• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mandalorean Actor dropped because MAGA

Mob? No.... I thought I made myself clear... I said the person's EMPLOYER has the right to fire them.

It's all about money, again free market and all of that.. Mr. Pillow is spewing all sorts of lies and threats. He has every right to keep spewing that crap, and I have every right not to buy his pillows or buy from any outlet that sells his pillows..
If he doesn't think his rhetoric will harm his bottom line, that's up to him.. But if he goes out of business in 3 years? That's fine too.. Again, free market and all that.. It's HIS business.

Actor's stupid comment about the Holocaust might hurt her employer's bottom line? Then she's gone.

And if enough people boycott Mandalorian because of the termination, it won’t hurt mega company Disney, but the specific production company loses out.

A parallel case: the teleseries Supergirl has suffered from dwindling ratings the more the show began focusing on “woke” politics. Not an official boycott to be sure, but there’s also a bottom line in capitulating too easily to ideologues.

Spoiler alert: Baby Yoda's real name is Grogu

Have a nice day! Oh ya and the last episode Luke Skywalker takes Baby Yoda.

bonfire.jpg

I just gained +10 Sith points!

What if she came out in favor of black slavery again? "Wrong thinker?"

Well, maybe some wouldnt think so, would think, 'hey, First Amendment!'...sure. But it would make many people (I hope) think about what sort of person thinks like that about other people. 🤷 (And yes, I know the movie company isnt bound by the 1A)

Jack is right; that’s a really dumb hypothetical.

I would compare Trump to the evil dictators you mentioned. The only difference is that he doesn’t have their evil resume because he lives in the US where acts like this are met with resistance. Trump was still able to create carnage. How many people died as a result of attending his rallies? How about the innocent folks who came into contact with these cultists? You know people died because Trump discouraged mask wearing. People died after Trump lied too them about how serious his C19 condition was. He made people(the indoctrinated ones) think getting sick from the virus was no big deal. This is pure evil. We know how many people died at the insurrection.

Yet, people(deplorables) still support this monster. Yes, I do believe they need to be deprogramed.

Trump certainly knew his audience(sheep, Qanon, Nazis, White Supremacists, Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, Karens).

There is no one in this country who shares even ten percent of responsibility for Covid deaths ; it all rests upon the shoulders of the Communist government of China.

As for your fervid fantasies about all of Trump’s evil alliances, even if true they would have nothing to do with Covid. But I did get a laugh out of your list, because it reminded me of the old Fu Manchu novels wherein the evil doctor was always recruiting Thugs and dacoits and whatnot for his diabolical army.

Real dictators, like those in China, don’t need a lot of fringe groups. They just need a nasty little lab “accident.”

Your ridiculous parallel between two unrelated opinions is proof enough.
Looks like you need a dictionary to understand the word 'proof.' 🤷

Crimes decreased when people started to realize that cameras are everywhere. Prank phone calls decreased once people realized that everybody had caller ID. I think these nutty posts will decrease the more we have these career ending consequences.
I wonder how many people born after 2000 even know what a ”prank call” is.

The thing that I love about these people losing their shit every time somebody is fired for saying racist and offensive things is that they’re ideologically opposed to learning why they shouldn’t say horrible things. If they can’t learn the difference between private company policy and government-related free speech issues, then let ‘em keep winning those career Darwin Awards.

There is no one in this country who shares even ten percent of responsibility for Covid deaths ; it all rests upon the shoulders of the Communist government of China.

As for your fervid fantasies about all of Trump’s evil alliances, even if true they would have nothing to do with Covid. But I did get a laugh out of your list, because it reminded me of the old Fu Manchu novels wherein the evil doctor was always recruiting Thugs and dacoits and whatnot for his diabolical army.

Real dictators, like those in China, don’t need a lot of fringe groups. They just need a nasty little lab “accident.”

We would have had about 300 thousand less deaths if Trump took the pandemic seriously and encouraged mask wearing. That’s a heck of a lot more than ten percent.

I'm sorry but you're wrong. It's just like that.

