• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mandalorean Actor dropped because MAGA

182234-happy-30th-birthday-98.jpg

Gina Carano will not be returning to The Mandalorian or the Star Wars galaxy after sharing a post on social media implying that being a Republican today is like being Jewish during the Holocaust.

This is not the first time Carano, who played former Rebel Alliance soldier Cara Dune on The Mandalorian, has been the focus of social media ire for her political comments. Last November, she issued contentious tweets, one in which she mocked mask-wearing amid the novel coronavirus pandemic and another in which she falsely suggested voter fraud occurred during the 2020 presidential election.

'The Mandalorian' Star Gina Carano Fired Amid Social Media Controversy | Hollywood Reporter

She was up for her own spinoff series too.

What are your thoughts?
It shows that you can't have anything as tame as a difference of opinion, for someone to want to permanently affect your life in some negative fashion.

The funny part about all of this, is that the treatments she's receiving is closely edging closer and closer to what it was that she described.

It also shows that the people who pull this kind of thing are actually quite hypocritical. Seeing as it was a massive push for women to be supported in their endeavors, especially in media. And she's being affected as such simply for her views.

And her employer (along with others) felt it was very wrong to do that, so she got fired.
Perhaps you would be good enough to explain what was so "very wrong". Saying that it was wrong to hate people simply because they were Jews? Saying that it's wrong to hate someone because they hold differing political views?

Perhaps you would be good enough to explain what was so "very wrong". Saying that it was wrong to hate people simply because they were Jews? Saying that it's wrong to hate someone because they hold differing political views?
Good luck with getting that answer. Though if anyone can supply something satisfactory, it would be roguenuke.

Yes, please do quote exactly what she said and explain in detail how it's racist.
You're more likely to get a racist response from Phys251, then to actually get a legitimate answer.

Which lefties cared about Beck firing someone for ProChoice comments? Pretty sure if Beck was able to fire her, then that means she was under private employment. Probably better for her not to work for Glenn Beck anyway.
So you Support beck letting anyone Go? Based on opinion?

Absolutely no part of freedom of speech means I have to keep my mouth shut about what you say.

Why do you demand I stay silent?
What a about a principle as Hitchens said

Absolutely no part of freedom of speech means I have to keep my mouth shut about what you say.

Why do you demand I stay silent?
Freedom of speech is not just some thing but a principle to defended

It shows that you can't have anything as tame as a difference of opinion, for someone to want to permanently affect your life in some negative fashion.

The funny part about all of this, is that the treatments she's receiving is closely edging closer and closer to what it was that she described.

It also shows that the people who pull this kind of thing are actually quite hypocritical. Seeing as it was a massive push for women to be supported in their endeavors, especially in media. And she's being affected as such simply for her views.

Well, don’t think it’s anything near what the Jews during WWII experienced. Not even in the same universe. Usually I can agree to disagree, but in this case no. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and choose to believe you didn’t meN what you said. Maybe you’re not a clear thinker.

otherwise, Kudos for the conservatives, and the religious ones like Ben Shapiro, standing up for a woman (and a lesbian woman at that.) some of you folks have come a long way.

Well, don’t think it’s anything near what the Jews during WWII experienced. Not even in the same universe. Usually I can agree to disagree, but in this case no. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and choose to believe you didn’t meN what you said. Maybe you’re not a clear thinker.

otherwise, Kudos for the conservatives, and the religious ones like Ben Shapiro, standing up for a woman (and a lesbian woman at that.) some of you folks have come a long way.
Personal insults do you no favors.

You need to be introduced to EMNofSeattle.
So one poster, is that it?
And it's most likely that this is all taking place in the basement on a majority of the time. Which is a place that I already visit on extremely rare occasions.

And it's most likely that this is all taking place in the basement on a majority of the time. Which is a place that I already visit on extremely rare occasions.

No, he’s quite active in most of the forum. Where white supremacy needs defending, you’ll find him there... alongside many of our Conservative posters who claim to not be white supremacists...

By the way, we haven’t met. Allow me to introduce myself. I’m the guy who you’ll be ignoring really soon because you’re busy playing checkers in a chess tournament.

oh gosh, I was not insulting you personally. I don’t even know you. I only know what you write here under an anonymous screen name.
If that's the case, then maybe you're the one who's not exactly a clear thinker.

My post brought up the issue that republicans in the US are subject to a large number of attacks. Be it either their career or on themselves personally. So she was not exactly wrong in that regard.
We've had people losing their jobs, getting dropped by banks and being personally attacked or even killed simply because of their political alignment. Or at least the political alignment that their attacker believes they possess.

I also don't understand the small snipe at people like Ben Shapiro. Seeing as he's shown no maltreatment towards women, lesbian or otherwise.

No, he’s quite active in most of the forum. Where white supremacy needs defending, you’ll find him there... alongside many of our Conservative posters who claim to not be white supremacists...
Something tells me, that I'll find many of the leftist who claim to not be rapist on these same forums.

By the way, we haven’t met. Allow me to introduce myself. I’m the guy who you’ll be ignoring really soon because you’re busy playing checkers in a chess tournament.
I don't play in chess tournaments. So that's one idiotic notion from you already.
Once again, personal insults are still not going to be a positive for you. So if you can't rise above that, then I suggest you move on elsewhere.

If that's the case, then maybe you're the one who's not exactly a clear thinker.

My post brought up the issue that republicans in the US are subject to a large number of attacks. Be it either their career or on themselves personally. So she was not exactly wrong in that regard.
We've had people losing their jobs, getting dropped by banks and being personally attacked or even killed simply because of their political alignment. Or at least the political alignment that their attacker believes they possess.

I also don't understand the small snipe at people like Ben Shapiro. Seeing as he's shown no maltreatment towards women, lesbian or otherwise.

Not lesbians specifically, but Ben is an Orthodox Jew and believes homosexuality is a “sin” and refuses to support it. See the Ben Shapiro/ Dave Rubins Wedding story. Anyway, that was a snipe at the end to see how much attention you were paying. I’m glad you came back! Shall I set up the board?

I don't play in chess tournaments. So that's one idiotic notion from you already.
Once again, personal insults are still not going to be a positive for you. So if you can't rise above that, then I suggest you move on elsewhere.
you don’t YET. But let’s see if you CAN. That’s what I want to know.

Something tells me, that I'll find many of the leftist who claim to not be rapist on these same forums.

Will you find any leftists who claim not to be rapists defending rape? Because I can point to quite a few conservatives who claim to not be white supremacists who defend white supremacy.

Will you find any leftists who claim not to be rapists defending rape? Because I can point to quite a few conservatives who claim to not be white supremacists who defend white supremacy.

think that might have been a typo. Racist-rapist.

She did, she siad Conservatives are treated like Jews in Nazi Germany. Basically she compared it with the Holocaust. If there is no mass murder going on it's not comparable with what Nazi Germany did. Period. That was crossing the line.
There was no mention of the holocaust. She spoke specifically of the period before any of that occurred.

There was no mention of the holocaust. She spoke specifically of the period before any of that occurred.

go and read her quotes. She did say Holocaust. That was just the latest in a long line of “if I work for Disney, I should probably keep these opinions to myself” things she said. Shame, I liked her character.

Back
Top Bottom