• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man with WWI explosive lodged in his rectum sparks bomb scare, hospital evacuation

Mr Person

A Little Bitter
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
A French hospital was partially evacuated Saturday after a senior citizen arrived with a World War I artillery shell lodged in his rectum. The 88-year-old patient visited Hospital Sainte Musse in Toulon to have the antique explosive removed — but instead sparked a “bomb scare,” French publication Var-Matin reported. “An emergency occurred from 9 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. on Saturday evening that required the intervention of bomb disposal personnel, the evacuation of adult and pediatric emergencies as well as the diversion of incoming emergencies,” a hospital spokesperson stated. . . . . Bomb disposal experts at the scene determined there was little possibility the shell would explode inside the man. . .Stunned doctors subsequently began the process of trying to remove the object — which measured almost 8 inches long and more than 2 inches wide — from the man’s rectum.​

I bet Florida Man can top this and then some

Gives new meaning to “explosive diarrhea.”

A French hospital was partially evacuated Saturday after a senior citizen arrived with a World War I artillery shell lodged in his rectum. The 88-year-old patient visited Hospital Sainte Musse in Toulon to have the antique explosive removed — but instead sparked a “bomb scare,” French publication Var-Matin reported. “An emergency occurred from 9 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. on Saturday evening that required the intervention of bomb disposal personnel, the evacuation of adult and pediatric emergencies as well as the diversion of incoming emergencies,” a hospital spokesperson stated. . . . . Bomb disposal experts at the scene determined there was little possibility the shell would explode inside the man. . .Stunned doctors subsequently began the process of trying to remove the object — which measured almost 8 inches long and more than 2 inches wide — from the man’s rectum.​

“It’s believed the pervy patient inserted the item up his anus for sexual pleasure”

People are weird.

“It’s believed the pervy patient inserted the item up his anus for sexual pleasure”

People are weird.

Hmm… a self-inflicted artillery wound. ;)

I've never seen a bomb but anything from certain vegetation to bottles and glasses. Shot glass you ask? No, whisker tumbler, although I only saw the x-ray of that one.

I've never seen a bomb but anything from certain vegetation to bottles and glasses. Shot glass you ask? No, whisker tumbler, although I only saw the x-ray of that one.
Damn!

Well there's something you don't hear every day.

People are weird.
At 88 years old, I’d say dementia played a significant part in his choice.

I hate it when that happens

Back
Top Bottom