• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mandalorean Actor dropped because MAGA

I think a lot of people also forget that principles are also a thing. And one of them should be the most reprimand-free world from opinions others dislike cos a free, democratic society must tolerate deeply infuriating opinions for free exchange to happen and to actually achieve shit and move society forwards (Darwins theory of evolution was deeply offensive to most religious people at the time for example) And not only because in a lot of stuff there might be (emphazis on "might be") a cornel of truth (you never know until you HEAR somebody out) but also because otherwise you would let anybody decide one a whim what is acceptable and what isn't and that usually involves powerful people whos personal opinions are not gonna be the same.

I am sure a lot of lefties did not like Glenn Beck for example, fireing Tomi Lahren over her Pro-Choice comments... I ASK you: Do you really think anybody should jut decide willy nilly what is acceptable and what isn't? Who makes the standarts? WHO would YOU trust to be so incredibly wise and brilliant to know that?
[/QUOTE

Unbelievable BUT free speech away you toulk this

Not lesbians specifically, but Ben is an Orthodox Jew and believes homosexuality is a “sin” and refuses to support it. See the Ben Shapiro/ Dave Rubins Wedding story. Anyway, that was a snipe at the end to see how much attention you were paying. I’m glad you came back! Shall I set up the board?
There is no board to set up.
You're also implying that Ben Shapiro has not been supportive of women in general, not just lesbians. And even with his religion as a factor, he's not actually acted in a detrimental manner towards such groups. Save for the far more disruptive ones at the very least. So his personal/spiritual beliefs only impact himself at this point.

Free Speech is to be defended

There was no mention of the holocaust. She spoke specifically of the period before any of that occurred.

So the government is sending thugs to beat Conservatives in the streets?

Will you find any leftists who claim not to be rapists defending rape? Because I can point to quite a few conservatives who claim to not be white supremacists who defend white supremacy.
Given the number of them that were suddenly okay with Biden being accused of rape, while having frothed at the mouth about Trump for the same thing, merely a few months prior. Something tells me that both our examples would be highly suspect to interpretation.

as hitchute s

So the government is sending thugs to beat Conservatives in the streets?
Given that this kind of thing has been going on for a long time. Even before Maxine Waters told her supporters to harass anyone who was in or supported Trump's administration.

It never had to be someone directly in government to begin with. Just someone with any measure of power to their name.

There is no board to set up.
You're also implying that Ben Shapiro has not been supportive of women in general, not just lesbians. And even with his religion as a factor, he's not actually acted in a detrimental manner towards such groups. Save for the far more disruptive ones at the very least. So his personal/spiritual beliefs only impact himself at this point.

Glad you came back. I’m liking you. The chess board is a metaphor. Sorry, I’m a writer too, as well as being a nosy pain in the “let’s parse your actual meaning out of this statement” kinda pit bull. <<< that’s a metaphor too, in case you were thinking I thought I was a dog.

Anyway, you’re probably right about Ben, but he is also doing a Schtick and playing a role which is good for his brand. He may or may not believe it, either fully or partially, but neither of us would know much of anything about him beyond his public persona. Well, unless you know him personally. I don’t.

Back to your comment that made me notice you and start this whole game (again, a metaphor):

You claimed that the actress was essentially just telling the truth. That conservatives were being treated closely (I think that was your word) to how she said they were. Well, she said that being a conservative these days was almost like being a Jew during the Holocaust. And I said: the comparison is not even in the same universe.

okay, your move (one more time: a metaphor)

Given the number of them that were suddenly okay with Biden being accused of rape, while having frothed at the mouth about Trump for the same thing, merely a few months prior. Something tells me that both our examples would be highly suspect to interpretation.
Can’t argue with that. Although two wrongs don’t make a right. They make the bulk of Washington DC<<< ha ha, a dad joke. My kids are right about me.

go and read her quotes. She did say Holocaust. That was just the latest in a long line of “if I work for Disney, I should probably keep these opinions to myself” things she said. Shame, I liked her character.
Maybe you can post what you saw. It's not in anything I've seen reported.

