• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mandalorean Actor dropped because MAGA

swing_voter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
182234-happy-30th-birthday-98.jpg

Gina Carano will not be returning to The Mandalorian or the Star Wars galaxy after sharing a post on social media implying that being a Republican today is like being Jewish during the Holocaust.

This is not the first time Carano, who played former Rebel Alliance soldier Cara Dune on The Mandalorian, has been the focus of social media ire for her political comments. Last November, she issued contentious tweets, one in which she mocked mask-wearing amid the novel coronavirus pandemic and another in which she falsely suggested voter fraud occurred during the 2020 presidential election.

'The Mandalorian' Star Gina Carano Fired Amid Social Media Controversy | Hollywood Reporter

She was up for her own spinoff series too.

What are your thoughts?

We're entering a dangerous time.

She voiced an opinion, not an opinion that I agree with, but still just an opinion... and she got "cancelled". The just reeks of the "Thought Police" out on patrol.

182234-happy-30th-birthday-98.jpg

Gina Carano will not be returning to The Mandalorian or the Star Wars galaxy after sharing a post on social media implying that being a Republican today is like being Jewish during the Holocaust.

This is not the first time Carano, who played former Rebel Alliance soldier Cara Dune on The Mandalorian, has been the focus of social media ire for her political comments. Last November, she issued contentious tweets, one in which she mocked mask-wearing amid the novel coronavirus pandemic and another in which she falsely suggested voter fraud occurred during the 2020 presidential election.

'The Mandalorian' Star Gina Carano Fired Amid Social Media Controversy | Hollywood Reporter

She was up for her own spinoff series too.

What are your thoughts?
Everyone has a right to voice an opinion. Within reason. Nobody has a right to a stage or an audience. If Lucasfilms figure she was using their stage to speak to their audience and was harming their image, well, she knew what she was doing and went ahead with it.

Inb4 our fascism supporters whine about so-called "cancel culture." :LOL:

She voiced an opinion, not an opinion that I agree with, but still just an opinion... and she got "cancelled". The just reeks of the "Thought Police" out on patrol.

And there it is. More will be coming, I'm sure. We'll also hear lies that Carano had her free speech rights violated. :ROFLMAO:

Lucasfilms apparently decided she was using their stage to speak to their audience and harming their image.
We can be pretty sure the decision was made based on a bottom line, not 'virtue signalling'. And she knew what she was doing.

Obviously anyone who compares anything going on in modern times to the Holocaust should be cancelled. Anyone. Right?
TBH I didn’t like her character much anyway.

The problem with this is that whateve

As long as you feel safe, that's all that matters.

"Safe space." Good, good, give me more cards to put on my right-wing whine bingo board! ;)

"Safe space." Good, good, give me more cards to put on my right-wing whine bingo board! ;)
Don't misunderstand. I think purging society of wrong thinkers is a great step forward for humanity.

A most noble endeavor.

Which is not at all what she wrote, but they don't care. Woke leftists have been pressuring to get her fired for months.

That show is going to suck when they apply the same standard to the main character and fire him.

Don't misunderstand. I think purging society of wrong thinkers is a great step forward for humanity.

A most noble endeavor.

Too many characters to fit on a bingo square.

Also, I couldn't help but notice how similar your language is to Carano's. :)

No whines that her freeze peach was violated? Not gonna try that lie this time? 😁
LMAO - I see you still haven't bothered to look up the word "synonymous." Not that I'm suprised...

She didn't just moronically make a comparison to the holocaust so she could keep pushing that fake victimhood routine so many Trumpists seem to embrace. From what I gather, she included a picture of a bloodied woman who had been forcibly stripped and beaten with clubs running for her life away from the men who did it, in the midst of the Lviv pogrom.

This link, despite being to a rag, shows it...something OP's link doesn't:

We're entering a dangerous time. She voiced an opinion, not an opinion that I agree with, but still just an opinion... and she got "cancelled". The just reeks of the "Thought Police" out on patrol.

Entering a dangerous time? Employers have always fired employees for off-job misdeeds, as long as those misdeeds are something the employer doesn't want to be associated with whatever it is the misbehaving employee did. Wanna keep your job with your boss, who happens to hobnob with the town's longtime mayor? Well, then, don't go on a bender and shit on the mayor's porch while singing the national anthem.

This lady probably should have paused to wonder whether Disney wanted to be associated with her decision to desecrate the memory of an actual mass tragedy....

Last edited:
Too many characters to fit on a bingo square.

Also, I couldn't help but notice how similar your language is to Carano's. :)

Maybe I need purging, too, I guess?

My "wrong thinking" might be endangering those who have not yet been sufficiently enlightened to the beauty and freedom that a monogamous "right thinking" world has to offer.

You might want to bring this to the attention of the mod staff.

Back
Top Bottom