• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man Says Cocaine In His Ass Isn’t His

After writing a speeding ticket, one of the deputies asked Roberts if he smoked marijuana and when had he done it last. According to the arrest report, Roberts replied that he smoked the night before and there was nothing in the car. He then told the two deputies to search the car.>>

A speeding ticket doesn't give cops the right to ask non-related, personal questions, walk a straight line if they expect DUI... Nothing else...

ricksfolly

Wait, so you want cops to make you get out of your car and go for a walk rather than asking you if the smell of marijuana is coming from you.

Not me. I don't worry bout race profiling. I's white.

ricksfolly

:lol: Actually, they were within their rights to as they did, race had nothing to do with it, as Ms. NextDoor kindly posted.

Once the officer pulls over a vehicle, he doesn't necessarily have to write a ticket. If the vehicle seems suspicious, the officer may just want to question the occupants, check their licenses against the department database and look inside the car. He can look at anything in plain view in the car. However, he does not have sufficient cause yet to enter and search the car. To do so would violate the Fourth Amendment protection against unreasonable search and seizure. However, if this preliminary investigation adds more weight to the officer's initial suspicion, he may have probable cause for an arrest and search. Again, this depends on the presence of specific factors in the profile, not just a "feeling," and race cannot be a factor.

Therefore, the cops had every right to question the driver, 'cause they could smell marijuana, and then, 'cause the driver gave them permission, they were within the law to search his vehicle.

ricksfolly

Who said anything about race profiling? How about not breaking the law, not shoving illegal and illicit drugs down into your drawers and then not giving the police permission to search your private property?

Give. Me. A. Break.

Anything to make race an issue, eh?

I'm not surprised he didn't want it. Would you, knowing where it's been?

Maybe this was all a big misunderstanding and the guy was just smuggling dingleberries.

I read the title and thought this would be a story of a guy shoving something UP his ass, but alas, it's just not as humorous with the illegal booty just shoved into his skivies.

I'd say something like 'Why? That sort of thing excite you?'... but I'm a newbie so I'll refrain until I learn the ropes.

:bolt

ricksfolly

I take it you must avoid the black neighborhoods then, because I've been racially profiled driving through one.

A white boy driving in a black neighborhood after dark is assumed to be buying drugs, according to some cops. They simply can't fathom that you might have a friend who lives there.

I take it you must avoid the black neighborhoods then, because I've been racially profiled driving through one.

A white boy driving in a black neighborhood after dark is assumed to be buying drugs, according to some cops. They simply can't fathom that you might have a friend who lives there.
Right, I mean, who in their right mind has friends that are of a different race?

Or... maybe they are aware that some white people live in predominately black areas.

You know, that thing in a free society that says we don't have government forced racial segretation of neighborhoods... :roll:

Or... maybe they are aware that some white people live in predominately black areas.

You know, that thing in a free society that says we don't have government forced racial segretation of neighborhoods... :roll:

And when they run the plates and see that the person doesn't live in that black neighborhood, what assumption are they making then?

I'd say something like 'Why? That sort of thing excite you?'... but I'm a newbie so I'll refrain until I learn the ropes.

:bolt

Nah. I'm not easily offended.

And when they run the plates and see that the person doesn't live in that black neighborhood, what assumption are they making then?

Tucker makes very good and valid points, Caine. You know... so tell us. Enlighten us to how it really works.

Its TRUE! Either that or you are about to get your ass kicked and have your car put up on blocks. The near West side and south side of Chicago is 100% like that. My buddy took a wrong turn 3 months ago and we were in his convertable. We LITERALLY had every black person that saw us look like they wanted to kill us man. THEN we had one car actually try to drive us off the road!!!!

I read the title and thought this would be a story of a guy shoving something UP his ass, but alas, it's just not as humorous with the illegal booty just shoved into his skivies.

ever see what happens to a "mule" when a condom ruptures in their stomach or colon

not a pretty sight.

heroin isn't nearly as bad as cocaine

After writing a speeding ticket, one of the deputies asked Roberts if he smoked marijuana and when had he done it last. According to the arrest report, Roberts replied that he smoked the night before and there was nothing in the car. He then told the two deputies to search the car.>>

A speeding ticket doesn't give cops the right to ask non-related, personal questions, walk a straight line if they expect DUI... Nothing else...

ricksfolly

how many suppression hearings have you attended or actually defended

he was talking out of his ass and he got busted

how many suppression hearings have you attended or actually defended

he was talking out of his ass and he got busted

He didn't know it was up there. Somebody just ran by and stuffed it up there. Happens all the time.:lol:

That they have a friend there.........

*sigh*

Why do people go out of their way to think the worst of those that keep order in society?

Tucker makes very good and valid points, Caine. You know... so tell us. Enlighten us to how it really works.

He doesn't make any valid points.

He is making nothing more than hair brain ass speculation based upon negative stereotypes.

If I were to stereotype people the way people stereotype cops, I'd be fired and under the jail. Talk about ****ing hypocrites.....

Forget it. You're out of his zone.. You're not going to get anywhere with A B C connect the dots logistics. Too much accumulated unreal movie influence...

Writers actually plan their scenes to come in late and leave early...

ricksfolly

He doesn't make any valid points.

He is making nothing more than hair brain ass speculation based upon negative stereotypes.

If I were to stereotype people the way people stereotype cops, I'd be fired and under the jail. Talk about ****ing hypocrites.....

You are always so quick to defend cops in any and all situations without knowing jack**** about the situation that it never occurs to you that I'm not talking about stereotypes, but instead personal experience.

Nope.

All you do is prove, without a doubt, that at least some cops draw false conclusions based on their own overconfidence in their piss-poor deductive skills.

P.S. cops aren't victims. So constantly playing the "victim card" is getting old.

Wait a second... are you saying that.. 'some' police actually racially profile white guys? I thought they only did that to, well... you know... them.

Wait a second... are you saying that.. 'some' police actually racially profile white guys? I thought they only did that to, well... you know... them.

Just like any profession, there are bad apples in the police force. The cops who racially profile people will do so regardless of their race. It's going to be about their perceptions of what the person is up to. A cop who thinks a black man in a white neighborhood is up to no good will also think a white man in a black neighborhood is up to no good.

It's the same type of person acting in both instances, and really it's for the same reasons.

These cops are thankfully in the minority of the police oficers I've ever dealt with. But unfortunately they do exist, and they make life more difficult on the good cops.

Just like any profession, there are bad apples in the police force. The cops who racially profile people will do so regardless of their race. It's going to be about their perceptions of what the person is up to. A cop who thinks a black man in a white neighborhood is up to no good will also think a white man in a black neighborhood is up to no good.

It's the same type of person acting in both instances, and really it's for the same reasons.

These cops are thankfully in the minority of the police oficers I've ever dealt with. But unfortunately they do exist, and they make life more difficult on the good cops.

I know, I was being sarcastic toward those who think that the cops who profile, only use profiling against minorities. The ones that do it, do it whenever they deem it necessary.

I know, I was being sarcastic toward those who think that the cops who profile, only use profiling against minorities. The ones that do it, do it whenever they deem it necessary.

Sorry, I was agreeing with you on that, and then lamenting th efact that there are cops who feel it is necessary. Unfortunately it came across as though I missed the sarcasm.

Back
Top Bottom