• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man shot in the arm after attacking ex-girlfriend, 2-year-old child, police say

Bum

I survived. Suck it, Schrodinger.
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
SAN ANTONIO – A man was shot in the arm and may face charges after attacking his ex-girlfriend and her 2-year-old child on the West Side, according to San Antonio police.
The incident happened a little after 8 p.m. Friday in the 3700 block of Wurzbach Road.
Officers were called to the scene for a report of a shooting. Upon arrival, police saw a 25-year-old man standing outside of the residence shot in the arm, officials said.
The man was not cooperating with officers during the investigation and also appeared intoxicated, police said.

In Illinois...

Park Manor robbery: Man shot, killed while trying to rob South Side gas station, Chicago police say
Park Manor shooting: Man shot, killed while trying to rob South Cottage Grove Citgo gas station, Chicago police say - ABC7 Chicago

In North Carolina...

Man shoots suspect trying to break into his car along Blue Ridge Parkway, officials say
Access Denied

Back again in Illinois...

Off-Duty Cook County Corrections Officer Shoots Armed Robber Who Was Trying To Carjack Him, Officials Say

Off-Duty Cook County Corrections Officer Shoots Armed Robber Who Was Trying To Carjack Him, Officials Say – CBS Chicago

In California...

Elderly Woman Fires ‘Warning Shot,’ Holds Intruder At Gunpoint After Canyon Country Burglary
Elderly Woman Fires ‘Warning Shot,' Holds Intruder At Gunpoint After Canyon Country Burglary

In North Carolina again...

Store clerk shoots man after incident outside Fayetteville food mart
https://www.wral.com/store-clerk-shoots-man-after-incident-outside-fayetteville-food-mart/19266317/

In Florida...

Sanford homeowner who shot, killed 17-year-old trying to break into car won’t face charges, state attorney says
https://www.wftv.com/news/local/san...ate-attorney-says/ZJEWKOB4DNHGHIROS5FTCSQF2M/

In Texas...

Man wounded after kicking in door of Fort Worth residence in home invasion, police say
https://www.star-telegram.com/article245431905.html

In Pennsylvania...

Armed robbery suspect shot dead by victim he was trying to rob in West Philadelphia
https://6abc.com/man-shoots-kills-would-be-robber-in-west-philadelphia/5669566/

And finally, in Texas....

Richardson gun store owner fakes heart attack, grabs gun to shoot armed robber
https://www.fox4news.com/news/richa...-heart-attack-grabs-gun-to-shoot-armed-robber

I am a bit late this week....Lady Bum gave me a "to do" list that reads like an expanded version of War and Peace.

Everyone be safe and enjoy the weekend. :2wave:

SAN ANTONIO – A man was shot in the arm and may face charges after attacking his ex-girlfriend and her 2-year-old child on the West Side, according to San Antonio police.
The incident happened a little after 8 p.m. Friday in the 3700 block of Wurzbach Road.
Officers were called to the scene for a report of a shooting. Upon arrival, police saw a 25-year-old man standing outside of the residence shot in the arm, officials said.
The man was not cooperating with officers during the investigation and also appeared intoxicated, police said.

From that link:

Police said the incident happened after the man came over to his ex-girlfriend’s apartment, and they argued over property.

The man then reportedly grabbed his ex-girlfriend by the neck and threw her down to the ground, police said.

The man also went and allegedly grabbed her 2-year-old child by the neck, and that’s when his ex-girlfriend reached into her purse, grabbed a gun and shot him once in the arm, according to SAPD.

Without a firearm, it would have been virtually impossible for this woman to stop this scumbag, but that's the kind of world the political left wants - one where the strong can easily prey on the weak - because that is the net effect of gun control.

From that link:

Without a firearm, it would have been virtually impossible for this woman to stop this scumbag, but that's the kind of world the political left wants - one where the strong can easily prey on the weak - because that is the net effect of gun control.

Yes, I know....its an unfortunate fact in our society that criminals and abusers like to seek out those weaker and smaller, necessitating the Colonel Sam Colt equalization method.

Yes, I know....its an unfortunate fact in our society that criminals and abusers like to seek out those weaker and smaller, necessitating the Colonel Sam Colt equalization method.

It always struck me as incredibly inconsistent how progressives complain about "inequality" in society, while being adamantly against the kind of equality that matters most.

From that link:

“Without a firearm, it would have been virtually impossible for this woman to stop this scumbag, but that's the kind of world the political left wants - one where the strong can easily prey on the weak - because that is the net effect of gun control.

A new study has found that a higher rate of firearm ownership is associated with a higher rate of domestic violence homicide in the United States, but that the same does not hold true for other kinds of gun homicide.

That means that women, who make up most victims of domestic homicide, are among those most at risk, said Aaron Kivisto, an associate professor of clinical psychology at the University of Indianapolis and the lead author on the study.

“It is women, in particular, who are bearing the burden of this increased gun ownership,” he said.“

Gun Ownership Rates Tied to Domestic Homicides, but Not Other Killings, Study Finds - The New York Times

If only there were firearms in these households.

