing them of discrimination."

Last edited:
Is Donald Trump talking?

Just one passage from Pomerantz's resignation letter:

To the extent you have raised issues as to the legal and factual sufficiency of our case and the likelihood that a prosecution would succeed, I and others have advised you that we have evidence sufficient to establish Mr. Trump’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, and we believe that the prosecution would prevail if charges were brought and the matter were tried to an impartial jury. No case is perfect. Whatever the risks of bringing the case may be, I am convinced that a failure to prosecute will pose much greater risks in terms of public confidence in the fair administration of justice. As I have suggested to you, respect for the rule of law, and the need to reinforce the bedrock proposition that “no man is above the law,” require that this prosecution be brought even if a conviction is not certain.

Cowardice rather than corruption seems to me the best diagnosis of Manhattan DA Bragg's decision to drop the case.

I'm not saying he or his family were threatened, but it's New York. It's not out of the question.

This is an obscenity and a stain on the Manhattan DA's Office that will simply never be wiped clean.

DA's offices are where you expect to find aggressive prosecutors that will not be reluctant to Indict even if they don't have an ironclad case. Its DOJ where you find prosecutors that proceed cautiously and where the bar for Indictment is so high that successful prosecution is just about guaranteed at Indictment. The new Manhattan DA took over an office that had solid, experienced, prosecutors running the Trump Org and Trump Tax and Insurance fraud case and volumes of damning evidence including the Tax Accounting firm washing their hands of Trump's tax documents calling them records that could "no longer be relied upon".

So far the new DA has not even come up with a rational for not proceeding. If he has future political ambitions I would ram this mess down his throat from now to infinity.

Just one passage from Pomerantz's resignation letter:
-snip-
Cowardice rather than corruption seems to me the best diagnosis of Manhattan DA Bragg's decision to drop the case.

I'm not saying he or his family were threatened, but it's New York. It's not out of the question.

Donald Trump's bodyguard tied to figure in Russia probe

Sep 21, 2017 — "During the same period as Kerik's legal woes, Sater was a government informant. He also became a top executive at the real estate company ..."

From the first of two new posts on my blog entry, "Who the **** is Donald J Front Man?"

So, how strong is the irresistible attraction to Trump? We know it is strong enough to defy reason and support for the United States' constitution and U.S. national security. Is there any limit at all to the attraction to Trump?

https://webcache.googleusercontent....ction/+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=opera

The Roger Stone tapes​

Previously unseen documentary footage shows the longtime Trump adviser working to overturn the 2020 election and, after the Jan. 6 riot, secure pardons for the former president’s supporters​

March 4, 2022

On Jan. 15, Stone told the filmmakers he endorsed a proposal — one that was then not publicly known — for Trump to install Jeffrey Clark, a loyal senior Justice Department official, as attorney general. Stone outlined a scenario in which Trump would order acting attorney general Jeffrey A. Rosen to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Biden. When Rosen refused, Stone said, Trump would oust him and appoint Clark.

“Clark, I think, would carry out the order of the commander in chief,” Stone told the filmmakers. News that Trump had indeed considered replacing Rosen with Clark was made public a week later.

Stone’s pardon wish list also included Michael Sessa and Victor Orena, former members of the Colombo crime family serving life sentences for murder and racketeering convictions in the 1990s. Their attorney, David I. Schoen, has also represented Stone.
Schoen told Stone in a text exchange on Jan. 18 that Trump had called him again but was hesitant to commit to pardons. “He started to go down that road, but stopped,” Schoen wrote, adding that Trump “sees he is stymied by cip,” referring to Cipollone.

Stone’s top priority was protection for himself and Kerik, who had been previously pardoned by Trump for felonies including tax fraud before he worked on the effort to overturn the election..."

Link to cached page of his article,

https://webcache.googleusercontent....340711+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=opera

Bernard Kerik's troubling ties: Links to company in mobster ...

Dec 12, 2004 — When he headed the city's jails, Bernard Kerik became deeply entangled with a ... including one to cover the massive Fresh Kills landfill.

Trump pardoned Kerik. Kerik subsequently worked "the war room" at the Willard Hotel.

Continued....

Last edited:
We should all agree trump is a cohn man.

New DA comes in and prosecutors resign, explicitly protesting that they very much can prove their case beyond a reasonable dbout.

This is all normal.

Actually, that's the thing. Idiom aside, it is all normal in a country that worships money above all else for the rich and connected to skate.

New DA comes in and prosecutors resign, explicitly protesting that they very much can prove their case beyond a reasonable dbout.

This is all normal.

Actually, that's the thing. Idiom aside, it is all normal in a country that worships money above all else for the rich and connected to skate.
"Oh my
Life has passed me by
The country I was brought up in
Fell apart and died..."

Trump campaign bodyguard linked to ex-con who’s key in Russia probes​

BY BEN WIEDER AND KEVIN G. HALL
khall@mcclatchydc.com
SEPTEMBER 21, 2017
"
WASHINGTON - Another connection has emerged between Donald Trump and Felix Sater, the Russian emigre and ex-con who's become a key figure in widening investigations into ties between Trump associates and Russian figures.
Trump plays down his relationship with Sater, despite growing evidence of links between the two, including recently published emails detailing how Sater worked with a top Trump Organization lawyer on a planned Moscow property deal as late as 2016, during the presidential campaign.
McClatchy’s investigation now shows that a trusted Trump security aide hired in 2015 had intimate knowledge that Sater, twice convicted, had a criminal past and underworld connections.

Before he became Trump’s bodyguard, Gary Uher was an FBI agent involved in a complex deal to bring Sater back from Russia in the late 1990s. The resulting plea deal allowed Sater to avoid prison time in a Wall Street probe by serving as a government informant until his sentencing in 2009. During much of the time that he was a secret informant, Sater was a Trump Organization business associate, working on projects in New York, Florida and Arizona...
...FBI veterans loosely divide agents into two categories: the brainy, whose talents tend toward pursuing paper trails, and the brawny, who prefer to be out on the street and can be more inclined to be part of a security detail. Tall, thick and imposing, Uher fell into the latter category. ...Recent court documents obtained by McClatchy show that Uher, after leaving the bureau, was referred to the Trump Organization in 2015 by Bernard Kerik, ... imprisoned in 2010 after pleading guilty to tax fraud and making false statements in a federal bribery probe.... Uher said in a court deposition that he and Kerik had known each other since the early 1980s in New Jersey, when Kerik trained Uher in the Passaic County Sheriff’s Department.
While Sater was in Russia, New York City police stumbled on a Manhattan storage locker belonging to him that held weapons and documents revealing details of the stock manipulation scheme. And that’s where Uher and Sater’s lives seem to have first intersected.
As an FBI agent, Uher worked closely with a government informant named Lawrence Ray. In a 2000 affidavit, Ray said he was dispatched to Russia by the FBI to lure Sater home. McClatchy has corroborated much of what Ray testified to in the affidavit. A convict who has served prison time, Ray had business interests in Russia. He was eventually charged in the same investigation that swept up Sater and associates. ..."

From my last post, attempt by Stone to obtain preemptive pardons, IOW, second round of Trump pardons for both men!
"Stone’s top priority was protection for himself and Kerik,
who had been previously pardoned by Trump for felonies including tax fraud before he worked on the effort to overturn the election..."

Continued in my next post....

continued from my last post,

Is it possible D.A. Bragg views "the relationships" between organized crime, Russians, Trump, Giuliani, former NYPD Commissioner Kerik, and several federal agencies as too "complicated", i.e., compromised, to potentially air in open court or present to a jury? Isn't that the gist of Trump's M.O., an openness deception, a never ending barrage of bullshit interlaced with open, brazen, criminality? See, "the Big Lie".

Link to cached page of this article,
https://webcache.googleusercontent....340711+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=opera

December 12, 2004
"..Shortly after hiring Ray, Interstate hired Kerik's brother, Don,
to run a dirt and stone transfer station on Staten Island, DiTomasso told investigators.
The city Conflicts of Interest Board forbids city officials from using their offices to help relatives or those with whom they have financial relationships.
At the time, Ray and another Kerik pal had just finished bankrolling Kerik's wedding reception. The News requested an interview with Kerik on Dec. 2 to discuss Ray, Interstate and other issues. He never responded.
Charges that Interstate, based in Clifton, N.J., is controlled by organized crime resurfaced last month when a mob turncoat, Anthony Rotondo, testified in Manhattan Federal Court that Interstate paid protection money to the Gambino crime family.
"They were able to use nonunion labor," Rotondo said. "They saved a lot of money."

The company first raised regulators' eyebrows when it bought a dirt transfer station from Edward Garafola, a notorious mobster and brother-in-law to mob turncoat Salvatore (Sammy Bull) Gravano, according to the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, which investigated the deal..."

ADAM KLASFELD Mar 28th, 2022,
"Unlike Ray’s other alleged victims, Felicia Rosario was not a Sarah Lawrence College student. The Ivy League scholar matriculated first at Harvard University and then Columbia Medical School. Other witnesses testified that she wore the emblems of those schools with pride.
....A prior witness testified that Ray cut up Rosario’s treasured sweatshirts with scissors. She testified that Ray drove her to attempt suicide, urged her to have sex with strangers, estranged her from her siblings and provoked her to write a letter asking her alma mater to revoke her medical degree. It is unclear whether the missive was sent.
Ray now stands accused of 17 federal crimes, including racketeering, sex trafficking, forced labor, extortion and other offenses..."

Last edited:
The new DA seems to be politically on the other end of the spectrum from Trump.
Bragg? Yeah...that's evident by his criminal coddling agenda that we all heard about when he took office

Back
Top Bottom