• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Manafort held secret talks with Assange in Ecuadorian embassy

Threegoofs

Sophisticated man-about-town
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
The city Fox News viewers are afraid to travel to
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
http://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/...sy?CMP=share_btn_tw&__twitter_impression=true

Manafort held secret talks with Assange in Ecuadorian embassy

Donald Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort held secret talks with Julian Assange inside the Ecuadorian embassy in London, and visited around the time he joined Trump’s campaign, the Guardian has been told.

Sources have said Manafort went to see Assange in 2013, 2015 and in spring 2016 – during the period when he was made a key figure in Trump’s push for the White House.

It is unclear why Manafort wanted to see Assange and what was discussed. But the last meeting is likely to come under scrutiny and could interest Robert Mueller, the special prosecutor who is investigating alleged collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Wow. Maybe this is the bit of evidence that Manafort was lying about.

No wonder Trump is furiously tweeting today.

Gotta love the chance to speculate based on unconfirmed contentions presented by unnamed sources. (rumors)

Tailor made for useful idiots.

Yeah.

Those things never pan out.

I remember you saying this about Flynn. And Papadopoulous. And Manafort. And Michael Cohen. And Rick Gates. And... well... you get the gist.

Absolutely astonishing. Add this to the already mountainous stack of evidence. Countless lies. Countless secret encounters. And yet Trump knew nothing about nothing. This is so disgusting it smells of pure sewage.

Oh, I think the Manafort lies will mesh with the Trump written testimony to show that Trump knew something about everything.

Absolutely astonishing. Add this to the already mountainous stack of evidence. Countless lies. Countless secret encounters. And yet Trump knew nothing about nothing. This is so disgusting it smells of pure sewage.

I am now left wondering if Trump hired Manafort b/c of his connection to Assange. And if that was the reason, we can say that Hannity was intimately involved as well.

I am now left wondering if Trump hired Manafort b/c of his connection to Assange. And if that was the reason, we can say that Hannity was intimately involved as well.

What does that have to do with Hannity?

What does that have to do with Hannity?

Hannity frequently teased releases from Assange, interviewed him, and worked exclusively with Wikileaks to leak the emails to the MSM. Assange meanwhile teased on Hannitys show that he had emails but couldn't release them. It ended up being farce, but that depends on how much involvement Hannity had. I also think this was around the time of the Dony Jr tweet.

Or, he wasn't lying about it and that's why Mueller is pissed off.

Funny how that got leaked...today...right after the news of Mueller yanking the plea deal.

Gotta love the chance to speculate based on unconfirmed contentions presented by unnamed sources. (rumors)

From a Nothing Burger- Is that not where all those charges came from?
Nope- No one on the Trump campaign had contacts with Russians- Remember that, and how many sucked down bucket loads of TKA- Trumps Kool Aid
If Trump had nothing to fear why all the attacks on Mueller. DOJ, FBI??

This winter and spring should be very interesting. I can't wait until it all comes out so that we can learn the entire story. Though I do wonder if it will take years before everything comes out.

Yeah.

Those things never pan out.

I remember you saying this about Flynn. And Papadopoulous. And Manafort. And Michael Cohen. And Rick Gates. And... well... you get the gist.

I don't understand how many times trump associates have to lie before they start to understand how ridiculous they look. Reporting from a respected source that uses an unnamed source is correct way more often than not. They are pulling the watergate act all over again. Trash the press for daring to report the truth. They will trash the FBI, the CIA, Judges, DOJ, former officials that have served with dignity, the free press etc. because they really really really think the guy who paid 25 million bucks for defrauding americans with a fake university is a real stand up guy. Insanity.

Hannity frequently teased releases from Assange, interviewed him, and worked exclusively with Wikileaks to leak the emails to the MSM. Assange meanwhile teased on Hannitys show that he had emails but couldn't release them. It ended up being farce, but that depends on how much involvement Hannity had. I also think this was around the time of the Dony Jr tweet.

From memory it seems like Hannity only started sucking Assanges dick after he started releasing items. But anything is possible.

From memory it seems like Hannity only started sucking Assanges dick after he started releasing items. But anything is possible.

I would bet money that you can build a case that Hannity was intent on releasing the emails and would do anything to get them, including breaking the law. What could be interesting is if you could figure out just when and how Hannity hired Cohen....

This winter and spring should be very interesting. I can't wait until it all comes out so that we can learn the entire story. Though I do wonder if it will take years before everything comes out.

It always does. We are still finding stuff out about Nixon and Agnew and just how corrupt they were. Nixon was literally one of the most treasonous americans in the history of the country.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/s...spired-with-foreign-power-win-election-215461

It always does. We are still finding stuff out about Nixon and Agnew and just how corrupt they were. Nixon was literally one of the most treasonous americans in the history of the country.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/s...spired-with-foreign-power-win-election-215461

The "Chennault Affair" is one of the most shocking things I ever read about. It really seems like Nixon deserved to be executed for that. How many thousands of lives were lost... disgusting. I have no doubt Trump would do something similar for any such reason.

Reporter who covers Assange says this story is not true.

https://twitter.com/evagolinger
Everything in the Ecuador Embassy was taped (video 24/7). It is impossible that Manafort went to see Assange without being registered & taped and without Embassy personnel knowing. I went there many times to see Assange & can attest to the high level of security.

Love how they claim Manafort met with Assange but all visitors to the embassy get logged and there is no log with Manafort visiting the embassy.
Since you cant prove a negative, the proof has to be that he did visit, Where is the proof?

Love how they claim Manafort met with Assange but all visitors to the embassy get logged and there is no log with Manafort visiting the embassy.
Since you cant prove a negative, the proof has to be that he did visit, Where is the proof?

My bet would be that Ecuador wants to get rid of Assange and is fully cooperating with Mueller.

Better hope that it's just rumor.

This is it. It's all unraveling.

Could be pretty big. If true, this basically ties the Trump campaign to the release of the stolen emails. Get ready for deflection and denial o rama. I wondered what he was flipping out on Twitter about today. Guess that we know now.

Looks pretty big. This basically ties the Trump campaign to the release of the stolen emails. Get ready for deflection and denial o rama. I wondered what he was flipping out on Twitter about today. Guess that we know now.

Manafort and Roger Stone are the connections to Wikileaks and Russia.

Back
Top Bottom