• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man with armed security detail says, "I am opposed to self-defense."

Sadly, many people would agree with him.
Macaroni is an idiot.

Rep. Cori Bush is at the same level. She has private security, while parroting the "Defund the police" schtick.

Macaroni is an idiot.

Rep. Cori Bush is at the same level. She has private security, while parroting the "Defund the police" schtick.
Childish name calling.

Typical Republican.

Compared to the thousands of DP posts containing childish names for Trump?
Didnt your mom teach you that you aren't responsible for the actions of others but you are responsible for your own actions?

When you resort to childish name calling that's on you. It reflects poorly on you. Regardless of what other people do.

Yes very hypocritical if the downtrodden masses don't get L.E. or military guards. Alas though we are talking self important politicians though.

Political leaders tend to need more protection - would you like to see the Secret Service disbanded ?

Try taking a gun to a Trump rally, more than anyone he qualifies as a "self important politician".

Because the people doing the guarding of said politicians (hypocritical or not) are often members of law enforcement or the military.
Doesn't change the fact that those politcians have the protection of guns while at the same time trying to deny others the protection of guns.

I didn't give you my opinion of what is legitimate.

Did I specifically say TV. I don't think so.

The point is to get your news from sources that existed a generation ago, before the internet and cable.

That would include TV like PBS and the networks, but it also includes most of your major Daily newspapers, news magazines, etc.

Try it......it won't hurt you, and might help.
Lol the same local newspapers and tv stations that refused that to report on hunter bidens laptop? You still probably haven't seen that Lol.

The same media that......
●Reported that Trump called the covid virus a hoax?
●Reported that Trump colluded with Russia?
●Ignored Bidens admitted Quid Pro Quo with Ukraine while running with Trumps bull crap phone QPQ with Ukraine. Never covered his son being on burismas board for influence from Biden and they got their monies worth it seems.
●Allowed Biden, who is obviously demented and unfit for office, to go unquestioned about his sad brain issues while demanding Trump, who while a giant pecker head always displays a lively mind, get a mental evaluation.
●Reported daily on covid deaths even refusing to report on the admitted "death with covid" scandle while Trump was president to damage him yet barely reported on Biden's covid death count which surpassed trumps despite 3 vaccines and several treatments.

I could go on and on. Nothing surprises me anymore. Bias media AKA fake news covers all media forms including social media. You are probably limited in your political knowledge about Biden because of it.

Did you know Biden was against the desegregation of schools?

Did you know Biden admitted that Robert Byrd, a Democrat senator and KKK Grand Kleagle, was his mentor?

Did you know Biden was accused of shoving his fingers into a staffers vagina against her wishes? Her event timeliness said to be much more credible than the Kavanaugh accuser.

Be honest Did you know these things?

Sadly, many people would agree with him.

As you say, easy for a man with his own armed bodyguards to say.

People break in your home, you don't know what their intentions are. There is no guarantee they'll be satisfied to make off with your cash and the telly.

Lol the same local newspapers and tv stations that refused that to report on hunter bidens laptop? You still probably haven't seen that Lol.

The same media that......
●Reported that Trump called the covid virus a hoax?
●Reported that Trump colluded with Russia?
●Ignored Bidens admitted Quid Pro Quo with Ukraine while running with Trumps bull crap phone QPQ with Ukraine. Never covered his son being on burismas board for influence from Biden and they got their monies worth it seems.
●Allowed Biden, who is obviously demented and unfit for office, to go unquestioned about his sad brain issues while demanding Trump, who while a giant pecker head always displays a lively mind, get a mental evaluation.
●Reported daily on covid deaths even refusing to report on the admitted "death with covid" scandle while Trump was president to damage him yet barely reported on Biden's covid death count which surpassed trumps despite 3 vaccines and several treatments.

I could go on and on. Nothing surprises me anymore. Bias media AKA fake news covers all media forms including social media. You are probably limited in your political knowledge about Biden because of it.

Did you know Biden was against the desegregation of schools?

Did you know Biden admitted that Robert Byrd, a Democrat senator and KKK Grand Kleagle, was his mentor?

Did you know Biden was accused of shoving his fingers into a staffers vagina against her wishes? Her event timeliness said to be much more credible than the Kavanaugh accuser.

Be honest Did you know these things?
Try it.

What are you afraid of?

I don't get these people. To them rape is just a four letter word they hear or read about..... until it comes to their family and they wonder how something like that could possibly happen to them when it's supposed to only happen to someone else.
And everyone of those hypocrites praising Macron would grab a gun and shoot a criminal trying to harm them or family if they had a gun.

Try it.

What are you afraid of?
Do you not understand that I basically proved that I do? More often sadely than I like.

And thanks for ignoring the questions lol. Telling!

Afraid of Liberal bias? Conservatives are use to it. Now you friend will hopefully find out who the fearful ones are when Musk buys Twitter. They are already preparing to jump out of the 10 floor window on your side lol. It's gonna be popcorn worthy for sure.

