• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man shot to death by L.A. County deputy was not a carjacking suspect, officials say

Re: Man shot to death by L.A. County deputy was not a carjacking suspect, officials s

Right. So, it COULD have been someone armed and had ALREADY FIRED ON POLICE.
Just deal with the facts. All you're doing is making a plea to my emotions. Sorry, that won't work. They didn't know if this was the guy. Firing on him is not the way to engage an potentially innocent person.

They suspected him of being ARMED and someone who had ALREADY FIRED ON POLICE.
Again, you're making an emotional plea. Stop, think rationally and then write.

They didn't know. Because they didn't know, they shouldn't attack until they have to. They didn't have to and they did anyway. They ****ed up big time and should pay the price for their misplaced aggression.

Irrelevancies are irrelevant.
Very true. Yet, me saying they attacked an innocent person without reasonable justification based on very scant information is irrelevant? Wow...

Re: Man shot to death by L.A. County deputy was not a carjacking suspect, officials s

Funny how you ignore what the duty of police officers is.

CLUE: It is not to die needlessly.

Strawman noted

Just deal with the facts. All you're doing is making a plea to my emotions. Sorry, that won't work. They didn't know if this was the guy. Firing on him is not the way to engage an potentially innocent person.

Deal with the facts?

They DID NOT KNOW he was unarmed. Fact.

They DID NOT KNOW he was not the person who already fired on police. Fact.

Again, you're making an emotional plea. Stop, think rationally and then write.

Please show me the "emotional plea".

It is a fact that they suspected him of being ARMED and someone who had ALREADY FIRED ON POLICE.

They didn't know. Because they didn't know, they shouldn't attack until they have to. They didn't have to and they did anyway. They ****ed up big time and should pay the price for their misplaced aggression.

Emotional plea.

They didn't know so they took steps to find out.

At which time he attacked the police.

Very true.

I know.

Yet, me saying they attacked an innocent person without reasonable justification based on very scant information is irrelevant? Wow...

You are CLAIMING they attacked an innocent person without reasonable justification.

What are the duties of a police officer?

Is it to stand around while a potentially armed and dangerous man attacks them?

Maintenance of law and order.
Preservation of the peace.
Prevention and detection of crime.
Apprehension of offenders.
Enforcement of all laws with which it is charged.

Nothing in there about, "never putting own life in danger".

Nothing in there about, "never putting own life in danger".

Exactly....

So why do YOU believe they should have stood around while a potentially armed and dangerous man attacked them.

Exactly....

So why do YOU believe they should have stood around while a potentially armed and dangerous man attacked them.

How about you put your strawman away? It's dull and dumb.

I've already made it clear what I believe. Not sure why you feel the need to create a position for me than ask me to defend it.

They attacked a man based on a description that extremely common. Then we find out the fact was they attacked and killed an innocent man. Yet, all you've done is claim the police did the right thing and should continue following this obvious faulty procedures.

WTF is wrong with you?

How about you put your strawman away? It's dull and dumb.

I've already made it clear what I believe. Not sure why you feel the need to create a position for me than ask me to defend it.

They attacked a man based on a description that extremely common. Then we find out the fact was they attacked and killed an innocent man. Yet, all you've done is claim the police did the right thing and should continue following this obvious faulty procedures.

WTF is wrong with you?

The "attacked" someone who was suspected to be someone who had fired on police. Someone who refused to comply with instructions. Someone who charges the police.

That he was unarmed was NOT known until after the event.

That he wasn't the original suspect was NOT known until after the event.

Lets see.....

Police show up.

What is the intelligent thing to do?

1. Show your hands.

2. Charge the police.

Hmmmmmm

First, we change the standard for culpability. Justification for shootings should be based on the factual evidence in a case and not on the perceptions or mental state of the officer. Police should have to justify every bullet they fire based on an ACUTAL and not just perceived threat.

We need clear-cut guidelines on the deployment of armored vehicles and SWAT-style forces.

We need greater training emphasizing deescalation and empathy and not just officer safety.

And we need accountability when the wrong man gets gunned down.

You clearly have zero understanding of how dangerous a police offer's job is. If an officer feels his life is in danger he has every right to protect himself. Why should LEOs be expected to protect everyone else except themselves?

Back
Top Bottom