• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Manafort lied after pleading guilty, Mueller's team says

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
This is it people. The gloves are off. Manafort may be thinking that prison is better than Russian's coming after him b/c A)He either owes them $$$$ B) They are/were going to send a hitman out to get him.

He may also be protecting Trump's or other people's $$$/life.

Meanwhile Mueller believes that he can prove w/o a shred of doubt that Manafort has lied to him under oath under numerous occasions.

Washington (CNN)Paul Manafort has "breached" his plea agreement with the Justice Department by lying to the FBI and special counsel Robert Mueller's office two months after he started to cooperate in the Russia probe, a new court filing said Monday.

Now some people are saying this is a win for Trump, but read it again. Mueller knows Manafort is lying has lied and continues to lie. Reports say that Mueller's reports will be devastating to Trump. What if there's things in there that Manafort didn't like? Things that put him in even worse position than he is now? Something drastic for him to choose even more time in prison... HINT: :shoot

This ain't gonna pretty.

Last edited:
This is it people. The gloves are off. Manafort may be thinking that prison is better than Russian's coming after him b/c A)He either owes them $$$$ B) They are/were going to send a hitman out to get him.

Meanwhile Mueller believes that he can prove w/o a shred of doubt that Manafort has lied to him under oath under numerous occasions.

Now some people are saying this is a win for Trump, but read it again. Mueller knows Manafort is lying has lied and continues to lie. Reports say that Mueller's reports will be devastating to Trump. What if there's things in there that Manafort didn't like? Things that put him in even worse position than he is now? Something drastic for him to choose even more time in prison... HINT: :shoot

This ain't gonna pretty.

Beat me to this. Manafort I think just lost his chance to get out of prison one day before he dies. This should seal his fate behind bars.

This ain't gonna pretty.
I hope we find out what the **** has been going on round here.

Beat me to this. Manafort I think just lost his chance to get out of prison one day before he dies. This should seal his fate behind bars.

He must be in some deep poo-poo to choose more prison time.

He must be in some deep poo-poo to choose more prison time.

Like I said before, I think he may be more worried about betraying russians than prison in the U.S.

We already knew this was a witch, but now it's extra-crispy witchy

Or another way to put it from Buzzfeed's Chris Geidner:
So, after being accused of a series of lies regarding his work, Paul Manafort was accused of trying to get others to lie, and then, after being convicted of some lies, he reached a plea agreement to avoid a trial on the other lies, after which he is accused of telling more lies.

This ain't gonna pretty.
How many times are you gonna declare something as being "it"?

Youre over anxious to get trump. Muellers report will be finished in the next few months and we will all get to see it probaly around the summer of 19. Be patient. We can debate the findings after they are released

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Or another way to put it from Buzzfeed's Chris Geidner:

Cue (we all kneow who) "What lies" "What's that got to do with Trump?", and even if you answer, they come back witht he same.:roll:

All it takes to accuse and indict someone for lying to the FBI is for the FBI to have anyone who says according to their notes someone else told a different story. If you tell the FBI you didn't know something and someone else says you did, the FBI can pick which of those two to indict for lying, using the other as proof.

Unless under oath and recorded, there should be no prosecutions for lying to the FBI given the FBI has often been proven to lie.

Like I said before, I think he may be more worried about betraying russians than prison in the U.S.

The only thing that gets Mueller here is just how important was Manafort to the evidence in his report? And if Trump/Whitaker/Manafort/whoever else had back-channels to Russia monitoring the whole thing. Yes I say, continued constant monitoring from Russia.

However key Manafort may be remember, Mueller can prove that Manafort broke his plea agreement. So since Mueller has corroborating evidence that can prove that, then he must have evidence to support/not-support other claims Manafort made.

As Trump said, Manafort came in late in the game, unless they had dealings in the past we don't know about (and that's how they found each other) IDK Manafort was that big a fish for Mueller. More a nice-to-have.

I find it funny that as of now the cult members are acting like Manafort was the big cheese that Mueller hung his entire case on. They are going to be very, very disappointed...

Last edited:
All it takes to accuse and indict someone for lying to the FBI is for the FBI to have anyone who says according to their notes someone else told a different story. If you tell the FBI you didn't know something and someone else says you did, the FBI can pick which of those two to indict for lying, using the other as proof.

Unless under oath and recorded, there should be no prosecutions for lying to the FBI given the FBI has often been proven to lie.

...all of this was under oath and recorded. What kind of third-rate propaganda you been fed?

Cue (we all kneow who) "What lies" "What's that got to do with Trump?", and even if you answer, they come back witht he same.:roll:

Trumpbots on twitter now are claiming that Mueller's report is dead in the water and that Manafort was the key guy in the probe. Yeah I know they said at first he was a nuthin' burger, but... They are going to be very, very disappointed...

Wow, that post shows incredible ignorance of how this works. The standard of proof is much higher than "he said / she said". Sorry, I can't let you continue to live in the cloud of ignorance NOR try to convince others to join you there. Please do some research; get to understand the beauty of American justice when its exercised by professionals.

https://www.justice.gov/jm/criminal-resource-manual-916-false-statements-federal-investigator
https://leb.fbi.gov/articles/featured-articles/the-truth-about-lying-what-investigators-need-to-know

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...the-fbi/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a98f708853a0
https://chicagounbound.uchicago.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=4688&context=uclrev
https://www.mcall.com/news/local/al...lowski-trial-lying-to-fbi-20180216-story.html

Last edited:
Sorry, I can't let you continue to live in the cloud of ignorance NOR try to convince others to join you there.

Obviously Fox News is not covering this yet. So we're safe for now from alternate reality lawyers.

Trumpbots on twitter now are claiming that Mueller's report is dead in the water and that Manafort was the key guy in the probe. Yeah I know they said at first he was a nuthin' burger, but... They are going to be very, very disappointed...

Which is hilarious being that the only way Mueller would know Manafort lied under oath is if he has a wealth of other corroborating witness testimony to the contrary. :lol:

Bots cant be disappointed, they are bots.....its a definition thing.

Which is hilarious being that the only way Mueller would know Manafort lied under oath is if he has a wealth of other corroborating witness testimony to the contrary. :lol:

Although they were the first ones to say he wasn't that important... :confused:

...all of this was under oath and recorded. What kind of third-rate propaganda you been fed?
When a poster is so out of it, they don't realize that they're asking for something that has already happened.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

This ain't gonna pretty.
I always had some suspicion that Manafort cut a deal with Trump to leak-back Mueller's knowledge & evidence (in exchange for a pardon), including that of the Grand Jury testimonies. Remember, Manafort never withdrew from the President's JDA (Joint Defense Agreement) that I'm aware. If he hasn't, everything his lawyers know is also known to Trump and all the other JDA participants.

Back
Top Bottom