You probably are unaware of the Twitter bias toward conservative lol. Those bad arsed sources I guess.

Love for you to man up and answer those questions you ignored.

How many deadly enemies do you have?
Thankfully not as many as the woman that was just killed, stuffed in a suit case, and dragged from her home. The killer used her phone to text her husband and son to say they were next.

Bet she wishes she had a gun OR armed security!

If someone confronts you and robs your person then there's an element of a minor assault by the sheer threat. However if someone stealthily pickpockets you without an implied threat then there isn't an assault component to the crime and it's just robbery. This distinction is critically important for burglaries since you can't automatically assume that the criminal wants to punch you. For example a youth could try to steal a bike in the garden out of opportunism without trying to pick a fight if they're caught. Or else a conman could trick a woman out of a lot of money but there’s no suggestion of a threat of rape. If there's multiple burglars then it might just mean that they wanted to carry away a lot of goods. There's a chance the extra number of burglars are there to defend against police or property owners but this isn't always the case. If you confront a gang of thieves and they leap at you, then you can conclude that the thieves were intent on violence. So even if I ignore the stand your ground laws, my problem with the castle doctrine is that statistically most thieves aren't murderers.

How many deadly enemies do you have?

None.

But those who attack your family and yourself are just looking for targets of opportunity. Like most predators they pick on those most vulnerable. I don't Intend to ever be vulnerable.

It is not fear. It is being prepared and having situational awareness. Predators can sense this.

If someone confronts you and robs your person then there's an element of a minor assault by the sheer threat. However if someone stealthily pickpockets you without an implied threat then there isn't an assault component to the crime and it's just robbery. This distinction is critically important for burglaries since you can't automatically assume that the criminal wants to punch you. For example a youth could try to steal a bike in the garden out of opportunism without trying to pick a fight if they're caught. Or else a conman could trick a woman out of a lot of money but there’s no suggestion of a threat of rape. If there's multiple burglars then it might just mean that they wanted to carry away a lot of goods. There's a chance the extra number of burglars are there to defend against police or property owners but this isn't always the case. If you confront a gang of thieves and they leap at you, then you can conclude that the thieves were intent on violence. So even if I ignore the stand your ground laws, my problem with the castle doctrine is that statistically most thieves aren't murderers.

Simple
I would not kill another human being over property.

Burglars don't normally enter an occupied home. If they do and I am home I will kill them. Most likely if they enter a home and find the owner home it will get violent.

If I am accosted on the street I will warn them to come no closer if they are obviously coming towards me. If they ignore the warning then I certainly feel threatened and will act accordingly.

I have several pistols that I carry according to how I am dressed. Most often it is a shrouded 38 special in my coat pocket. If I am in a dicey area that gun is already in my hand. I practice a lot. I can shoot through the pocket of that coat and put 5 shots in a 1 gallon paint can at 15 yards. Don't intend to let them get any closer.

Simple
I would not kill another human being over property.
(y)(y)(y)

Burglars don't normally enter an occupied home. If they do and I am home I will kill them. Most likely if they enter a home and find the owner home it will get violent.

I'm not sure if part of this overprotectiveness is related to a distrust of the court system. The court system has the ability to punish thieves with prison sentences and even lengthier ones for the violent thieves. It's up to Americans to work out the consistency and severity of your own courts. I don’t agree with corporal punishment but it might even be more humane an outcome than excessive self-defence. In other words a few lashes of the whip is more tolerable than several near-lethal and disabling bullet wounds.

No shooting innocent people because you fear them.... What's the world coming to?
You completely don't understand that someone breaking into your house is not an innocent act, and neither is someone threatening you with physical violence.

(y)(y)(y)

I'm not sure if part of this overprotectiveness is related to a distrust of the court system. The court system has the ability to punish thieves with prison sentences and even lengthier ones for the violent thieves. It's up to Americans to work out the consistency and severity of your own courts. I don’t agree with corporal punishment but it might even be more humane an outcome than excessive self-defence. In other words a few lashes of the whip is more tolerable than several near-lethal and disabling bullet wounds.
There is and old saying.....spare the rod and spoil the child.

Funny but it seems when the rod was spared the child was spoiled. Crime went up and society went to crap. Time out just doesn't work as good as a nice ass whipping.

My aunt told my grandmother to use timeout instead of abuelas normal do as I say or it's your butt. Grandma did as ordered for a few weeks. One day my younger cousin then like 5 years old was writing with a crayon on the wall. My grandmother caught her and said don't you write on that wall. My cousin look at her defiantly then turned facing the wall and drew a line straight down the wall looking back at grandma half way through. My grandma, then like 60 years old, flew across the room like Usain Bolt and spanked her. She never wrote on the wall again AND she never defied my grand mother's orders. My aunt was pissed and put my cousin in a daycare which lasted like 2 weeks. The old Spanish lady owner had enough of the brat (my cousin was a brat) and pulled her by the ear when she refused to do as told. So for some corporal punishment in necessary. Society is proof!

Back
Top Bottom