It always struck me as incredibly inconsistent how progressives complain about "inequality" in society, while being adamantly against the kind of equality that matters most.

So you think more Black people should arm themselves and deal with their attackers *directly*?

Yeeeeesh. NO bueno.

So you think more Black people should arm themselves and deal with their attackers *directly*?

Yeeeeesh. NO bueno.

I think more law abiding citizens, regardless of color should be prepared exercise their inherent right to self defense rather than become a victim under the mistaken assumption that Law Enforcement will always arrive like the Cavalry at the last minute.

I think more law abiding citizens, regardless of color should be prepared exercise their inherent right to self defense rather than become a victim under the mistaken assumption that Law Enforcement will always arrive like the Cavalry at the last minute.

Guns don’t keep citizens safe. 2A is an anachronism that should be abolished.

I don’t care how many times ya’ll watch Die Hard. If any **** goes down, most of you will either crap your pants or just fail to respond in a manner that actually changes the equation because owning a gun, training with a gun has nothing to do with law enforcement. Zeroooooooo.

A new study has found that a higher rate of firearm ownership is associated with a higher rate of domestic violence homicide in the United States, but that the same does not hold true for other kinds of gun homicide.

That means that women, who make up most victims of domestic homicide, are among those most at risk, said Aaron Kivisto, an associate professor of clinical psychology at the University of Indianapolis and the lead author on the study.

“It is women, in particular, who are bearing the burden of this increased gun ownership,” he said.“

Gun Ownership Rates Tied to Domestic Homicides, but Not Other Killings, Study Finds - The New York Times

If only there were firearms in these households.

First of all, only people who are dumb enough to subscribe to that biased, worthless rag can read that link, and that ain't me. If you had an actual argument, you would have provided a direct link to the study. Why didn't you?

Second, the decision to own a firearm is up to the individual. It doesn't matter what any study says. I could conduct a study that shows homes with swimming pools are far more dangerous for children, does that mean we should ban pools?

Rebuilt community services that don’t assume every situation is a nail requiring a hammer.

How does "rebuilding community services" (whateverthatdumbcrapmeans) protect black people from their attackers?

You asked this question:

My answer to your question is "Yes, of course they should." You disagree, so why don't you state specifically how black people are suppose to defend themselves from their attackers while people like you prevent them from owning firearms.

I don’t care how many times ya’ll watch Die Hard. If any **** goes down, most of you will either crap your pants or just fail to respond in a manner that actually changes the equation because owning a gun, training with a gun has nothing to do with law enforcement. Zeroooooooo.

Dear me....Rich, is that you?

You changed your hair.

First of all, only people who are dumb enough to subscribe to that biased, worthless rag can read that link, and that ain't me. If you had an actual argument, you would have provided a direct link to the study. Why didn't you?

Second, the decision to own a firearm is up to the individual. It doesn't matter what any study says. I could conduct a study that shows homes with swimming pools are far more dangerous for children, does that mean we should ban pools?

I believe you when you say you aren’t going to be swayed by numbers but you want people to be swayed by your feelings about your gun.

Dear me....Rich, is that you?

You changed your hair.

I don’t know who that is. The person in my av is the lead singer of a band.

How old are you? IT’s not a new band.

How does "rebuilding community services" (whateverthatdumbcrapmeans) protect black people from their attackers?

You asked this question:

My answer to your question is "Yes, of course they should." You disagree, so why don't you state specifically how black people are suppose to defend themselves from their attackers while people like you prevent them from owning firearms.

I did.

I don’t know who that is. The person in my av is the lead singer of a band.

How old are you? IT’s not a new band.

How nice for the band; does my age affect their popularity?

How nice for the band; does my age affect their popularity?

No, it affects your ability to properly flip **** at people when trying to do that.

No, it affects your ability to properly flip **** at people when trying to do that.

My ability to flip pancakes is in no jeopardy.....your refrain on personal defense, however, is not new.

Thanks for visiting, and please come back; I usually post punctually every Friday unless Lady Bum has grunt work for me around the house. :2wave:

My ability to flip pancakes is in no jeopardy.....your refrain on personal defense, however, is not new.

Thanks for visiting, and please come back; I usually post punctually every Friday unless Lady Bum has grunt work for me around the house. :2wave:

Ah. Fox News Watcher. Makes sense.

The band is called “ Siouxsie and the Banshees“, fyi. Play ‘em. Maybe Mrs Bum will get a thrill. ;)

All I can say is I'm glad I'm not a woman if the SHTF. Rather when.

Damn! I so could not think of his name. Undercover maybe?

Nah....he hasn't been in for about a month; Once his need to share his brand of cognitive dissonance reaches critical mass, I'm sure he will return.

Ah. Fox News Watcher. Makes sense.

The band is called “ Siouxsie and the Banshees“, fyi. Play ‘em. Maybe Mrs Bum will get a thrill. ;)

Lady Bum says "pass"....she is more of a Máddji, Sabaton, Roy Orbison, Within Temptation, Patsy Cline, The HU, kinda listener. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom