• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man Pays Tax Bill With Thousands of Single Dollar Bills to Protest 'Stolen' Money

Yup. Just like my cable bill, Internet, phone, etc.

If I'm not mistaken that decision was not made by the market.

Because we shouldn't be heartless bastards?

Heartless bastards? What do we have to do with it? We aren't involved in the transaction we are paying for or their lives.

Because you're not a heartless bastard?

That's a stupid reason. What if I was? What of it?

Are you a heartless bastard? Are you so selfish as to value artificially valued pieces of paper over the health and well-being of a human being?

Those artificially valued pieces of paper I worked hard to obtain and they are my property. It is my right to decide on what I will do with it. Just because someone needs something might motivate you and might very well motivate me, but it might not motivate someone else. Why should they pay for it?

Not if you can lose the property for not paying it.

Exactly. If we fail to pay the tax the government seizes the property and by doing so the government takes from us our right to own that property. As long as we pay the government we are allowed to keep the property, but once the little mob boss is not paid he seizes the property.

Those artificially valued pieces of paper I worked hard to obtain and they are my property.
Obviously you don't seem to care about human life, so let's try this a different way.

How did you obtain that property? Did you drive on public roads to get it? How do you fuel your vehicle? Do you pay wholesale price for gas? Do you use Internet or cell service which was subsidized by the government? How do you light your home? What do you do for a job?

It is my right to decide on what I will do with it.
And you decided to live in America and not move. And since it is America's currency, America decided you need to help provide necessary services for all Americans.

You're more than welcome to move.

Just because someone needs something might motivate you and might very well motivate me, but it might not motivate someone else. Why should they pay for it?
Because they receive services as well, necessary services which can only be paid through mass collection. Imagine the level of bureaucracy if we did it your way. We'd have to have a separate division of government for EVERY good or service provided. We'd have so many more people working these jobs, it'd drain funding from them, driving the price of the goods and services sky high where only a few could afford them.

In other words, they should pay for it because it's the right thing to do. It's the right thing to do from a logical and emotional standpoint. It's only from a selfish standpoint one can argue it's not right.

Obviously you don't seem to care about human life, so let's try this a different way.

How did you obtain that property? Did you drive on public roads to get it? How do you fuel your vehicle? Do you pay wholesale price for gas? Do you use Internet or cell service which was subsidized by the government? How do you light your home? What do you do for a job?

Most of those things you describe are not paid by property taxes and are in fact assessed taxes of their own.

In other words, they should pay for it because it's the right thing to do. It's the right thing to do from a logical and emotional standpoint. It's only from a selfish standpoint one can argue it's not right.

This IS America and doing the non-selfish, "right" thing isn't by government mandate, or at least it wasn't.

The fact that they had to count each and every penny by hand made my day. :lamo

Yeah, I know it'd cost a fortune to deliver to them, but imagine paying a several thousand dollar tax bill to the treasury that way. Makes me grin. :mrgreen:

Most of those things you describe are not paid by property taxes and are in fact assessed taxes of their own.
I know, I never claimed otherwise. But they are goods/services provided by taxation, which he benefits from through other people's money. That was the point.

Yeah, I know it'd cost a fortune to deliver to them, but imagine paying a several thousand dollar tax bill to the treasury that way. Makes me grin. :mrgreen:

Here is seven thousand in pennies. Invest in a penny counter? Nah, but making everyone pay for someone else's healthcare? Absolutely. Justice served in the form of pennies.

Who said that? I didn't. There is a difference between not buying into the idea that you should take the property of people to pay for others and not caring for other people.

How did you obtain that property?

Depends. My body was obtained on my creation, my money was earned through an agreement I made with my employer and everything else was acquired through the use of voluntary exchange in the market. Though technically, the two are the same thing.

Did you drive on public roads to get it? How do you fuel your vehicle? Do you pay wholesale price for gas? Do you use Internet or cell service which was subsidized by the government? How do you light your home? What do you do for a job?

This all matters because?? The last time I checked I can't drive beside roads and I have no control over where my money goes that I'm forced to pay the government. Am I supposed to live in the stone age because the government decided to take part in corporate welfare?

And you decided to live in America and not move. And since it is America's currency, America decided you need to help provide necessary services for all Americans.

America doesn't get to decide on what I will do with my property. That is where your argument fails.

You're more than welcome to move.

Yeah, sure.

Because they receive services as well, necessary services which can only be paid through mass collection.

And what would those services be? Education doesn't need mass collection to be provided the last time I checked unless private education and people that home school their children are doing it wrong.

Imagine the level of bureaucracy if we did it your way. We'd have to have a separate division of government for EVERY good or service provided. We'd have so many more people working these jobs, it'd drain funding from them, driving the price of the goods and services sky high where only a few could afford them.

Perhaps that why you don't provide 1,00,000,0000,000 services.

Last edited:
Does he have a valid point?

wah-wahwah....he's a dam show off and nothing else.

The municipality should tell him to keep his measly $7K,and tell him:

• Next time you want to leave your house and go somewhere ...build your own dam road first
  • Go build your own street lights
  • Go run your own sewer lines
  • go process your own garbage
  • go build your own generator
  • make dam sure you're on well water (not county water)

And if you can't ...we know some other countries out there where you can home school your kids ...and pay no taxes ...countries like Rwanda.

Good grief ..I just hate seeing people pining for attention. :roll:

Here is seven thousand in pennies. Invest in a penny counter? Nah, but making everyone pay for someone else's healthcare? Absolutely. Justice served in the form of pennies.
As long as you're willing to carry all those pennies in the door...

The better question is should you be taxed for the right to own property.

But yes, taxes are almost always theft and property taxes are a wonderful example of it.

Translation: "I want all the things this country provides for me but don't want to pay for it."

Translation: "I want all the things this country provides for me but don't want to pay for it."

It is more like I don't like thugs that seize my property if I don't pay them.

It is more like I don't like thugs that seize my property if I don't pay them.

Another free lunch libertarian. Stop using our roads, courts, schools, military, police, and water supply, and we'll let you not pay taxes

Another free lunch libertarian. Stop using our roads, courts, schools, military, police, and water supply, and we'll let you not pay taxes

The thread is about how taxes are levied, not the existence of taxes.

Back
Top Bottom