• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mandating COVID-19 Vaccination

grip

Slow 🅖 Hand
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I believe if the vaccine(s) isn't free, easily available, and efficacious, there will be a challenge in encouraging near-total compliance.

Fauci says he does not see US mandating COVID-19 vaccination for general public | TheHill

Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious diseases expert, said Tuesday he doesn't see the U.S. mandating a COVID-19 vaccine.

Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, noted that some workplaces, particularly those in health care fields, might prevent employees from coming to work or interacting with patients if they haven’t been vaccinated for the flu.

While no vaccine has been approved yet by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), experts are already grappling with how to convince the American public to get vaccinated.

A Gallup poll released earlier this month found 1 in 3 Americans would not get a COVID-19 vaccine available today if it were free and approved by the FDA.

This would be another reason for TrumpQins to threaten a civil war. Liberate Stupidity.

Can’t get people to wear a mask, you think they will agree to getting a shot or pill?

I believe if the vaccine(s) isn't free, easily available, and efficacious, there will be a challenge in encouraging near-total compliance.

Your quote outlines the only thing I care about, which is that people in certain jobs should absolutely be required to take the vaccine as a condition of employment. Healthcare workers, and those working in assisted living/nursing homes are good examples. I'd also be OK (depending on the safety and efficacy data) for schools to require vaccinations for COVID like they do for other infectious diseases.

As to other adults, a lot will depend on the early data on the vaccine. If it's effective and safe, I'd think many employers in service areas especially would require the vaccine, both because COVID will cost a lot to treat for those who get bad cases, and I don't think businesses will believe it to be profitable to be the source of an outbreak with an infected employee who didn't get vaccinated.

Last edited:

Why give people a choice? Since it's in the national interest to have people vaccinated then shouldn't president Biden, being the only person capable of putting an end to this global catastrophe, just mandate vaccinations and enforce the mandate by whatever means necessary? I mean, that's what would be best for America, right?

Why give people a choice? Since it's in the national interest to have people vaccinated then shouldn't president Biden, being the only person capable of putting an end to this global catastrophe, just mandate vaccinations and enforce the mandate by whatever means necessary? I mean, that's what would be best for America, right?

Needs congress for that. And about two decades of wrangling in the courts.

GOP members may need a period of adjustment after Trump leaves office, to get used to the idea that there is more than one branch of government.

Can't we just dab a drop of your blood behind each ear? You've got the antibodies.

He's not capable of that - no one is. What he should be able to do, however, is improve on Trump's failed response, and utter lack of leadership. It's a low bar....in the dirt actually.

Sure... let's also mandate everything else deemed in the National Interest.

Slaves are great at doing what they are told to do when it will be enforced by any means necessary.

They aren't, at least not for civilians. But your kid isn't going to school without them.

Except they did...

Your quote outlines the only thing I care about, which is that people in certain jobs should absolutely be required to take the vaccine as a condition of employment. Healthcare workers, and those working in assisted living/nursing homes are good examples. I'd also be OK (depending on the safety and efficacy data) for schools to require vaccinations for COVID like they do for other infectious diseases.

As to other adults, a lot will depend on the early data on the vaccine. If it's effective and safe, I'd think many employers in service areas especially would require the vaccine, both because COVID will cost a lot to treat for those who get bad cases, and I don't think businesses will believe it to be profitable to be the source of an outbreak with an infected employee who didn't get vaccinated.

I think employers requiring vaccinations are the closest we can come to a mandatory requirement. Once people realize it's better than precautions, like masks and social distancing, and will eventually allow things back to normal, there should be a general consensus by the population to get the shot.

Needs congress for that. And about two decades of wrangling in the courts.

GOP members may need a period of adjustment after Trump leaves office, to get used to the idea that there is more than one branch of government.

****. Trump is the asshole of the world because he didn't mandate a national shutdown or whatever and he directly caused the death of a couple hundred thousand Americans but Biden can't or shouldn't do that kind of stuff.

It's no wonder nobody other than other left wingers takes the left seriously.

****. Trump is the asshole of the world because he didn't mandate a national shutdown or whatever and he directly caused the death of a couple hundred thousand Americans but Biden can't or shouldn't do that kind of stuff.

You didn't expect fairness or parity or anything, did you?

That train left the station in 2015.

You didn't expect fairness or parity or anything, did you?

That train left the station in 2015.

It left the station in 2005. Since then it has turned down a 8% grade, been lit on fire and swapped out brakes for ball bearings.

It left the station in 2005. Since then it has turned down a 8% grade, been lit on fire and swapped out brakes for ball bearings.

I'm okay with that.

It's amazing how easy it is to debate when you make up positions no one advances, then attack those made up positions! It's a wonder why no one takes you seriously.....:confused:

What's amazing with COVID is Trump had the easiest job possible. Ask his experts what to do, do that. Ask them what to tell the public - say that. He'd be a hero cruising to reelection. That advice very likely would NOT include a national shutdown, but you know that.

It's amazing how easy it is to debate when you make up positions no one advances, then attack those made up positions! It's a wonder why no one takes you seriously.....:confused:

What's amazing with COVID is Trump had the easiest job possible. Ask his experts what to do, do that. Ask them what to tell the public - say that. He'd be a hero cruising to reelection. That advice very likely would NOT include a national shutdown, but you know that.

Trump is incapable of taking advice. He's a piss-poor leader.

Not only did he ask the experts but he also followed their advice. The left, however, has a completely different narrative of things because their entire MO is to find fault with absolutely everything Trump does or says. The left actually ridiculed Trump for pardoning Susan B Anthony!

Not only did he ask the experts but he also followed their advice. The left, however, has a completely different narrative of things because their entire MO is to find fault with absolutely everything Trump does or says. The left actually ridiculed Trump for pardoning Susan B Anthony!

Yeah, like when he held that rally inside, with they HOPED 20,000 people jammed elbow to elbow, 100s of thousands more outside, and in an alternate venue, virtually no masks, and the campaign tore down the social distancing stickers. It was a How-To on how to spread COVID to as many as possible in a single afternoon, so it's what the experts advised, but the opposite.

Etc.

So you're not serious, or aren't paying attention, and that's why no one is paying attention to your opinions.

Yeah, like when he held that rally inside, with they HOPED 20,000 people jammed elbow to elbow, 100s of thousands more outside, and in an alternate venue, virtually no masks, and the campaign tore down the social distancing stickers. It was a How-To on how to spread COVID to as many as possible in a single afternoon, so it's what the experts advised, but the opposite.

Etc.

So you're not serious, or aren't paying attention, and that's why no one is paying attention to your opinions.

The rally wasn't a mandate and people were free to attend that just as much as they were free to attend the protests, riots, arson sprees and hate marches that preceded the rally.

So if Trump is elected.. are you fine with Trump and republicans mandating the vaccine from Russia... Putin says its great...

Please answer. If Trump mandated that you take the vaccine developed in Russia (after being fast tracked through the FDA approval of course).. would you be fine with it.?

Back
Top Bottom