• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man with machete kills woman in southern Germany

Apocalypse

DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Man with machete kills woman in southern Germany

Bild newspaper reports man arrested after killing a woman and injuring two other people in ReutlingenA man wielding a machete has killed a woman and wounded two other people in the southern German city of Reutlingen before being arrested, the Bild newspaper has reported.

German police said that the man was a Syrian asylum-seeker who had been involved in previous incidents.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/24/man-with-machete-kills-woman-in-southern-germany

This is the third incident in Germany in the last 5 days and the second involving a cold weapon.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/24/man-with-machete-kills-woman-in-southern-germany

This is the third incident in Germany in the last 5 days and the second involving a cold weapon.

The media and politicians are in a frenzy. The military was put on alert during the Munich shooting and with an already highly restrictive gun ownership law they are discussing that it needs to be tightened. This is in spite of the fact that the boy had bought the anonomized gun and more than 300 rounds on the black market without any problems. It is the sham excitement that politicians push through their agenda with and media sell copy on.

But I do wonder what would happen, if there were hits with the frequency as in Israel, Turkey or many other counties. Judging by the present the society would be in danger.

The media and politicians are in a frenzy. The military was put on alert during the Munich shooting and with an already highly restrictive gun ownership law they are discussing that it needs to be tightened. This is in spite of the fact that the boy had bought the anonomized gun and more than 300 rounds on the black market without any problems. It is the sham excitement that politicians push through their agenda with and media sell copy on.

But I do wonder what would happen, if there were hits with the frequency as in Israel, Turkey or many other counties. Judging by the present the society would be in danger.

Every society gets used to everything when it has to.

Thanks. It makes sense, but I hadn't heard it used quite that way before.

Yeah, to me a "hot weapon" is one that was stolen or has a body on it-a cold weapon is one that doesn't have that aura of illegality about it

Dunno if you're aware of it, but Bild is the newspaper that in Germany people say has to be held horizontally so that all the blood doesn't run out. Favourite headline make-up (by the more sarcastic readers) "Man put wife thru meat grinder and Bild was the first to interview the meat loaf"

More at http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/259473-yet-another-killing-reutlingen-germany.html

In Germany, it's illegal to possess a machete in public. Looks like that law didn't work.

It wasn't hard for the Mickey D shooter to get a gun.

He bought it on the internet. The "dark web" apparently. Probably for an awful lot of money.

Do you know how to find the dark web?

He bought it on the internet. The "dark web" apparently. Probably for an awful lot of money.

I thought the dark net worked more like the old internet, where you needed to know the address of the counterpart to contact it. But illegal guns are not difficult to buy in the black market even in middle sized German cities and don't seem to be so expensive, from all I have heard.

Probably harder than finding his gun. The neighboring country austria has been exporting illegally made glock ripoffs for a while. Not hard for people in that country who manufacture the real thing to understand how to make a functional knockoff on the side and sell it on the black market.

There are also many stolen weapons as well as weapons exported to other countries that end up on the black market. It is also easy to just plain manufacture guns, which means gun laws heavily restricting or banning guns will not end supply, just simply move it from legal sources to illegal sources.

Merkel must really get turned on by all that blood she has on her hands.

Hillary wants to be the American Merkel and bring in more of these bastards. God help us all if she wins!

In Germany, it's illegal to possess a machete in public. Looks like that law didn't work.
Wasn't a machete, just a Döner stripping knife.

Try to keep up, eh?

Wasn't a machete, just a Döner stripping knife.

Try to keep up, eh?

Whichever, both fall under the German knife law as, "for home, or business use", and it's illegal to carry them in public.

If this kind of stuff keep happening, people in Europe are going to get pissed off and start taking the law into their own hands. We think of the Europeans as being weak, but the truth is that these are some of the hardest people you'll ever meet when the chips are down. A few more instances like this and you may start seeing Muslims hanging from light-posts and trees.

Whichever, both fall under the German knife law as, "for home, or business use", and it's illegal to carry them in public.
He wasn't carrying it in public, Except for the brief time it took to chase his girlfriend out of the snack bar they both worked in and to kill her outside. He'd picked it up in there in passing.

No idea what you're trying to achieve here.

"hey, I'm gonna kill that quarrelsome beeyatch but better not take this meat sticker I just grabbed outside cuz the law's gonna be mad at me".

Jesus wept.

If this kind of stuff keep happening, people in Europe are going to get pissed off and start taking the law into their own hands. We think of the Europeans as being weak, but the truth is that these are some of the hardest people you'll ever meet when the chips are down. A few more instances like this and you may start seeing Muslims hanging from light-posts and trees.
In your opinion, of course.

Back
Top Bottom