• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Manchin told the White House he would support a billionaire wealth tax

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Has Joe M gotten the Xmas spirit??? 'Bout time if he has.

Sen. Joe Manchin told the White House last week that he supported imposing some sort of wealth tax on billionaires, despite criticizing the idea two months ago, The Washington Post reported.

Manchin said he would support such a tax as part of President Joe Biden's Build Back Better economic program, The Post reported, citing three people familiar with the discussions.

He's not the brightest bulb.

Notice how Manchin is the bad boogy man now that he won't go along with the wacky left.
They are out to damage him when ever and how ever. Thanks for stopping crazy legislation Senator Manchin.

Notice how Manchin is the bad boogy man now that he won't go along with the wacky left.
They are out to damage him when ever and how ever. Thanks for stopping crazy legislation Senator Manchin.
Gotta keep all those new donors happy.

Sen. Joe Manchin told the White House last week that he supported imposing some sort of wealth tax on billionaires, despite criticizing the idea two months ago, The Washington Post reported.

Manchin said he would support such a tax as part of President Joe Biden's Build Back Better economic program, The Post reported, citing three people familiar with the discussions.
If I recall he's actually a fan of increasing corporate tax rates to reduce deficit but there is adamant opposition to that very idea from Sinema so Biden ends up between a rock and a hard place trying to raise the revenue Manchin wants to keep the deficit down, when the only method Manchin and progressives agree to use to get that revenue, lose the other necessary vote to keep the 51 votes. In many ways I far prefer Manchin to that Arizona 'maverick' because Manchin thinks like an old school predictable conservative Dem who really has not changed his spots. Sinema has moved from a green party progressive to this republican corporate stooge at warp speed. I don't recognise her at all.

He's not the brightest bulb.

I didn't want to say it, but yeah.

There's another explanation for inconsistency though. He never plans to run again, and he's just messing with Schumer for no particular reason.

More deplorable type statements. That's class.
So you're from West Virginia then? :LOL:

I drove through West Virginia once to pick up some live brook trout in Virginia. The poverty I saw was staggering.

He's just trying to stay relevant. After he said "no" everyone stopped talking to him.

Boogy man? No. Selfish rich guy? Yes.

He's just trying to stay relevant. After he said "no" everyone stopped talking to him.
Wait until we read/hear his New Year spirit in motion next week. o_O:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom