• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mandalorean Actor dropped because MAGA

I never said anything about purges.
Did you need for me to repeat what I said?

Saying that being a Republican today is like being Jewish during the Holocaust is literally BEGGING to be forced to experience what that was really like.
That isn't what she said, though. It's your hyperbolic interpretation.

We're entering a dangerous time.

She voiced an opinion, not an opinion that I agree with, but still just an opinion... and she got "cancelled". The just reeks of the "Thought Police" out on patrol.
And I'm sure you had the same amount of outrage for these actors/actresses being dropped by Disney too?

That isn't what she said, though. It's your hyperbolic interpretation.
Who cares what she said... her character is kinda stupid and she is not a good actress... that alone is reason enough to let her go.

I saw the picture.

I think you're too hung up on "Trumpists."

Some employees take it too far, after warnings. When does an employer go too far? "Leftists" could be fired for supporting stuff right-wing employers don't like. Should we have political beliefs as a part of the job selection process?

Maybe you don't want to discuss employers/businesses/corporations having too much power.
They are, and have been for a while. How many people on the right support firing gays or those who refuse to live by "religious mandates" of religious employers? Or how about firing anyone with a Biden sticker on their vehicle or who they know supported Biden? There are states like mine where an employer can fire you for any reason so long as they don't state out right or there isn't evidence it was for a reason protected (their religion, race, sex, etc).

Hell, the vast majority of Trump supporters said throughout Trump's Presidency, "he's the boss, he can fire whoever he wants". And those were government employees. These are employees of private companies. Do owners of private companies now have less right to fire people for their own reasons than the government, the President does?

Who cares what she said... her character is kinda stupid and she is not a good actress... that alone is reason enough to let her go.
I spent most of the first episode she was in trying to figure out where I had seen her before. Then it came to me. Deadpool

I spent most of the first episode she was in trying to figure out where I had seen her before. Then it came to me. Deadpool
Yeah... same kinda role. Big buff burly man woman kicking ass. That kind of role is cool for parts of a movie but she is in multiple seasons of the show.

That probably makes me sound bad but I have the same thoughts about the hot nerdy glasses wearing super model solving the crimes... and Aquaman.

Yeah... same kinda role. Big buff burly man woman kicking ass. That kind of role is cool for parts of a movie but she is in multiple seasons of the show.
She wasn't bad as an actor, but her role really isn't that big that she can't be replaced, written out easily. And anyone who works for Disney should realize it is a bad idea to bring any sort of "negative" publicity to Disney. Disney has a reputation for doing exactly this thing. Their child actors/actresses are kept on short leashes, several fired and/or blacklisted for various stunts or even just political activities or statements. The adult actors, especially regulars, are held to certain "be not a public embarrassment" standards as well.

That is a pretty well known fact of Disney.

She wasn't bad as an actor, but her role really isn't that big that she can't be replaced, written out easily. And anyone who works for Disney should realize it is a bad idea to bring any sort of "negative" publicity to Disney. Disney has a reputation for doing exactly this thing. Their child actors/actresses are kept on short leashes, several fired and/or blacklisted for various stunts or even just political activities or statements. The adult actors, especially regulars, are held to certain "be not a public embarrassment" standards as well.

That is a pretty well known fact of Disney.
I know. The Marvel Actors all have standards that they have to meet on and off set. Disney has an image and that is their right.

You might have responded prior to my edit with the Deadpool clip...

She wasn't dropped because of MAGA, she was dropped because she compared something to the Holocaust that's in no way comparable to the Holocaust, and thus became a PR disaster.

No, you need to prove I used it improperly.

Oh well, even though you won’t learn anything,
maybe someone else will...
Your parallel is false because the respective statements don’t lead to similar consequences, and so one level of offensiveness is not equivalent to the other. One statement advocates returning a group of people to bondage, the other is a rhetorical device designed to make a dominant group think twice about their persecutory tendencies. Only by the most absurd mental gymnastics could anyone promote an equivalence between the two, so I anticipate seeing just such tortuous twists from you to support your dumb hypothetical.

We would have had about 300 thousand less deaths if Trump took the pandemic seriously and encouraged mask wearing. That’s a heck of a lot more than ten percent.

Same old song, and I’m sure you’ve got all the standard superficial talking points as justification. So since you’re relying on speculation, I will do likewise: if Hilary had been elected, she would have refused to close off any interaction with China for fear of being labeled “xenophobic” (Biden’s word), and so we would have had 300 thousand more fatalities.

They are, and have been for a while. How many people on the right support firing gays or those who refuse to live by "religious mandates" of religious employers? Or how about firing anyone with a Biden sticker on their vehicle or who they know supported Biden? There are states like mine where an employer can fire you for any reason so long as they don't state out right or there isn't evidence it was for a reason protected (their religion, race, sex, etc).

Hell, the vast majority of Trump supporters said throughout Trump's Presidency, "he's the boss, he can fire whoever he wants". And those were government employees. These are employees of private companies. Do owners of private companies now have less right to fire people for their own reasons than the government, the President does?
I think I'm more interested in discussing things that are more important and that people usually haven't already thought about.

I think it's closer to only 30 million.

If you right now in this moment support Trump then you need to be reprogrammed. If you no longer do then good for you.