Glad you came back. I’m liking you. The chess board is a metaphor. Sorry, I’m a writer too, as well as being a nosy pain in the “let’s parse your actual meaning out of this statement” kinda pit bull. <<< that’s a metaphor too, in case you were thinking I thought I was a dog.

Anyway, you’re probably right about Ben, but he is also doing a Schtick and playing a role which is good for his brand. He may or may not believe it, either fully or partially, but neither of us would know much of anything about him beyond his public persona. Well, unless you know him personally. I don’t.

Back to your comment that made me notice you and start this whole game (again, a metaphor):

You claimed that the actress was essentially just telling the truth. That conservatives were being treated closely (I think that was your word) to how she said they were. Well, she said that being a conservative these days was almost like being a Jew during the Holocaust. And I said: the comparison is not even in the same universe.

okay, your move (one more time: a metaphor)

I don't actually see her mention the holocaust, though I do know that she brought up the government's treatment/depiction of Jews.
Being that her Instagram post went as such:
"Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors... even by children... Because history is edited, most people today don't realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views?"

She isn't exactly wrong, especially with how many on the democrats side of the isle. Going all the way back to even before 2016, were trying to force the view of republicans as Nazi sympathizers or some other abhorrent visualization.

Except a lot of the neighbors of Jews in Germany were nazi's, especially the children as they were part of the hitler youth.

And for the nazi's it was not their faith that was an issue, it was that they were of a lesser/throw away race who influenced the powers that be and caused all kinds of bad things for the superior German people.

And current prejudice by the lefties? Have you heard the right talk about the left 🤣 Both are equally prejudiced against each other. the problem for some rightist is that they make comments that just don't pass muster anymore. "The left" does not gain power because you cannot win power by getting someone like Carano fired. The problems the right has is that their citizens united victory has given companies the power to be politically active and the poor workers protection gives companies the power to fire people real easy.

Nobody is going to get cancelled if they say to their neighbor the story that Carano got fired for. But with the power of social media it changes the game. If you make comments that can be misunderstood (based party on a history that is not free from "controversy") or are just not acceptable to many people, you risk cancelling yourself and that is what happened here. She cancelled her career at Disney by making those comments.

I couldn’t make out if you were claiming
Except a lot of the neighbors of Jews in Germany were nazi's, especially the children as they were part of the hitler youth.

And for the nazi's it was not their faith that was an issue, it was that they were of a lesser/throw away race who influenced the powers that be and caused all kinds of bad things for the superior German people.

And current prejudice by the lefties? Have you heard the right talk about the left 🤣 Both are equally prejudiced against each other. the problem for some rightist is that they make comments that just don't pass muster anymore. "The left" does not gain power because you cannot win power by getting someone like Carano fired. The problems the right has is that their citizens united victory has given companies the power to be politically active and the poor workers protection gives companies the power to fire people real easy.

Nobody is going to get cancelled if they say to their neighbor the story that Carano got fired for. But with the power of social media it changes the game. If you make comments that can be misunderstood (based party on a history that is not free from "controversy") or are just not acceptable to many people, you risk cancelling yourself and that is what happened here. She cancelled her career at Disney by making those comments.

If the Left doesn’t accrue power from multiple acts of cancellation, why wasn’t Pedro Pascal, an actor on the exact same show, cancelled for comparing Trump voters to Nazis?

Yeah, let’s get the obvious crap response out of the way— “because that’s the unvarnished truth”— and try to come up with something halfway intelligent.

Will you find any leftists who claim not to be rapists defending rape? Because I can point to quite a few conservatives who claim to not be white supremacists who defend white supremacy.

Rapey Joe Biden defended himself, so yes.

Joe Biden posts on this forum?
If that was a prerequisite I missed it, since, no, the only way Sleepy Joe would get on any forum would be if he thought he was looking at a teleprompter.

I don't actually see her mention the holocaust, though I do know that she brought up the government's treatment/depiction of Jews.
Being that her Instagram post went as such:
"Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors... even by children... Because history is edited, most people today don't realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views?"

She isn't exactly wrong, especially with how many on the democrats side of the isle. Going all the way back to even before 2016, were trying to force the view of republicans as Nazi sympathizers or some other abhorrent visualization.

she didn’t bring up the governments treatment of Jews. She said that the Jews weren’t beaten in the streets by Nazi’s but by their own neighbors who’d learned to hate Jews from the Nazi’s as a psy-op... I’m paraphrasing. Anyway, that’s a really dumb thing to say. It sounds like she was actually right kind of, except in a 180 degree take on the conclusion that most would take from her post. Look, if you work for Disney and you’re making the big bucks, just know they don’t want controversy. Their advertisers and stock holders don’t either. If you can’t keep it in then go somewhere else. I’m a liberal contractor in a very conservative place. I don’t go around shooting off my political views all over. If you’re a crazy Trumper with green money, I’ll trade that for my honest hard work.

You need to be introduced to EMNofSeattle.
I've been searching through EMN's posting history.
Do you happen to have any examples of him supporting fascism or white nationalism?
Because I don't readily see any in the last month.

she didn’t bring up the governments treatment of Jews. She said that the Jews weren’t beaten in the streets by Nazi’s but by their own neighbors who’d learned to hate Jews from the Nazi’s as a psy-op... I’m paraphrasing. Anyway, that’s a really dumb thing to say. It sounds like she was actually right kind of, except in a 180 degree take on the conclusion that most would take from her post. Look, if you work for Disney and you’re making the big bucks, just know they don’t want controversy. Their advertisers and stock holders don’t either. If you can’t keep it in then go somewhere else. I’m a liberal contractor in a very conservative place. I don’t go around shooting off my political views all over. If you’re a crazy Trumper with green money, I’ll trade that for my honest hard work.

You think the people of Germany learned anti-Semitism from the Nazis? Are you really this ignorant of history?

I've been searching through EMN's posting history.
Do you happen to have any examples of him supporting fascism or white nationalism?
Because I don't readily see any in the last month.

How about his open support for an absolute theocratic monarchy and his belief that is no such thing as freedom?

So you're just going to hand wave everything and say that she should've learned her place , while keeping her mouth shut?
It's no long about her being politically correct, it's about her upsetting someone upstairs. In a company that is no stranger to just letting controversy thrive. Is that it?

Because we could probably look through direct statements made by other more left leaning members in that same business, and see that they will get away with saying things that are far more inflammatory.

So you're just going to hand wave everything and say that she should've learned her place , while keeping her mouth shut?
It's no long about her being politically correct, it's about her upsetting someone upstairs. In a company that is no stranger to just letting controversy thrive. Is that it?

Because we could probably look through direct statements made by other more left leaning members in that same business, and see that they will get away with saying things that are far more inflammatory.

You’re putting words in my mouth. But that’s okay, I’m just glad you’re still playing.
Anyway, characterizing her bosses and the shareholders of the Disney mega empire, as “someone upstairs” is overly simplistic and would seem to contradict some conservative values. Don’t care if she kneels to power so she can keep her job, or she speaks her mind and gets her opportunities taken away. It’s not the public that didn’t like her words that got her fired. It was the controversy it caused. When in Hollywood and you’re not Brad Pitt or Jennifer Lawrence keep your political opinions to yourself or don’t work. It’s a pretty simple idea. advertisers and share holders don’t like controversy... unless it’s one of those that makes them more money. In fact... I wonder how many people watched Mandolorian for the first time because they heard about it through this story... now youve

okay, your turn. Please make a wonderful move. This is fun!

We're entering a dangerous time.

She voiced an opinion, not an opinion that I agree with, but still just an opinion... and she got "cancelled". The just reeks of the "Thought Police" out on patrol.

The ironic thing about her comment was that the liberal elites were more upset about her admitting to be a Trump supporter, than her comment stupidly comparing the holocaust to being a conservative. But when Chelsea Handler posted her fawning comments in favor of anti Semite Louis Farrakhan--- she didn't get cancelled. I think she still has an HBO contract. And what of Ice Cube and is comments?

Typical selective outrage on the left.

Back
Top Bottom