• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man on the street threads

Chuz Life

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I seen on several news site, as feature where a news story is shared or a question asked and people's answers are posted (often with a picture of themselves and where they are from),... and the reader is pretty much to read all the responses and maybe even wish that they had been there when the questions were asked.

I think it would be a nice feature for this site.

A member could post a subject, news story, etc. and others could simply post their opinions about it and let that be the end of it. No banter between the respondants, no ridicule or arguing. Just a long list of responses that allow the reader to make comparissons without all the noise and clutter and sidebar nonsense that too often takes a thread away from the topic in the OP.

Comments?

if this were a new site, that'd be a good idea, but the purpose of this site is debates.

if this were a new site, that'd be a good idea, but the purpose of this site is debates.

Doesn't this site have room for one block of threads like this?

I envision it as being like a poll thread where responders can offer comments if they want to (like they would in a man on the street interview) and we could all enjoy the comments without having to sort through all the ensuing arguments, hijack and diversion attempts, etc.

Why is this not a reasonable request?

Doesn't this site have room for one block of threads like this?

I envision it as being like a poll thread where responders can offer comments if they want to (like they would in a man on the street interview) and we could all enjoy the comments without having to sort through all the ensuing arguments, hijack and diversion attempts, etc.

Why is this not a reasonable request?

i'm not saying it's unreasonable, i actually like the idea, but it doesn't seem to fit the purpose of the site, and i doubt you'd be able to stop people from arguing.

i'm not saying it's unreasonable, i actually like the idea, but it doesn't seem to fit the purpose of the site, and i doubt you'd be able to stop people from arguing.

That's true.

It would be up to the moderator to see that it doesn't happen.

Just like everywhere else, a few bad apples seem to ruin it for the others.

Back
Top Bottom