Trump rallies sure do look like Nazi rallies. I have a feeling if one of Trump's weirdo advisors suggested starting a genocide Trump would ask his lawyers about the legality of it. I don't personally think most Trump supporters are Nazis. I do think they would have made great Nazis during Nazi Germany.
Interesting. Considering that Hitler's power was based on a personality cult, you might be right. Both Hitler and Trump appeal on an emotional level rather than on the basis of ideology.

As if a few thousand angry internet randos could possibly bring down the Disney empire!
It's the thought that counts. Republicans love cancel culture and practice it daily.

It is nothing like the treatment of Jews in Nazi Germany. For the following reasons:

1. Trump voters are not by law being banned from military service
2. Trump voters are not by law being excluded from exams in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy or law
3. Trump voters are not being denied basic civil rights
4. Trump voters are not being forbidden from marrying non-Trump voters
5. Trump voters are not being denied the right to vote
6. Trump voters are not being denied the US nationality/citizenship
7. Trump voters are not being denied government benefits
8. Trump voters are not being banned from entering parks, eating in restaurants or swimming pools
9. Trump voters are not no longer allowed to own electrical/optical equipment, bicycles, cars, typewriters, computer or records
10. Trump voters are not banned from traveling abroad
11. the children of Trump voters are not being banned from going to school, college or university
12. Trump voters are not issued special passports/documents that clearly identify them as reTrumplicans/Trumpists
13. Trump voters are not being banned from visiting cinema/theater/concerts/exhibitions/beaches/hotels or holiday resorts
14. Trump voters are not being forced to add the names Trump or Orange Oaf to their names
15. Trump voters businesses are not being ransacked/windows broken and looted purely for being Trump supporters
16. Trump voters are not given special passports with a big Orange T so that everybody knows they are Trumpists and of well to do Trumpists the passports are being impounded so that they can not leave the US anymore
17. Trump voters are not being registered to a Trumpist immigration center which is going to force them to move to Alabama/North Dakota/Idaho/Utah/Wyoming/South Dakota
18. Trump supporters are not being forcibly evicted from their homes without reason or notice
19. Trump supporters radio/televisions are not being confiscated
20. Trump voters are not being subjected to a Trump supporters only curfew
21. Trump voters are not being forced to wear an Orange star on all their clothing with a big black T in the center
22. Trump voters phones are not being confiscated
23. Trump supporters are not being banned from using public telephones
24. Trump supporters are not being banned from owning dogs/cats/birds

So as soon as Trump voters are being subjected to: being denied an education/banned from serving in the military/a ban on marrying no Trumpers/being denied to be in cinemas etc. /etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. (see above list of 24) then no, Trump supporters are not being treated like the Jews in Nazi Germany.

Your long list is irrelevant because Carano didn’t compare current treatment of Republicans to the worst horrors of the Holocaust. The comparison was to the early days, in which the Nazis stoked religious bigotry that had already existed for generations. In the case of the current prejudices of Lefties against Righties, one could make a case that they were justified sixty years ago, when Righties really were pushing back against social justice. But modern Lefties are now using systemic racism as an excuse to gain power, so the offense against Carano’s opinion is also just an excuse to maintain hegemony.

Well if that's true it makes her whining about being treated like the Nazis treated the Jews even more idiotic.
She was actually "whining" about how their neighbors treated Jews, not Nazis.

Your long list is irrelevant because Carano didn’t compare current treatment of Republicans to the worst horrors of the Holocaust. The comparison was to the early days, in which the Nazis stoked religious bigotry that had already existed for generations. In the case of the current prejudices of Lefties against Righties, one could make a case that they were justified sixty years ago, when Righties really were pushing back against social justice. But modern Lefties are now using systemic racism as an excuse to gain power, so the offense against Carano’s opinion is also just an excuse to maintain hegemony.

Except a lot of the neighbors of Jews in Germany were nazi's, especially the children as they were part of the hitler youth.

And for the nazi's it was not their faith that was an issue, it was that they were of a lesser/throw away race who influenced the powers that be and caused all kinds of bad things for the superior German people.

And current prejudice by the lefties? Have you heard the right talk about the left 🤣 Both are equally prejudiced against each other. the problem for some rightist is that they make comments that just don't pass muster anymore. "The left" does not gain power because you cannot win power by getting someone like Carano fired. The problems the right has is that their citizens united victory has given companies the power to be politically active and the poor workers protection gives companies the power to fire people real easy.

Nobody is going to get cancelled if they say to their neighbor the story that Carano got fired for. But with the power of social media it changes the game. If you make comments that can be misunderstood (based party on a history that is not free from "controversy") or are just not acceptable to many people, you risk cancelling yourself and that is what happened here. She cancelled her career at Disney by making those comments.

She was actually "whining" about how their neighbors treated Jews, not Nazis.
Have her evil left wing neighbors been taunting her in the streets, or is she just whining about push back on twitter?

Till now I hadn’t seen Disney’s excuse that Carano had supposedly “denigrated” some group with her remarks.

They want people to think “Jews,” when the group is really Mad Libs.
She didn't denigrate anyone. It's utterly nonsensical.

She wasn't dropped because of MAGA, she was dropped because she compared something to the Holocaust that's in no way comparable to the Holocaust, and thus became a PR disaster.
She didn't compare anything to the holocaust.

Back
Top Bottom