I respect your right to your opinion though...

It is nothing like the treatment of Jews in Nazi Germany. For the following reasons:

1. Trump voters are not by law being banned from military service
2. Trump voters are not by law being excluded from exams in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy or law
3. Trump voters are not being denied basic civil rights
4. Trump voters are not being forbidden from marrying non-Trump voters
5. Trump voters are not being denied the right to vote
6. Trump voters are not being denied the US nationality/citizenship
7. Trump voters are not being denied government benefits
8. Trump voters are not being banned from entering parks, eating in restaurants or swimming pools
9. Trump voters are not no longer allowed to own electrical/optical equipment, bicycles, cars, typewriters, computer or records
10. Trump voters are not banned from traveling abroad
11. the children of Trump voters are not being banned from going to school, college or university
12. Trump voters are not issued special passports/documents that clearly identify them as reTrumplicans/Trumpists
13. Trump voters are not being banned from visiting cinema/theater/concerts/exhibitions/beaches/hotels or holiday resorts
14. Trump voters are not being forced to add the names Trump or Orange Oaf to their names
15. Trump voters businesses are not being ransacked/windows broken and looted purely for being Trump supporters
16. Trump voters are not given special passports with a big Orange T so that everybody knows they are Trumpists and of well to do Trumpists the passports are being impounded so that they can not leave the US anymore
17. Trump voters are not being registered to a Trumpist immigration center which is going to force them to move to Alabama/North Dakota/Idaho/Utah/Wyoming/South Dakota
18. Trump supporters are not being forcibly evicted from their homes without reason or notice
19. Trump supporters radio/televisions are not being confiscated
20. Trump voters are not being subjected to a Trump supporters only curfew
21. Trump voters are not being forced to wear an Orange star on all their clothing with a big black T in the center
22. Trump voters phones are not being confiscated
23. Trump supporters are not being banned from using public telephones
24. Trump supporters are not being banned from owning dogs/cats/birds

So as soon as Trump voters are being subjected to: being denied an education/banned from serving in the military/a ban on marrying no Trumpers/being denied to be in cinemas etc. /etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. (see above list of 24) then no, Trump supporters are not being treated like the Jews in Nazi Germany.

How you feel about this is between you and yourself and has no impact on me so I'll leave that one alone.

However, I would be interested to know how you would feel about going "purge for purge" using the EXACT SAME set of standards...

I never said anything about purges.
Did you need for me to repeat what I said?

Saying that being a Republican today is like being Jewish during the Holocaust is literally BEGGING to be forced to experience what that was really like.

Oh my goodness..... Another "what about" defense. The "what about" defense that used to be reserved for six year olds and the mentally impaired, now, resurrected as the standard Republican defense. Without the "what about you" defense, you'd have no defense at all.
I am not sure why you are comparing her to the mentally impaired.

Private businesses doing what they care to is beyond ridicule. Are you suggesting that govt intervention in the workplace isn't such a bad idea?

Having The Right To Do X is not the same as X Is The Right Thing To Do. Disney has chosen to lie about it's standards and - seemingly - fire someone for being of a different political tribe than it's management 🤷‍♂️ They have the right to do so, and it was wrong to do, and there is nothing wrong with pointing out either their lies or the double standards they are applying.

182234-happy-30th-birthday-98.jpg

Gina Carano will not be returning to The Mandalorian or the Star Wars galaxy after sharing a post on social media implying that being a Republican today is like being Jewish during the Holocaust.

This is not the first time Carano, who played former Rebel Alliance soldier Cara Dune on The Mandalorian, has been the focus of social media ire for her political comments. Last November, she issued contentious tweets, one in which she mocked mask-wearing amid the novel coronavirus pandemic and another in which she falsely suggested voter fraud occurred during the 2020 presidential election.

'The Mandalorian' Star Gina Carano Fired Amid Social Media Controversy | Hollywood Reporter

She was up for her own spinoff series too.

What are your thoughts?
It's a free country. Gina Carano can screw up her career any way she wants to.

Back
Top Bottom